Lancome Colour Dose - Serenity

on 7/27/2005 1:55:00 AM

Gosh i love this color! It looks like MACs Fresh Creme Eye Kohl!! its like a vanilla color with a hint of gold shimmer! it is LE so i already have my backup if i ever run out. I cannot rave enough for this color. I use it as a base for many of my looks and i always use it under my MAC vanilla pigment. You have to locate it and buy it!
*UPDATE 9/6* this is a tad bit lighter version of MACs Base Light paint, though some ppl probably couldnt tell the difference. I prefer Lancome better since it is waterproof.

on 5/25/2005 3:18:00 PM

I added this recently to my Colour Dose collection. This is a very pale gold color that works well as a base for other colors. I can also see just wearing it alone with perhaps a very vibrant eyeliner. It seems to just brighten up your lid without adding a lot of color.

on 11/18/2004 12:47:00 PM

RAVE for Serenity. I am a fan of Color Doses in general, because I find the staying power just as good as my beloved MAC Paints and use them as an eyeshadow base. This color goes on sheer but leaves a slight light gold shimmer behind. It's the perfect base because it doesn't change the color of shadows, just makes them look more luminous. If MAC Stilife was a little too intense for you, then give this one a try. I am going to stock up on this, seriously! The packaging ain't great but it can't be helped, really.

on 9/1/2004 2:53:00 AM

I love Lancome's Colour Dose products. One of my favorite cream shadows. They are cream to powder and truly budge-proof. Serenity is a shimmery pale light yellow gold color, a gorgeous wash. A little goes a long way with Colour Dose so the tubes last a while. I use my Paula Dorf taklon eye primer brush to apply this as a wash or my finger if I want a heavier application.

on 3/19/2004 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

omg, i can't believe no ones reviewed this color!!! this is the most georgous sheer white gold champagne color, perfect base

on 3/19/2004 11:15:00 PM

Serenity is a neutral to cool toned, light vanilla gold. Whereas Sable Trinidad is a darker yellow gold (warm tone), this is much paler, almost a white gold. I use it as a wash all over to just have the most gorgeous angelic, glowing eyes. Can also be used as a highlighter on the lids.

I really enjoy these waterproof cream eye shadows in metal tubes. I can see how some would not like them, but I take care to squeeze from the end just what I need ( a tiny bit a little goes a long way) and I have not had a problem with product burp.

They apply like a dream, and once set last all day without creasing, which is wonderful as I have oily lids.