April 17, 2014 | 948 users online

Cleansers - Vichy - Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Danni15

I've been using this every night for a little over a year and I definitely love it. It does a great job at cleansing the skin while treating my acne prone skin. It does however, dry my skin out a little, especially in the winter,but I just use a serum and then my moisturiser on top to combat the dryness. Overall I think Vichy does a great job at making products that aren't too harsh so that people with sensitive skin can use them without having to worry.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by kaicg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin where the T-zone is extremely oily (especially my forehead, it's terrible!), but the outside of my face tends to be on the dryer side. The product manages the oilyness and blemishes without aggravating the dryness. My skin tends to adjust to products quickly so I alternate between this and La Roche Posay's Effaclar cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Angelistic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product during my teens and 20's and it is a good cleanser. It does not dry your skin. However, I think my skin got used to this cleanser over time, hence I switch back and forth to La Roche and Vichy gel cleansers.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by volcaniclungs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this with the Vichy Normaderm Promat Hydratant, and Anti-Imperfection Concentrate. This hasn't really done anything. It cleans my face, but it doesn't play a big role in clearing up my acne on my combination skin. I use it in the morning, and before I go to bed. It doesn't tingle, and I like how it's foamy. Just be sure to not scrub your face too much/for too long because that can be irritating. Overall, it's decent. It's just a regular cleanser to me. Nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Adsiome

I am a big fan of this as well as the whole Vichy Normaderm range.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by pukeycow

I have cystic adult acne, and this was the only cleansing product that actually help my skin clear up (used with benzaclin). Because of it's effectiveness, I have been using this product since 2008.

Pros:
- it foams up, so this will actually wash away the dirt and the oil
- non scented
- not over drying

Cons:
- expensive, $20 CAD for the 200 mL bottle
- does not wash off eye makeup, need to use eye makeup remover first

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by tsandler

this is an ok cleanser, I purchased one, I prefer la roche posay effaclar. Overall OK

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by CaseyNL

I have a sensitive acne skin. This cleanser was to harsh for me. It left me skin very dry and I got break outs from it. I dont recommened buying this product if you have a sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Michthom2522

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin with a very oily t-zone and large pores/blackheads. I have tried lots of cleansers, and prior to this had been using a Glycolic-based cleanser for 20+ years. This has Glycolic +Salycylic acids in it. It has done wonders for my skin. I use it with my Clarisonic 2x day, and my blackheads are kept at bay and my skin is soft and clean. For those not getting results or considering purchasing - one, this is for very oily skin. I wouldn't say just acne-prone because you can have dry skin that is acne- prone, and this would make it worse. It's definitely only for oily-very oily skin types. Second, this has sulfates in it. If you are allergic to them, beware of this. Im incredibly sensitive to them on my scalp, but haven't had any issues on my face. This doesn't mean that others won't have a reaction to it. Overall, I love this product and it's my GoTo cleanser now,

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Overload

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have oily, acne prone skin that has been struggling with acne for a while. I switched to the entire Vichy Normaderm skincare and have already used up three bottles of this stuff.

I used to use a light Clarins (Eclat du Jour) cleanser, that was way too light for me to get rid of all my make-up and clean my skin. This Vichy cleanser is a lot stronger, and I do feel that it cleans my skin well but doesn't leave it completely stripped off. When I use this and dry my skin, it feels a little squeeky clean, but not uncomfortably. When I clean my skin with this cleanser and then use toner, my toner pad/cotton ball is always grey and never brown, which hopefully means there is only dead skin cells on there and no make-up.

I never use this to get rid of my make-up (I wear concealer and foundation) AND clean my skin, but I use a simple gel cleanser to get rid of my make-up and then use this to clean my skin. In the morning I use it once to clean my skin, in the evening I use it twice because I wear a lot of foundation and have noticed that if I don't clean my skin properly it breaks me out.

This cleanser contains (2 % I believe) salicylic acid. I always thought it was nonsense to use cleansers with active ingredients, but my dermatologist told me salicylic acid in cleansers is effective and can definitely help with break outs and acne.

In terms of my own acne, I think the entire Normaderm range is helping me batteling acne, so if you have acne-prone skin this might help. I think my acne is getting less and less since I have been using this line, and if I ever switch skincare lines I think I would still use this cleanser because it is so effective. Out of the entire Normaderm line, I think this cleanser and the Hydrating Day Care are the best, though I also use the toner that also contains salicylic acid and also works for me.

I would recommend this to combination to oily and oily skin, but it is more for people who are a bit on the oilier side, I think. Though it is not a harsh cleanser, so it wouldn't wreck havoc on combination skin. It is a very simple, but effective cleanser in handy packaging (I have a pump bottle) and it is not too expensive in my opinion.