July 23, 2014 | 1258 users online

Fragrances - Frederic Malle - Une Rose

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by LyrA236

A dark rose, a boozy rose, a gothic rose. A rose just starting to brown around the edges. Autumnal. A bit of melancholy hangs in its dry-down. And it lasts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by singwritenow

This is a vivid, sumptuous, earthy rose, a deep and compelling fragrance that lingers. Think vintage Hollywood glamor juxtaposed with an edgy modern rock band. There are so many excellent descriptions of this fragrance from other reviewers and I will chime in with them to rave about this earthy, sensual, unique rose fragrance!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Profunda

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The most intense,euphoriant,realistic and voluptuous rose ever. For me,this is like being drunk on champagne with Mr Darcy in the rose garden at Pemberley under a full moon.I never thought I'd ever have another "signature scent" but this could be it-and I've had more compliments on it than anything else I've worn in the last fifteen years.My cup runneth over.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

Une Rose is just fabulous....a real but also fantasy type rose that comes out of the bottle blooming and heaving . It's sultry and definitely all rose on me - a deep dark red red. It really does not get better than this. The wine dregs ,the truffles and earth are all very very subtle on my skin. It's just all about that big fat petalled rose- one that does not wither or die. Wonderful . I am not a huge rose perfume lover but this and Fleurs de Bulgarie by Creed are the exceptions.
Longevity is exceptional. One spray and you are done for the day and possible the night till the next morning.
EDIT: Why is it so hard to find the 100 ml bottle online now ? Barney's only has 50 ml bottles. The only place online you can purchase the 100 ml bottle is from the official Frederic Malle site.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by CobraRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As a rose-lover, I had such high hopes for this one that I kept re-testing it, even though the results are always the same. The rose is only a top note on me, leaving an ill-balanced blend of mud and stale wine. It's as if someone threw their wine glass into a withered rose garden on a wet autumn day, as a self-pitying dramatic gesture.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Labello

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is amazing! I went to smell this in a dept store a few weeks ago and the salesman sprayed me heavily with this. I was completely overwhelmed by the scent, but at the same time it lingered on my jacket for days and two people asked me the next day what smelled so good. It has haunted me ever since and i caved in and bought it yesterday. This smell is intoxicating. Like someone described in their review below it is like a dangerous toxic man you cant get away from and cant stop thinking about. This is how this fragrance is. To me it is fresh and citrusy and also deep and ambery at the same time. On me this lasts and lasts .... I think this might become my signature fragrance. I agree with some reviewers below that it might not be appropriate for the workplace, but used lightly i think its ok, unless you work in a very corporate and conservative office. simply divine and unusual.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by mel0603

I got a sample of this fragrance at Barney's. It is absolutely beautiful! It smells like a red rose that is alive. The dry down is more of an amber, earthy scent with the idea of the red rose behind it. Very classy and sophisticated. I hope this one is never discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by awesomeness2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a stunningly beautiful fragrance.

I enjoy the transparent woody roses that pervade the market today, and I think Une Rose (One Rose) is among the best. However, for the price, I'm not so sure it's worth the purchase. I prefer my roses a little more complex, like Guerlain Nahema, or a little dirty, like Agent Provocateur. Une Rose is just a bit too clean, too prim, too perfect for me to love.

If you like roses, want to smell like roses, or just one rose, definitely try this ... provided you're willing to shell out $200 for 50ml in the US (Barneys). If you don't like to drop that kind of cash, pick up Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose or Demeter's Vintage Naturals Rosebush, layer it with something a bit woody, and just pretend.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by nlutes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have fallen head over heels for this perfume and broke down and recently purchased it. It's stunningly beautiful.

I've never been a rose-lover, and, despite owning a fair amount of fragrance, this is my first rose. As many others have said, it's not your typical rose. It's a darker, more interesting rose that is beautiful, sensual, and unique.

The top notes are decidedly rose, but it never veers into too-sweet or too-powdery rose. Then on me, a bit of geranium and honey kick in, and the rose begins to deepen. During the dry-down there is a mossy, dirty, wet-earth truffle accord. Despite the deepening of the fragrance, the rose is never too far away and resurfaces from time to time, reminding you of what a stunning fragrance it is.

This might have converted me to rose frags...

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by MsMokum1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading a gazillion rave reviews on various perfume blogs, I decided I had to try this! I ordered a sample and for me, this was a real scrubber. It must be what others refer to as "truffle" or earthy notes, or else it's the castoreum, but it had some disgusting undertone that reminded me of stinky body odor with a tinge of urine! I waited a month and tried it again. Same experience. This was over a year ago. I ended up giving it away to a friend who did like it. UGH! I'm afraid to ever try anything by Frederic Malle again.