November 27, 2014 | 1749 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Retractable Powder Brush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I bought this because it's so handy and was pretty cheap. I use it for applying powder and specifically bronzer. I bought the Dior bronzer for contouring my jawline because I liked the effect the SA produced in the store. However when I tried reproducing it at home, this brush did not make it happen. The kabuki brush that came along with the bronzer worked much better but does not have a cover which makes it a bit irritating to use. I can only gather that the Sephora brush is better for loose powders.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I thought it would be a good brush for travel- you can easily throw it in your purse for powder/blush application throughout the day. However, the big problem with this brush is the shedding and scratchiness. When I first bought it, it was soft, but after a couple of washes, it becomes very uncomfortable to use, and it only gets worse as time goes on. Skip this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by meghanadriana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it looks really cute and easy to travel with hence i bought it
but it sheds like crazy and the worst part is it absolutely stinks!
i have no idea how to describe the stench but its really bad
plus the bristles are really coarse against the skin
it's now rotting in a corner of my cupboard never to be used again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush was soft when I bought it, but now it feels very coarse. It also looses a lot of hairs. And it picks up way too much powder!! I rub it in the powder and it picks up so much that it looks like a mask when applied - even tapping off the excess doesn't help. I tried using it for blush but had the same clown-like result. I normally love Sephora brushes but this one is really bad. UPDATE: I washed this brush and it became rather soft again, but it is losing hairs like crazy since.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by doORdye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this brush a lot. I had started out carrying it in my purse with my small sized BE Mineral Veil to use for touch ups and it works great for me for that purpose. Recently I started using it to apply my Colorescience pressed minerals and it works GREAT. I love the fact that it's retractable and I can carry it in my purse. I have not had any problems with sheding or anything like that. I've been using it for a month or two now and have not washed it yet, so I haven't seen any difference in softness. I'll update later if there are any changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by qwerty_x3

This brush isn't bad at all for that cheap, so I bought two of them. I use it for blush and bronzer. The brush is so soft, even though I've had it for awhile. Just don't be too rough with it. My bronzer brush was just way too bulky and it ruined my new bronzer, so I decided to try it out with this. Not too bad. My blush goes on nicely, too. I'll repurchase whenever the softness is gone

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2008 11:16:00 PM More reviews by mmcmu005

I bought this brush offline for 10 dollars from sephora. I really just wanted a retractable brush since my BE brushes get all out of wack when I travel. I don't recommend this brush, unless you just want a cheap brush (price wise). It's larger than some retractable's I've seen and some of the hairs seem to get caught in the sleeve. The application was also not very good :(. I will be returning this brush along with an eye shadow to sephora to get the too faced retractable kabuki!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlsmakegraves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely, (initially) soft retractable brush that is too dense to apply blush, and thus left to its main function - loose or pressed powder. I find this brush to be sufficient, but not quite bumping $5 CAD drugstore retractable brushes out of the running for best travel brushes...
It doesn't quite hold up to washings and I've found it has really lost its softness. Hairs continually break or shed and it takes regular washing to maintain it, even if I don't even USE IT between said washings. Takes more upkeep than my hair! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Exotichris

I'M so LUCKY!!
I got it on sale at just $9.50 !!!! It is soft, nice design, very sleek. I love it. NOTE: that the black one is not on sale, but the silver one is.
It doesn't shed ... but I will be very careful when washing it. Great for my purse.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Laurf113

Very convenient but it broke and the brush comes out of the case completely. I superglued it back in and it seems to be ok. I also find that after you wash Sephora brushes they never really regain their original shape. I will look for another travel brush before rebuying this one.