December 21, 2014 | 1805 users online

Treatments (Face) - Darphin - Rose Aromatic Care

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's very hydrating and doesn't irritate sensitive skin or makes it breakout, but I don't like the smell so I'm using the tangerine and the Jasmine oils instead that also are hydrating and nourishing but smell better.
On the positive side, this is one of the cheaper aromatic oils that darphin has and if you mix it with your moisturiser and gives it an extra "kick".

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by fazli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As with all my new products I first try on half of my face for 1-2 weeks.

Most of products and oils cause me acne, so it is expected. It did cause some acne, some clogged pores, but not too bad.

What I am disappointed is that I can't see any positive effects. Actually pores look more enlarged, there is more redness, and no improvement whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I only use this oil by itself as my evening treatment during the winter time and on my oily/combo skin I wake up the next morning with clear glowing skin. My skin tends to get really dry during the colder months so this is a nice addition in my regime. My skin just sucks it right up without leaving acne in its wake. I'm currently working with deluxe size samples so I can't imagine buying full size anytime soon as a little bit of oil goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this product in the evenings after washing my face. I love the feeling of applying the oil. It's really not greasy (it seems to be a drier oil) and it absorbs in right away. Most nights I don't even apply any cream on top of it. It makes my dry/dehydrated skin feel comfortable (takes away the tight feeling I get from washing) and when I wake up in the morning, my skin feels soft. It also hasn't caused me to have any breakouts, which was an initial concern for me as my skin is getting more acne prone with age. I was also worried at first that I would use up the little bottle very fast, but you really only need a few drops, so I have a feeling this product will end up lasting for a long time. I definitely plan to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by jchoi128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have combination skin that is dry and tight around the forehead and the cheek area. I have only tried two different types of face oils - 1) Darphin Rose Aromatic Care, 2) Bobbi Brown Extra Face Oil. Darphin is twice as expensive as the Bobbi Brown because of the size of the bottle. The price is about the same whereas Darphin is only 15ml and Bobbi Brown is 30ml. You get a better deal for the Bobbi Brown Oil. However, there are specific differences in the two oil. Darphin rose aromatic oil is very light and you can tell during the application that it spreads on your skin easily (hence the 'light oil') but Bobbi Brown oil tends to have a more thicker/heavier consistency which isn't easy to apply evenly and distribute in a very very thin layer. You can still do it, it just isn't as easy as applying the Darphin rose aromatic care. So it seems like to me that I'm using less product when using Darphin and more when using Bobbi Brown. I like the smell of both oils but Darphin smells more flowery (like a rose) and Bobbi Brown oil smells more aromatherapy-like.

How I apply this oil: After I wash my face, I use a toner to wipe off any excess dirt and cleanser that may be left on the face and then mist my face using a facial mist (Avene, Evian, Shu Uemura facial mist, MAC mineralized charged water, etc). Before the mist dries off completely, I apply this oil on my face evenly with my fingertips and lightly massage it into my skin and patting it in. The oil gets absorbed into the skin with the facial mist which helps for more faster absorption I believe. Wait 3-5 minutes. Then I apply my moisturizer on top - you don't need to use a lot; A LOT LESS than you would wear just a moisturizer alone because you've already got the face oil and the mist locking in the moisture. This method seems to work perfectly for me, giving me a glowing, hydrated skin after application and the next morning.

Personally, If I had to choose between the bobbi brown oil vs darphin rose aromatic care, I would choose the darphin. Simply because I really like the light texture and consistency of the oil. Despite the pricey aspect of this item, I really have nothing bad to say because it really is a good face oil worth it's money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Idanics

I've been using this product on and off for a few years, particularly in the drier, winter months. I have dehydrated, acne-prone skin and very few products work to moisturize my skin without causing me to breakout - this is one of the few products that work well for me. Usually I use this on its own in the evening and it absorbs well and leaves my skin very soft.

Lately, however, after returning from living in the tropics to a dry and cold winter, my skin has become very dry breaking out a lot - I found this oil around and started using it again, both in the morning and evening after and before my toner and moisturizer and my skin has improved immensely and my breakouts have healed.

I highly recommend the rose aromatic care despite the fact that the packaging isn't great and it is expensive, but it lasts a long time. I usually try to stock up when I'm in the UK (or if someone I know is going) since it's much cheaper in Europe.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 7:07:00 AM More reviews by ultravee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This moisturizes well. I sometimes apply just this oil in the evening without my regular moisturizer and wake up to smooth and fresh feeling skin. It sinks into the skin quite fast and doesn't leave a greasy film. I see many reviewers complained about the smell but ever since Darphin started working with organic oils the smell changed as well and is now much more pleasant (at least to me).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by jritsoncandler

I will begin by admitting that as an employee of another Estee Lauder brand, I did purchase this and 8 Flower Nectar at a considerable staff discount (by which I mean I have stockpiled two of each!).

However, as someone who has very much gotten into essential oil serums of late, this is objectively superb. The Rose Aromatic Care is advised for use a night time product but due to the ability of essential oils to penetrate deep into the skin, deeper than most 'man-made' molecules and due to the fact I use but 3 drops on a skin damped with a spritz of Avene, I use it as my serum morning and night. It is incredibly light and clean feeling on the skin and doesn't leave a residue, only radiance. I agree with previous reviewers who have commented that it doesn't smell as heavenly as one might imagine a rose essential oil product would. However it's not unpleasant and the ingredients list more than makes up for it. It contains not only rose essential oil but rosehip too. This is wonderful as it naturally will contain some form of natural retinol by virtue of the rosehip as well as providing a slight antioxidant capacity. Moreover, as someone who is acne prone and using the topical retinoid Differin at the moment, I have noticed that the Rose Care contains both geranium and St. Thomas bay essential oils too. These are both present in Decleor's Aromessence Ylang Ylang as balancing ingredients.
So what with the emollient and healing properties of rose, rosehip, sweet almond and evening primrose oils alongside the balancing geranium and St. Thomas Bay, I am very impressed.

By way of comparison; if oily skin, as in a true excess of surface sebum, is your concern then the Decleor Ylang Ylang probably remains your best bet. However if you require balance, hydration and radiance, particularly if using retinol/retinoids for anti-aging or anti acne purposes, I would recommend the Rose Aromatic Care as a pure and effective serum underneath a lightweight hydrating moisturiser (I'm currently using the new Dr. Hauschka Melissa Day Cream but Darphin's Hydraskin Essential is lovely too).

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by vickypollard

This is a nice oil for soothing and hydrating the skin. My skin always feels great in the morning after sleeping with this on overnight. The smell isn't great, you can smell the roses but there are other olis in this that must be mixing with the rose. I like this better than the chamomile oil, it seems to absorb better, maybe I'm just imagining it. Rose is soothing too so the chamomile isn't necessary for me. I like this Rose oil, but nothing beats the 8-Flower Nectar. That is the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by lovekee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this product, after first use, next morning wake up feel my skin is refreshed and radiant!! very happy with this oil!! been using it for about a month now, still love it!! only one thing because its in a small container, i feel its going very quickly... finished half bottle already...