September 20, 2014 | 1785 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by LadyRenacorn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a dead ringer for the lipstick that Audrey Hepburn applies constantly in "Breakfast at Tiffany's." Creamy, matte, and pink... this lipstick is a dream. I'm currently too tan to enjoy this without looking like Malibu Barbie, but as soon as it cools off this and a tan trench coat (with something underneath it, thank you very much) will be my uniform.

Interesting to note that not every drugstore carries this particular shade. Or at least that was my experience in SoCal.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by papierflora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

*PITA: Acronym for 'Pink in the Afternoon'

Price: SGD $12 - I got this at 30% off during a sale.

Wow, I'm pretty sure I have found my perfect everyday lipstick! I was on the hunt for a 'Hepburn' pink and I zoomed into this lipstick. I would say that it is a touch darker than what Audrey Hepburn used on "Breakfast at Tiffany's" but the colors belong to the same family and has similar undertones. I love to wear PITA with a bare eye and also when I do a slightly-winged eyeliner. It is such a versatile shade.

PITA is really beautiful and complements on my NC20 fair Asian skintone. However, I reckon it will work well with neutral and cool-toned ladies too. It is a really pretty salmon-pink with hints of peach and beige. It adds enough color to brighten up my face but it never tries to shout for attention. PITA is the epitome of a classy, everyday pink that makes any woman feel pretty.

The formula hits the nail on the point, just like any Super Lustrous Creme lipstick. It lasts for around 2-3 hours on me with some light snacking and drinking, and leaves a slight stain. It does not dry out my lips but I like to slick on some lip balm just to make my lips feel a little more moisturized.

I will repurchase and recommend this lipstick - no doubts about that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by valmont32677

I bought into the Audrey Hepburn hype, & broke down, & bought this. It's very classy. It's a soft pink, makes me look very glam! It's not got much peach nor nude/brown on me, just creamy cool type pale pink. This is seriously matte but very creamy on. No noticable scent/odor/perfumes. It doesn't dry out my lips too badly & doesn't settle into the fine lines, but I put on Carmex b4 I shower & let that sink in whilst l am batheing as a prep (every day not just for this lippie.). This looks more scary in the tube than "on," but it's versatile coz u can put it on straight from the tube for full on or you can dab your ring finger or take a brush & get some product onto it & lightly coat ur lips, but I apply it straight from the tube myself personally most of the time. I liked the comment below about "ladies who lunch" ....well that and "Bridge Club" (just joking tongue in cheek!). You can rock this lipstick if you wear a timeless glam outfit & makeup. I hate to say I almost get a Snooki-like vibe from this coz it's really similar to KA'OIR Snooklicious lipstick, but a little more muted, similar color thou same color family/vein. I love how glam I feel in this lipstick, it's glam-to-go in a tube! If you are feeling sad & need a little DS "treat"/pick-me-up run do not walk to a drugstore or bigbox retailer & get a tube! Remember, the best revenge is looking good!! Pair this w a sleek ponty tail, black liquid eyeliner, & flawless skin....wear cute ballet flats & skinny pants, anything w a retro vibe! Optional accessories: raincoat with wet cat. :) this lipstick is gonna go down in Revlon history as did Cheeries In The Snow, Love That Pink, & Toast Of New York, I sincerely hope it doesn't get deep sixxed like Deep Nude! A timeless classic homage to American glamour. Chanel may have haute French couture but Revlon does American DS chic! :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Key89

The reason, I bought It, is because Her name. This pink one of my daily lipstick. The colour is natural for Me and suitable for my skin. But I must use lipbalm first before apply this Pink. btw if you want to know what's lipstick colour for you, You can try lipstick when you don't have any make on your face. hHehe I know this tips from somewhere I belong and works for Me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Nudeish almost Barbie pink with a slight peachy coral tone. Neutral, good for most skin tones. Has that 60s opaque beachy look to it. Not sheer at all. No shimmer which is nice.

The review that called it a ballet slipper pink is correct.

On my lips, which are dry, a bit flaky with age lines it behaves fairly well. Won't travel into lip lines BUT does accentuate flaky patches. I fix that with a quick coat of Revlon super lustrous lip gloss in Super Natural which is another creamy nude pink & goes perfectly on top.

