October 24, 2014 | 1730 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Ashes to Ashes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I originally wanted MAC satin taupe but I felt like exploring another line instead. This is my first NARS single shadow and I'm happy to say I have a hit on my hands. A nice complex dusty plum/taupe/gray that doesn't look ashy on my lids (nc45 for reference). I applied it using my ring finger instead of using my shadow brush and its sheer so it allows you to build up without getting cakey. This will definitely work by itself and with other shades to create a great eye look. Looking forward to collecting more shades from NARS.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I firts tried Ashes to AShes YEARS ago when a NARS SA in NYC picked it for me. Even pigment and good color payoff - neautral brownish taupe with a bit of a purpley-greay cast to it. (Hope that makes sense) and very wearable for a green eyed gal. Expensive - as all NARS tend to be,

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by goldensnitch

BEAUTIFUL. The color payoff is sheer but build-able without being cakey. Very velvety and easy to blend, the color looks amazing on brown eyes, but i'm positive it will look great with any eye color. A ashy, grey-lavender shade with subtle shimmer and no sparkle. Absolutely no fall out or fading, which i adore because i can wear it to class, then go to my sports, come home and have it still look great. And, very importantly, the packaging is the best I've ever seen. Rubbery and sleek, so no cracking or cluttering! I can toss it in my bag and i wont have to worry about breaking it. I do wish they would display the name of the color or show the shade on the packaging. I have multiple, and it makes it a bit difficult to find the one you want. Soooo recommend, it's a little pricey, but you won't regret it. (same goes for all of their shadows-this ones just my favorite)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's good not great but good. I've been so obsessed with my UD Naked pallete I forget I have this unless I put it out on display. It's my first "single" NARS shadow. I have only had duo eye shadow in Elsa and blushes Orgasm and Deep Throat (both twice)..It's a good I can run to when I just need a staple. I've never been disappointed in NARS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

I used this years ago and I'm so glad I bought it again. The colour is very well crafted greyish taupe with purple undertones. None of those colours lead as they are mixed so beautifully. The sheen keeps it from being too flat and heavy but it is not in anyway glittery. When I wear this my blue eyes are the focus not the shadow. Looks best with a cool brown liner or black.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Suzanne941

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Goes on sheer on me and maybe I'm just cheap but it bothers me they don't throw in an applicator like Chanel or Dior. On me, the kicker is it's an exact dupe of Wet 'n Wild's Color Icon in Nutty! got that in Walgreen's for 99 cents and cannot tell the difference between it and the Nars. I actually think the WnW wears slightly better, even over primer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by pinkdot121424

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! The color is so beautiful and it has great pigmentation. My brush picks up the product easily and it spreads great across my lid. NARS always has amazing packaging so props to that. I recommend all of NARS eyeshadows :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow is great! It is finely milled with no fallout which makes it feel silky smooth. The color is a mix between grey, brown and purple. Very nice quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by untakenname1000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Amazing color! I wear this in the crease with MAC shroom on the lid, simple fast and amazing. I bought this as a replacement for MAC le Botanical es and I think I like ashes to ashes better! Blends effortlessly, love the packaging! I will def repurchase. Bravo NARS!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This and UD heist are my go-to shadows. I LOVE this color it is a beautiful taupe-greyish purple color as others have mentioned. It makes my brown eyes pop. Have gotten many compliments on this eye shadow. I used to wear it over NARS corfu cream shadow with smudged black eyeliner. This really brought out my eye color, but unfortunately corfu creases like crazy. I've switched to wearing Benefit Birthday Suit cream shadow with Ashes to Ashes on top and smudged black eyeliner. This doesn't crease and is very pretty. I think wearing a cream shadow underneath really brings out the true color of ashes to ashes rather than just wearing it alone. When I'm short on time, I reach for ashes to ashes and my eyes stand out.