September 18, 2014 | 1813 users online

Moisturizers - DHC - Tocophero E Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, I really did not like this stuff. I found it very plastic-y and greasy looking when applied. It did have a silky texture, but was very heavy. It also had a slight odor. I experienced some stinging upon application and got a couple pimples for my trouble. Either it's the vitamin E content that bothers me or the cream is too clogging for my skin. It's also rather expensive and comes in an unhygienic tub. So, overall, this is a big NO for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I probably shouldn't review this so soon, but that's what edits are for! I am between creams (should I buy my old faithful that really doesn't do anything special, or find a new cream?) After a bad bout of chin acne from another new cream I tried, I found a sample of this in my stash, I have patchy dry spots and healing acne and my skin looked trashed,. Not knowing much about it, I went on the premise that it had Vitamin E, it couldn't be all bad, This is a very thick cream,which is what I was looking for It did seem to take longer to sink in, but I've had that happen with olive oil based products before, After about 10 minutes, it had absorbed, and my skin felt soft and smooth, although my rosecea looked like it didn't like the cream at first. Next morning, my skin was soft, matte but not dry, and felt velvety. The pink had calmed down,. What was impressive was the chin acne had all but isappeared. Patchy dry spots were gone, and my skin just seemed smoother and more comfortable in our dry CO climate. I'll finish the sample, then contemplate a jar, Watch for edits...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by SKINFETISH

I love this moisturizer! this is my fave moisturizer during the winter. i get oily on the warmer months and dehydrated to dry in the colder months. i also have sensitive skin. i was suffering back then from using retin a and other medicated acne products which i was allergic to and made my skin so fragile and literally burned my face that no moisturizer or face wash out there in the market soothe and healed my skin. i got so stressed about it that i just gave up taking care of my skin. i couldn't even put sunscreen on my face when i go out because it would burn! i could only wash my face with water and thats it. until i tried this moisturizer and it was A LIFESAVER!!!! it did not irritate my skin at all! not single tingling sensation from it. not only was it gentle but it was very effective.my skin transformed from ultr/hypersensitive to just mildly sensitive. my skin is dewy when i wake up in the morning.Japanese and or Asian people knows best about taking care of skin.

p.s. i tried Cetaphil, La Roche Posay, Avene and almost every other skincare product out there that promises to be beneficial for sensitive skin and yet powerful ---nothing compares to the DHC tocophero E cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have dry skin in general but it sometimes gets shiny in the T-zone. I tried this moisturizer and it felt great going on at night--VERY creamy and absorbed well. I felt like I was really getting something from it. The only problem? The next day, about midway through the day, I noticed my face felt REALLY GREASY! I haven't felt that way since high school. I didn't actually break out, and my face LOOKED normal in the mirror, but when I happened to touch my face I could feel oiliness. Didn't like it and won't buy this again - it's too intense for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by deborahmh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this product some time ago and I liked it. It didn't break me out but it was a bit too heavy. I prefer a little bit lighter creams.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2008 12:05:00 AM More reviews by thao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after trying out a sample from DHC. At first I was using it a few times a week before bed but then starting to use it every night and it was really helpful on my dry skin. This cream is very thick and rich. The only thing I don't like is that it sits on the skin longer than I want it to, so of course it takes a while for it to absorb into the skin. The thing I like is that it makes my skin feels really soft in the morning. I'm currently trying out the Ceramide cream and it seems to be absorbing better.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by prettybird98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very thick, very hydrating cream. I suffer from extremely dry skin in the winter, and wanted something for night time. This skin cream does the trick, it is extremely hydrating, but I don't like how it feels. It is very thick and doesn't seem to absorb well into my skin. It makes my skin feel greasy, especially around the t-zone. It did not make me break out, I just don't like that it feels so oily and doesn't absorb.

I would not buy again, and am going to try to exchange the bottle that I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Looks like I'm in the vast minority on this product. I really liked this cream. I have combination sensitive skin, with larger pores and a touch of redness in the T-Zone. I loved how this cream sank in and just made my skin feel moisturized, soft and supple. This is usually $28 for a 1.2 oz. jar of thick, rich cream. On sale it's usually $21. It is more than I would usually pay for a face cream, but I will continue to buy this. One of the better DHC products, in my opinion. Ingredients include an intense level of vitamin E, olive oil, rosemary and trehalose.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by madmamma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This products has been really good for my skin. I'm on my second jar now. I have very sensitive combination skin with rosacea, lucky me. Anyway, this cream works great to keep my skin moisturized and protected through dry winter months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2007 3:44:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Though I liked using this cream, I probably won't purchase. It was very non-irritating and moisturuzing on my retinized combo skin, and was GREAT as an eye cream. However, it was a bit heavy and greasy though I don't mind that in the winter. The real reasons I probably won't buy are: it doesn't look like the vitamin E content is very high, according to the ingredient list; and Cetaphil and Eucerin creams work pretty much the same (I use Cetaphil cream as an eye cream too) and are MUCH cheaper.