September 17, 2014 | 1866 users online

Pressed Powders - L'Oreal - Translucide Healthy Glow Compact Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by BRosa

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice setting powder, provides a bit of shimmer,not much, but you may want to skip it if you are going to have your pic taken with flash. The smell is nice, not weird like others I have tried. It doesn't control oil very well, but that aside, it is a great product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2005 1:26:00 PM More reviews by artemis16

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Actually for me, the oil absorption works very well, I think it's comparable to MAC Blot powder. I have it in the translucent shade (I think it's #13, at least in the UK) and I'm very pleased with it. i think this'll be my powder of choice - and quite a bit cheaper than MAC.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2004 12:37:00 AM More reviews by rachvt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I found this at my local drug store - a rather inexpensive, but sheer powder, so I thought I'd give it a try. I like the very soft, fine texture of the powder. It mattifies a bit, but is on the whole pretty useless when it comes to shine control, but to be fair, the shine was probably made worse by the foundation that I was using at the time. Anyways, the colours available for this were all not very good matches for my skin tone - either too pinkish or too dark. This powder is not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2004 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Moushka

Even though this is a cheaper powder & I don't use powder much it's the only pressed powder I have and it covers up spots etc well and absorbs the grease well, colour, although a little pale (can't remember shade I got, think its Ivory) is also quite good. Fairly impressed with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2004 3:52:00 PM More reviews by sazzle1985

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Soft Ivory cos even though I'm super pale someone told me that translucent powders can sometimes look chalky, and this is the perfect colour for me! I also love the cute compact with the mirror and puff but after being shuffled around in my bag the clasp cracked :( definitely buy it again though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2004 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Emma13

I can't believe I'm the only one to review this! I picked this one up at the drugstore ("chemist" in the UK) just because I needed a pressed powder and figured I would get something cheap while I decided whether to go for GA or Becca, or Chanel... well, I have to say I'm really impressed! Mine is shade "14 soft ivory" and it is an incredibly smooth pressed powder that goes on like silk and does not accentuate any dry spots or flakiness at all (a problem I have with Lancomen's "matte finish"). My skin looks so good with this! The downside is that it isn't really heavy duty when it comes to controlling oil. But then again it also does not look cakey even when reapplied a few times, which I consider more important. A great find! I wish the compact was a little less bulky though, and the puff is crap so I have replaced it. Overall really good stuff.