I don't have trouble with it drying my lips and it lasts. Even with gloss on top. I like it when I'm in a 60s mood channeling Audrey or Jackie. Really lights up my skin, especially wearing when navy or grey.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Pink in the Afternoon is a beautiful pinky/coral. It is the perfect pink shade in my opinion! It is the kind of shade you can quickly put on in a rush and you know you'll still look good.
HOWEVER, I find the formula of this lipstick is difficult to work with. It goes on creamy but then 20 mins later, it turns extremely matte and makes my lips flaky & dry. I haven't got dry lips so I don't know if anyone else has this issue? It is such a let down as I love the shade.

Would I repurchase? Hmmm, if it was discounted or on sale but I regret paying full price. I would recommend testing this lipstick before buying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The varying descriptions and pictures of this color have long intrigued me. The drugstore was having a sale, so...

Anyway, this is a rather ugly color if applied straight from the tube. It's a dry-looking bright salmon pink that, due to the creamy formula and high pigmentation, will highlight any dryness on your lips and clump up in the little lines. It can be more wearable if you thin it out with some balm or gloss or blot the heck out of it. And make sure your lips are exfoliated and smooth!

I have dark hair, light, yellow-toned skin with olive undertones, and pigmented, plummy-pink lips. "Pink in the Afternoon" is more intense and maybe more cool-toned on me than some of the pictures above. But this lipstick is a bit of a chameleon. In cool light, it looks sort of Malibu Grandma and isn't too flattering on me. In warmer light, it appears to be a light, clean, yellow-based coral pink that almost looks good (just like the flash/no flash picture). It swatches warm on white paper, so I don't know what's going on \_(ツ)_/

I do have to admit that I was surprised at the price. ~$8 seems like a lot for a drugstore lipstick, but I guess it's been a long time since I've bought any Revlon. Probably won't repurchase. Lipstick is one of those things where you have to immediately love the color and what it does for your face. If you put it on and go, meh, like I did with Pink in the Afternoon, then it's probably not for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

I love this color! 'Pink in the Afternoon' is a classic ballet slipper pink .... if you know what I mean. It's a slightly peached pink. But not coral. It is not cotton candy pink, rose pink or little girls bedroom pink either.

If you took little girls bedroom pink and added a little bit of peach and a tiny bit of nude beige (just enough to warm it up a bit, but not enough to make it a peachy-pink or nude-pink) ..... then you've got 'Pink in the Afternoon'. It's a beautiful classic color.

One thing about this lippy though ..... since it is a creme, it does nothing to hide wrinkles or dry spots on lips. It does not add wrinkles or dryness, but unlike a pearl or shimmer lipstick which will cause light to bounce off the shimmers and do a bit of camouflage for you, this will not. So I always apply a clear base first before this lipstick. Any clear moisture ... chapstick, lip balm, lip primer, whatever ...... will do. I use 'MyChelle Lip Plumping Treatment'. So lips look smooth, plump and lovely! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by melissalovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up this product at big lots and for the price I just couldn't say no. Normally $7.99 at CVS, I got it for just $2.00! I've definitely found that big lots carries a lot of drugstore makeup (maybelline, revlon, covergirl, etc.) at a cheaper price and I reccommend that you check it out if you have a store near you. So back to the lipstick - this is the perfect shade. I cannot tell you how long I've been looking for a pink color that wasnt too "barbie pink." It's ALMOST like a "my lips but better" color but it still has that hint of pink that makes it just come close. The formula of this lipstick is super creamy, keeping in mind that I use a lip balm or a lip butter underneath all of my lipsticks (to keep from creasing, drying or flaking up.) The only thing that I didn't really love about the product is one part of the packaging - which really isn't a big deal. When you open the lipstick it's in a black case but then it has a gold casing too. The gold casing is shiny and "mirror" like so fingerprints and any lipstick that gets on it just smears all over. I would've prefered more of a matte metal but hey, I payed $2.00 for the product. I really can't complain! To be honest, if I had to replace this product and pay $7.99 - I probably would. Check big lots first though! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by sallyb123456

love it gorgeous texture and colour. does not dry lips. I find it similar to my mac cremesheen fanfare. just very slightly less pigmented but more smooth application and better texture.