April 16, 2014 | 874 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - MegaEyes Cream Eyeshadow-#193 Cafe au Lait [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I, too, purchased 3 of these because I'd read so many stellar reviews on MUA, and I'm always "discovering" awesome products just as they are discontinued. The color looked pretty in the tube. I wish I'd only bought 1 (or none).
    This is sooooo SHEER that there's virtually NO color...except for the brilliant sparkles. It is not gritty, nor glittery...just very, very sparkly. This would only show up if you were Casper-pail. Doesn't perform well as an ES primer/base. Live and learn. I guess I'll try to unload them on Craigs List (along with my other accumulated unused/unopened stuff; I only opened 1).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by megglundrigan

I'm really sad to here that this product has been discontinued. It's the only creme eye shadow I've tried that doesn't crease, which is great if you have oily lids like me. The color is gorgeous and can be worn for just about any occasion. I don't find it to be very hard to apply...Though you have to swipe it on quickly because it dries and stays put (no creasing!). I have noticed that it can be quite glittery but it doesn't really bother me. To dress it up a bit I blend it with a bit of dark brown eyeliner for a smokey effect. Would buy again in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by BrittyG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THESE! I have this product in champaigne, the pink, and a bronze color. I love them all! They aren't the easiest to blend, but once you know what you are doing, they work wonderfully. LIke the reviewer below said, use a lot and they don't crease. These have AMAZING staying power for me, and look great! I am really sad these were discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I reviewed this in 2006, but decided to review again to give some tips. I've been using this for like 4 years now lol, after I couldn't find it in stores I bought some off ebay (not sure if it's discontinued or not because after I bought it on ebay I started seeing it in some stores still) but the key to this not creasing it putting alot on. I have extremely oily skin and have never used a primer or base, I have also layered this on pretty think, and then used a bronze color in my crease. Because you have to layer it on pretty thick, it doesn't worth with alot of colors because it will obviously change the color of your eyeshadow and basically make any color frosty. It also applies better after you use it for a while (I guess because air gets into the tube and makes the product a little thicker and it goes on easily). But like I said, I have extremely oil lids and this always kept my eyeshadows on and turned any basic brown into a really unique frosty color that I always got compliments on. When trying to get away from this, I bought Mac paint and I don't remember what made me stop using it, but I threw it out and went back to using this lol. It's dirt cheap and if you can find it I definitely recommend giving it a shot but it doesn't work for everyone and only works if your going for a frosty look because it will change the color of your eyeshadow which is one of the reasons I'm going to purchase my first primer- this cream shadow is changing my MAC coppering eyeshadow to a color I don't really like and the MAC eyeshadow is frosty enough on it's own.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyClaire79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product in a few of the colors, this and champagne being my favorites. I guess they are now discontinued. I love the idea of a cream eyeshadow in a tube like this...does anyone have any suggestions for a substitute? I can't go on without this product!

It's a great base or great neutral eye with black eyeliner, like Posh on the cover of Allure in the 08/08 edition.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

I got this because of the good reviews and the fact that it is cheap. I was looking for a long lasting cream eyeshadow. This works pretty good for the price. It is pretty sheer and I feel like the colors have too many sparkles. They are big and noticable. In this color not AS much but still... I use it on occasion if I'm going to the store, doing errands etc but I wouldn't repurchase. I gave it 4 stars because I think it IS a good product for the price and because of it's lasting power but I just can't get past the sparkles.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by kenji2221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this at Rite Aid on clearance (50% off) so it came out to be $1.00. But in this case I guess you get what you pay for. A lot of people were saying that this worked great as a base and helped prevent creasing and I guess it did to some extent, but it's no miracle product. The color is nice and I use it under my eyeshadows, but this didn't impress me enough to make me want to buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by nkadiwar

I bought this eye shadow after reading the reviews on MUA. I have to say that I am very disappointed in it. It is very messy to put on and when I do get it on my lids, I can barely see it. Also, it goes on streaky. Maybe I am putting it on wrong. I put a little on my fingers and then I dab it on my eyelids. I would have kept it and used it as a base but I noticed that it burned my eyelids. Yikes. In the trash it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2008 12:05:00 AM More reviews by IvyGuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, what a great eyeshadow. I'm not the type of person who usually bothers with eye makeup but this seemed so completely easy and foolproof, I just had to try it for myself. Cafe au Lait looks like a shimmery bronzey brown in the tube but shows up on my LLL skin as a very sheer neutral (maybe a shade or 2 darker than my skintone) with some shimmer...nothing frosty or over the top, which is good because I hate frosty stuff. This is a product I find myself using almost everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by MissE

I was using and loving Maybelline's cream eyeshadows for years. Then they decide to discountinue. I overstocked up on as many as possile but eventually had to stray. I found this color lovely, it is an everyday neutral. It is fabulous as an eyeshadow base or simply as shadow. It does not wear off and has lasted 12+ hours for me. Definitely HG for me, hope they don't go and discontinue this now.