October 31, 2014 | 1595 users online

Fragrances - Frederic Malle - Une Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by happycanary

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nearly finished my first bottle of this, and it is as intoxicating as when I first smelled it. I purchased this when I was looking for something dark, mysterious, and perhaps a little dangerous, and Une Rose does not disappoint! Based on reviews it seems to vary somewhat based on body chemistry. On me it reminds me of a blood red rose, not just the flowers, but the green cut stems, earth and all. Brooding, complex and beautiful. Rose notes are stronger when first applied then fade slightly after a few minutes and the woodiness becomes more noticeable. Definitely not for everyone, I can imagine, but I do love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Aimbl

After decades of intense distaste for all rose soliflores and most rose blends, I have been converted. This is fabulous. It is my reference rose. Originally I owned it in the first Frederic malle 10 ml coffret assortment edition. Now a full bottle. I am also considering the body butter. Addictive, to me the earthy quality that others describe, makes me think of slightly bitter walnuts. I don't know why I think that, but it makes me smile. It's not as sharp as a rose soliflore, more nuanced, distinct wine and honey rose accords, rounded, harmonious. It's an artists olfactory masterpiece depicting rose from rich soil.

It also jump started my interest in other rose fragrances and caused me to purchase portrait of a lady (more cedar than rose, definitely unisex); Guerlains nahema extrait (fruity, decadent, acquired taste) and l'arte di gucci (sweeter than une rose, but not gourmand rose chypre) edp. (All very different roses, so these are not alternatives to une rose) .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by fergiefergie

Have been wanting to try this one for years. Ordered samplesfrom Aedes, and this was one of them. Let me preface this review by saying that my skin devours fragrance and that i thought I liked rose fragrances, but it turns out that I like rose fragrances mixed with other scents, especially violets. In addition, I do not like patchouli. The only fragrance in my perfume wardrobe that has patchouli is Opium, which has very little of it mixed with many other notes. This one is not for me. But Paris, La Rose de Rosine, and Lipstick Rose, oh, yes ma'am.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by LyrA236

A dark rose, a boozy rose, a gothic rose. A rose just starting to brown around the edges. Autumnal. A bit of melancholy hangs in its dry-down. And it lasts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by singwritenow

This is a vivid, sumptuous, earthy rose, a deep and compelling fragrance that lingers. Think vintage Hollywood glamor juxtaposed with an edgy modern rock band. There are so many excellent descriptions of this fragrance from other reviewers and I will chime in with them to rave about this earthy, sensual, unique rose fragrance!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Profunda

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The most intense,euphoriant,realistic and voluptuous rose ever. For me,this is like being drunk on champagne with Mr Darcy in the rose garden at Pemberley under a full moon.I never thought I'd ever have another "signature scent" but this could be it-and I've had more compliments on it than anything else I've worn in the last fifteen years.My cup runneth over.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

Une Rose is just fabulous....a real but also fantasy type rose that comes out of the bottle blooming and heaving . It's sultry and definitely all rose on me - a deep dark red red. It really does not get better than this. The wine dregs ,the truffles and earth are all very very subtle on my skin. It's just all about that big fat petalled rose- one that does not wither or die. Wonderful . I am not a huge rose perfume lover but this and Fleurs de Bulgarie by Creed are the exceptions.
Longevity is exceptional. One spray and you are done for the day and possible the night till the next morning.
EDIT: Why is it so hard to find the 100 ml bottle online now ? Barney's only has 50 ml bottles. The only place online you can purchase the 100 ml bottle is from the official Frederic Malle site.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by CobraRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As a rose-lover, I had such high hopes for this one that I kept re-testing it, even though the results are always the same. The rose is only a top note on me, leaving an ill-balanced blend of mud and stale wine. It's as if someone threw their wine glass into a withered rose garden on a wet autumn day, as a self-pitying dramatic gesture.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Labello

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is amazing! I went to smell this in a dept store a few weeks ago and the salesman sprayed me heavily with this. I was completely overwhelmed by the scent, but at the same time it lingered on my jacket for days and two people asked me the next day what smelled so good. It has haunted me ever since and i caved in and bought it yesterday. This smell is intoxicating. Like someone described in their review below it is like a dangerous toxic man you cant get away from and cant stop thinking about. This is how this fragrance is. To me it is fresh and citrusy and also deep and ambery at the same time. On me this lasts and lasts .... I think this might become my signature fragrance. I agree with some reviewers below that it might not be appropriate for the workplace, but used lightly i think its ok, unless you work in a very corporate and conservative office. simply divine and unusual.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by mel0603

I got a sample of this fragrance at Barney's. It is absolutely beautiful! It smells like a red rose that is alive. The dry down is more of an amber, earthy scent with the idea of the red rose behind it. Very classy and sophisticated. I hope this one is never discontinued.