December 17, 2014 | 1714 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As others have said this is a nice neutral mid-pink. To me it has slight yellowish overtones more suitable for complexions that can wear peach and yellow based shades. For my fair skin I usually prefer a slightly bluer pink but I like to wear this lipstick over a blue based pink pencil. Then it's perfect on me.I like a pink that is definitely there, not too sheer. It also has no shimmer at all which I prefer. I've always liked Revlon lipstick which has been around forever. It's creamy but not greasy, only a bit waxy and has pretty good staying power. Once you get on two coats and blot it a bit it will last a long time. It's also very reasonably priced and the lipstick case is OK, nothing fancy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have difficulties wearing pink lipsticks. Because my lip is so pigmented, the colors usually don't show well on my lips. This is one the better ones. I'll try with a neutural lip pencil and perhaps a lip brush to see if the application can be better. The color is so pretty when I swatched it on my hand but it just doesn't transfer well when I put it on my lips. I really enjoy the creamy texture though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This is probably my favorite lipstick. It's my go-to color, and I'm so glad that I found it.
What really intrigues me is the color of this product. I can't accurately describe it; the closest I can say is that it's a pure medium pink. It's not definitely either a warm or cool color; it's purely neutral. It looks perfect in any season and with almost anything I wear. It's not light or dark, but rather just vibrant. With my warm skintone, it looks incredibly flattering.
The pigmentation is amazing. With one swipe, I can get the full opaque color that this lipstick offers. Also, the texture is very creamy. I wouldn't call this a completely non-sticky lipstick, and it's a tiny bit waxy, but that doesn't really detract from it.
Staying power is great. It's obviously not meant to be super long-wearing, but it stays on excellently. I barely have to reapply it. The color doesn't bleed, run, smudge or fade.
This is such a well-made lipstick; the packaging is also really beautiful and the price is so incredibly affordable! I love this product all around. There's not really much more to say; I simply love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only gave it 1 lippie because WOW, this is close to being neon pink,not the way I like pink lipsticks to be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful warm-neutral pink that it is still suitable for cool complexions. It's long lasting, no fragrance and non-drying. It's great for the office or for evening; it is a very pretty and flattering natural pink. Unfortunately, I think it has been discontinued, as I can no longer find it at drugstores. I also looked on Revlon's website and it is no longer listed. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by LadyRenacorn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a dead ringer for the lipstick that Audrey Hepburn applies constantly in "Breakfast at Tiffany's." Creamy, matte, and pink... this lipstick is a dream. I'm currently too tan to enjoy this without looking like Malibu Barbie, but as soon as it cools off this and a tan trench coat (with something underneath it, thank you very much) will be my uniform.

Interesting to note that not every drugstore carries this particular shade. Or at least that was my experience in SoCal.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by papierflora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

*PITA: Acronym for 'Pink in the Afternoon'

Price: SGD $12 - I got this at 30% off during a sale.

Wow, I'm pretty sure I have found my perfect everyday lipstick! I was on the hunt for a 'Hepburn' pink and I zoomed into this lipstick. I would say that it is a touch darker than what Audrey Hepburn used on "Breakfast at Tiffany's" but the colors belong to the same family and has similar undertones. I love to wear PITA with a bare eye and also when I do a slightly-winged eyeliner. It is such a versatile shade.

PITA is really beautiful and complements on my NC20 fair Asian skintone. However, I reckon it will work well with neutral and cool-toned ladies too. It is a really pretty salmon-pink with hints of peach and beige. It adds enough color to brighten up my face but it never tries to shout for attention. PITA is the epitome of a classy, everyday pink that makes any woman feel pretty.

The formula hits the nail on the point, just like any Super Lustrous Creme lipstick. It lasts for around 2-3 hours on me with some light snacking and drinking, and leaves a slight stain. It does not dry out my lips but I like to slick on some lip balm just to make my lips feel a little more moisturized.

I will repurchase and recommend this lipstick - no doubts about that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by valmont32677

I bought into the Audrey Hepburn hype, & broke down, & bought this. It's very classy. It's a soft pink, makes me look very glam! It's not got much peach nor nude/brown on me, just creamy cool type pale pink. This is seriously matte but very creamy on. No noticable scent/odor/perfumes. It doesn't dry out my lips too badly & doesn't settle into the fine lines, but I put on Carmex b4 I shower & let that sink in whilst l am batheing as a prep (every day not just for this lippie.). This looks more scary in the tube than "on," but it's versatile coz u can put it on straight from the tube for full on or you can dab your ring finger or take a brush & get some product onto it & lightly coat ur lips, but I apply it straight from the tube myself personally most of the time. I liked the comment below about "ladies who lunch" ....well that and "Bridge Club" (just joking tongue in cheek!). You can rock this lipstick if you wear a timeless glam outfit & makeup. I hate to say I almost get a Snooki-like vibe from this coz it's really similar to KA'OIR Snooklicious lipstick, but a little more muted, similar color thou same color family/vein. I love how glam I feel in this lipstick, it's glam-to-go in a tube! If you are feeling sad & need a little DS "treat"/pick-me-up run do not walk to a drugstore or bigbox retailer & get a tube! Remember, the best revenge is looking good!! Pair this w a sleek ponty tail, black liquid eyeliner, & flawless skin....wear cute ballet flats & skinny pants, anything w a retro vibe! Optional accessories: raincoat with wet cat. :) this lipstick is gonna go down in Revlon history as did Cheeries In The Snow, Love That Pink, & Toast Of New York, I sincerely hope it doesn't get deep sixxed like Deep Nude! A timeless classic homage to American glamour. Chanel may have haute French couture but Revlon does American DS chic! :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Key89

The reason, I bought It, is because Her name. This pink one of my daily lipstick. The colour is natural for Me and suitable for my skin. But I must use lipbalm first before apply this Pink. btw if you want to know what's lipstick colour for you, You can try lipstick when you don't have any make on your face. hHehe I know this tips from somewhere I belong and works for Me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Nudeish almost Barbie pink with a slight peachy coral tone. Neutral, good for most skin tones. Has that 60s opaque beachy look to it. Not sheer at all. No shimmer which is nice.

The review that called it a ballet slipper pink is correct.

On my lips, which are dry, a bit flaky with age lines it behaves fairly well. Won't travel into lip lines BUT does accentuate flaky patches. I fix that with a quick coat of Revlon super lustrous lip gloss in Super Natural which is another creamy nude pink & goes perfectly on top.

I don't have trouble with it drying my lips and it lasts. Even with gloss on top. I like it when I'm in a 60s mood channeling Audrey or Jackie. Really lights up my skin, especially wearing when navy or grey.