December 19, 2014 | 1560 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Single Eye Shadow - Iced Mocha

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

Honestly, this is nothing special. It has average lasting power and the texture is a bit soft (therefore more fallout). However, the most disappointing thing for me is the colour pigmentation. I was expecting something a bit more dark and cool toned, but instead on my nc20 skin, it is a very light, almost warm, shimmering brown.

I own the shade Herb by NYX as well, and that one is much more pigmented. Hopefully I only got a dud, since most people have overall positive reviews.

P.S. I own Mac's Satin Taupe, and they are not dupes, since their undertones are completely different. ST is more purpley, while this shade is a brown colour (from my experience). It didn't make much of a dent in my wallet, but it is still disappointing, especially since I had high expectations. Props to NYX though for being animal-friendly! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

Very creamy and beautiful! Love this eyeshadow. It does not have a lot of fall out and lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by jillybelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like all NYX powder eye shadows, I don't find this to be particularly great quality. As others noted, it is very powdery and blends away quickly.

Having said that, it is a beautiful everyday color with enough sheen to be flattering but not shiny or glittery. Very fair skin tones may find this to be a little dark. The price is also right.

All things considered, I would buy this again. A great primer is a must if you want to get any wear out of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually got this as an exchange after being let down by the other Nyx's I purchased. This was the last one and once I bought it, I swatched it next to the stores tester and it did come out differently. That's an issue since it caused me to think I would like some colors more yet they came out much worse in the package. (New formula? What's going on?) At any rate, this is still nice enough. Darker than the tester, shimmery but not as much, and not glittery thank god. I basically am trying to replace that natural brown pink smokey look that I got from Revlon Colorstay Mineral Eyeshadow. It's a little too tame but we'll see how it fares.

Update: Been using this a lot more and I like it. It's a nice smokey color without being TOO brown or too black/grey. Warm toned. Nice compliment on me. I've since bought more neutrals so idk if I'll need to get it again but def been using it a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

i like this color
has good color payoff but is just too powdery
plus mine shattered by just dropping it in the sink
will not buy any nyx shadow singles again

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by totallylove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use Iced Mocha as my eyeshadow base - it works great swept all over the lid under dark smokey shadows! I don't really like how it looks alone - I have yellow undertones so browns can make me look a little sickly, but it works great under every dark shadow I've used. It also helps with shadows that tend to crease (even those that crease with primer). Can't beat the price and quality of NYX shadows!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by DFcupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shadow is just ok. It is verrrry powdery, so be prepared to clean up your under eye area. As much will land there as on your lid. The color is pretty, although it doent have the purple tones of satin taupe, which it is compared to. If you need a neutral, inexpensive gray/brown frosty shadow, this will do if you're patient enough to build the color and clean up the fall out. If you have the money to spend a better quality shadow, I'd recommend passing on this one.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first NYX shadow and I am very impressed with the quality. It goes on smoothly, not chalky, and is buildable. I am constantly on the hunt for the perfect taupe. This one has a little sheen to it to give dimension, but it is still daytime- and work-appropriate, as well as age-appropriate for me (late 40s). I also appreciate the compact packaging. For $4.99, I will definitely be getting more colors of this brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by agomez10

I only knocked one off of packaging because the clear part of lid broke.. but you can super glue it carefully. I love the color of this.. very pretty goldish brown... last all day.. the color in packaging doesn't even show how beautiful this color really is. I LOVE IT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by iluvMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like to pair this with Stila's Kitten eyeshadow. This is a great eyeshadow and I'm sure i'll be buying more after I use up the one I have.