Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

4.2

on 3/2/2015 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Actually, it's hard to really describe its color. It sits in the middle of being it a pink or leaning towards coral/peachy color but it's definitely more like a pink to me. It's vibrant but not a loud color. I have used this lipstick many times on myself and clients coz the color suits any skin color. I'd just say that the color makes a woman instantly pretty and fresh. I just love the color and it's definitely a safe color, not too loud and not nude/pale.

on 2/9/2015 6:55:00 AM

This pink is great for those who find coral shades too warm. I struggle to wear bright pink unless it's fuschia which I find too loud. This however looks as though it's going to pull warm but on my skin (neutral leaning towards cool) it's perfect. Reminds me of MAC Chatterbox. The staying power is great considering it has a creamy texture/finish. Definitely recommend!

on 12/8/2014 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

As others have said this is a nice neutral mid-pink. To me it has slight yellowish overtones more suitable for complexions that can wear peach and yellow based shades. For my fair skin I usually prefer a slightly bluer pink but I like to wear this lipstick over a blue based pink pencil. Then it's perfect on me.I like a pink that is definitely there, not too sheer. It also has no shimmer at all which I prefer. I've always liked Revlon lipstick which has been around forever. It's creamy but not greasy, only a bit waxy and has pretty good staying power. Once you get on two coats and blot it a bit it will last a long time. It's also very reasonably priced and the lipstick case is OK, nothing fancy.

on 11/26/2014 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have difficulties wearing pink lipsticks. Because my lip is so pigmented, the colors usually don't show well on my lips. This is one the better ones. I'll try with a neutural lip pencil and perhaps a lip brush to see if the application can be better. The color is so pretty when I swatched it on my hand but it just doesn't transfer well when I put it on my lips. I really enjoy the creamy texture though.

on 11/15/2014 1:43:00 PM

This is probably my favorite lipstick. It's my go-to color, and I'm so glad that I found it.
What really intrigues me is the color of this product. I can't accurately describe it; the closest I can say is that it's a pure medium pink. It's not definitely either a warm or cool color; it's purely neutral. It looks perfect in any season and with almost anything I wear. It's not light or dark, but rather just vibrant. With my warm skintone, it looks incredibly flattering.
The pigmentation is amazing. With one swipe, I can get the full opaque color that this lipstick offers. Also, the texture is very creamy. I wouldn't call this a completely non-sticky lipstick, and it's a tiny bit waxy, but that doesn't really detract from it.
Staying power is great. It's obviously not meant to be super long-wearing, but it stays on excellently. I barely have to reapply it. The color doesn't bleed, run, smudge or fade.
This is such a well-made lipstick; the packaging is also really beautiful and the price is so incredibly affordable! I love this product all around. There's not really much more to say; I simply love it!

on 11/8/2014 10:21:00 PM

I only gave it 1 lippie because WOW, this is close to being neon pink,not the way I like pink lipsticks to be.

on 9/22/2014 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a beautiful warm-neutral pink that it is still suitable for cool complexions. It's long lasting, no fragrance and non-drying. It's great for the office or for evening; it is a very pretty and flattering natural pink. Unfortunately, I think it has been discontinued, as I can no longer find it at drugstores. I also looked on Revlon's website and it is no longer listed. :(

on 8/31/2014 4:12:00 PM

It's a dead ringer for the lipstick that Audrey Hepburn applies constantly in "Breakfast at Tiffany's." Creamy, matte, and pink... this lipstick is a dream. I'm currently too tan to enjoy this without looking like Malibu Barbie, but as soon as it cools off this and a tan trench coat (with something underneath it, thank you very much) will be my uniform.

Interesting to note that not every drugstore carries this particular shade. Or at least that was my experience in SoCal.

on 8/11/2014 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

*PITA: Acronym for 'Pink in the Afternoon'

Price: SGD $12 - I got this at 30% off during a sale.

Wow, I'm pretty sure I have found my perfect everyday lipstick! I was on the hunt for a 'Hepburn' pink and I zoomed into this lipstick. I would say that it is a touch darker than what Audrey Hepburn used on "Breakfast at Tiffany's" but the colors belong to the same family and has similar undertones. I love to wear PITA with a bare eye and also when I do a slightly-winged eyeliner. It is such a versatile shade.

PITA is really beautiful and complements on my NC20 fair Asian skintone. However, I reckon it will work well with neutral and cool-toned ladies too. It is a really pretty salmon-pink with hints of peach and beige. It adds enough color to brighten up my face but it never tries to shout for attention. PITA is the epitome of a classy, everyday pink that makes any woman feel pretty.

The formula hits the nail on the point, just like any Super Lustrous Creme lipstick. It lasts for around 2-3 hours on me with some light snacking and drinking, and leaves a slight stain. It does not dry out my lips but I like to slick on some lip balm just to make my lips feel a little more moisturized.

I will repurchase and recommend this lipstick - no doubts about that!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought into the Audrey Hepburn hype, & broke down, & bought this. It's very classy. It's a soft pink, makes me look very glam! It's not got much peach nor nude/brown on me, just creamy cool type pale pink. This is seriously matte but very creamy on. No noticable scent/odor/perfumes. It doesn't dry out my lips too badly & doesn't settle into the fine lines, but I put on Carmex b4 I shower & let that sink in whilst l am batheing as a prep (every day not just for this lippie.). This looks more scary in the tube than "on," but it's versatile coz u can put it on straight from the tube for full on or you can dab your ring finger or take a brush & get some product onto it & lightly coat ur lips, but I apply it straight from the tube myself personally most of the time. I liked the comment below about "ladies who lunch" ....well that and "Bridge Club" (just joking tongue in cheek!). You can rock this lipstick if you wear a timeless glam outfit & makeup. I hate to say I almost get a Snooki-like vibe from this coz it's really similar to KA'OIR Snooklicious lipstick, but a little more muted, similar color thou same color family/vein. I love how glam I feel in this lipstick, it's glam-to-go in a tube! If you are feeling sad & need a little DS "treat"/pick-me-up run do not walk to a drugstore or bigbox retailer & get a tube! Remember, the best revenge is looking good!! Pair this w a sleek ponty tail, black liquid eyeliner, & flawless skin....wear cute ballet flats & skinny pants, anything w a retro vibe! Optional accessories: raincoat with wet cat. :) this lipstick is gonna go down in Revlon history as did Cheeries In The Snow, Love That Pink, & Toast Of New York, I sincerely hope it doesn't get deep sixxed like Deep Nude! A timeless classic homage to American glamour. Chanel may have haute French couture but Revlon does American DS chic! :)

Popular Lipsticks