September 20, 2014 | 1888 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Tokyo Duo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been on yet another eye shadow buying mania lately and many of my purchases have been NARS. I read some great comments about Tokyo and just became obsessed with having it. I have to admit, it's not the most "wow" combo going but it is so perfect for mornings when I'm in a rush and want to look a bit more "finished" than the effect of my bare lids. It's basically impossible to overdo these colours. The lighter shade all over, lashes to brow bone, with the "darker" (the term is relative as it's not really at all "dark") all over the mobile lid and I have a nice, polished and wide-awake look. Add a bit of black or dark brown liner and DONE! For a bit more definition, any cool toned brown shadow (from light such as UD Naked to dark like Cordura's dark side), grey, plummy grey or mauve shadow in the crease will work wonderfully, since the colours in Tokyo are so "easy-going" that they work with just about any other shadows you might have). If you like dramatic, bold eye looks, this is probably NOT for you but if you like subtle, easy and elegant, this is worth a look. I'm not sure that I'd repurchase Tokyo - the colours themselves are not all that outstanding, though the texture and application are wonderful - but I'm not likely to finish it in my lifetime (I'm getting up there in years!). However, I do enjoy having and using this and I guess if I lost it, I would buy a replacement.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by shesparkles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this due to misleading lighting in Sephora--thought it was a workhorse taupe/vanilla duo--BUT I don't regret it. kattymat's description of the darker shade as purply-taupe-gray is pretty right--it's purple, but it doesn't give me a bruised eye, and it's subtle enough that I can wear it to the office without feeling like a teenager (so lovers of brights, you will probably find it boring!). It has a lilac brightening quality, actually, so I look a little better-rested. I generally wear the darker shade all over the lid except the inner corner, and the lighter shade for inner corner and blending into the highlight color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

First,
Skin tone: Nc/nw 07-10 or Nars Gobi (currently) and Kat Von D lock it 44.

I have Acne prone, sensitive, combination, oily skin. I have a lot of allergies. So I choose Nars over Mac because for me Mac has a lot of ingredients my skin cannot handle.

I really like this dual eye shadow set. Mostly matte shade, with a smidgen of shimmer so little it still looks matte. I find the application smooth and extremely blendable. Also I think it works well on my skin tone considering how cool toned it is. I am still learning about skin tone and what works for what. I agree with Seattlemama on her review of it, so I don't want to quote her word for word. It is great for subtle day time use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just got this and I LOVE it so much. I have NC15 superpale skin with strong golden undertones. I tend to wear cool eyeshadow colors because warm color all make me look orange. These are such beautiful, soft, subtle colors, perfect for daytime/office. They're so soft light that they might not show up on darker skins. I've ben using the pale shade for lid and browbone, with the grey/purple shade in the crease and outer v. The purple shade is definitely light enough for an all-over wash of color as well. There is a slight shimmer to this but the overall appearance is pretty matte. I was worried when I first opened it that the purple was too similar to Lhasa but I held it up to it and Lhasa is much greyer and less purple than the Tokyo purple. The quality of the formula is the usual Nars quality - no fallout and an elegant feel, with scarce microglitter. The usual sturdy, sleek, sophisticated Nars black packaging. Highly recommend this duo if you like soft, cool-toned eyeshadows and your skin is light.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by snarkiest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tokyo has so many reviews there really isn't much more to add other than the plum shade from Brousse is great complement to this duo when added the outer corners of eyes. It would likely work well as a crease color also, but I really like the subtlety of Tokyo without crease definition. Lovely duo!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by gabbygibsongirl

I absolutely love this duo. I usuall wear neutrals or purples but sometimes neutrals can wash me out or look dull on me. This does not it draws attention to my eyes without loud colors and is understated tjhis goes so well with all my cool toned MU products. I can just throw this on and mascara and BAM look great without much effort. the staying powder is great lasting ALL day with primer but one time I forgot to use primer and applied it on its own. It still stood strong through out most of the day. The texture is super creamy and buttery blending is a breeze. the packaging is sleek and modern. As another reviewer recalled it as elegant I absolutely agree. Will repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by ttyn

I LOVE IT !
My first NARS eyeshadow.
great neaural shades !
cant wait to but diff shadows from NARS!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by bluedoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Its a elegance

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by MrsHolcomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely neutrals that are slightly off the beaten path of taupes, golds etc

The lighter color is almost a silvery frost---but with very low shimmer to it. Very instantly brightening and lovely as a base or pop of highlight.

The darker color is almost a silvery mauve---very light...so nearly a taupe. This is such a lovely and unexpected lid color.

I definitely have been grabbing for this duo over my usual neutrals lately!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Lovin' the colour combo's, great frost purples for winter. This duo is the reason I want to purcahse more eyeshadows from NARS. Finely milled powder and blends very nicely. Staying power is pretty good and I suppose that justifies the hefty price tag. Recommend if you like the colours.