April 19, 2014 | 1064 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by melissalovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up this product at big lots and for the price I just couldn't say no. Normally $7.99 at CVS, I got it for just $2.00! I've definitely found that big lots carries a lot of drugstore makeup (maybelline, revlon, covergirl, etc.) at a cheaper price and I reccommend that you check it out if you have a store near you. So back to the lipstick - this is the perfect shade. I cannot tell you how long I've been looking for a pink color that wasnt too "barbie pink." It's ALMOST like a "my lips but better" color but it still has that hint of pink that makes it just come close. The formula of this lipstick is super creamy, keeping in mind that I use a lip balm or a lip butter underneath all of my lipsticks (to keep from creasing, drying or flaking up.) The only thing that I didn't really love about the product is one part of the packaging - which really isn't a big deal. When you open the lipstick it's in a black case but then it has a gold casing too. The gold casing is shiny and "mirror" like so fingerprints and any lipstick that gets on it just smears all over. I would've prefered more of a matte metal but hey, I payed $2.00 for the product. I really can't complain! To be honest, if I had to replace this product and pay $7.99 - I probably would. Check big lots first though! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by sallyb123456

love it gorgeous texture and colour. does not dry lips. I find it similar to my mac cremesheen fanfare. just very slightly less pigmented but more smooth application and better texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by m331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the lightest shade of pink I can get away with wearing. I think it's a true neutral - not too peach or purple. I'm impressed by these Revlon cremes. Very wearable. If you are looking for a pale pink lip, this formula is among the best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A peachy-creamy pink lipstick that can pass of as a healthy flush of nude... This shade compliments my NC35/30 skin perfectly, makes lips appear fuller too as it's lighter than my natural lip shade. Somehow over time, the base of the lipstick has melted, that left the tube with quite a mess. Maybe just my storing problems, otherwise a great one for its price.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Notaglamourpuss1

I like the formulation of the Super Lustrous line but this shade is simply too loud for me. More like a neon pink with yellow undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Kluvsx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Lipsticks are my favorite makeup products and I always look forward for trying new ones.
This pink lipstick suits most of skin tones, the formula is not drying and it applies very nicely. However, The Pink In The Afternoon lipstick doesn't stay long on my lips (comparing to MAC and YSL). One thing that I absolutely hate about this product is that it smells like chemicals so badly.
Overall it's a good lipstick for its price, but if you aren't on a budget, than go for Mac ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by rangers30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As a lipstick "snob", I was hesitant to try a drugstore lipstick. However, recently my Chanel, MAC, and NARS lipsticks have been leaving my lips (and bank account) parched. During a sale I snagged this out of curiosity. The Super Lustrous formula is everything I wanted MAC cremesheen to be. For less than half the price though, I got a far superior lipstick. Pink in the Afternoon is a peachy pink Aubrey Hepburn-esque shade that feels creamy and light on the lips, yet delivers strong pigmentation. It left my normally dry lips feeling comfortable during the day. Money well spent.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by KirRoyal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great lipstick! No, really, the colour is amazing, MLBB & work with anything, it's creamy, it doesn't dry my lips out, it's very affordable... the only perk is that it doesn't last on me particularly long. Even though, for the feeling and the shade of it, I'd be happy to reapply the lipstick ever so often.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by rhody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Meh. I really believe a lipstick should make one's complexion look a little brighter. This is okay, but the shade doesn't do much for my complexion. I don't look any better or worse with this on than I do without any lipstick at all. But frankly, that's not good enough.

The formula is great, though. Creamy but comfortable at the same time, and not drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by WendyTran

I bought it for 4$ or 5$ at Jean Coutu :) (Quebec)
Pros
-Great color and pigmentation : looks flattering and natural on my pigmented lips
-The lipstick itself looks expensive and elegant :B
-Makes lips look moisturized

Cons
-.....

My lovie ruined it when he closed it for me... :( The lipstick was not completely inside the tube... Babe if you are reading this, fu :) <3