November 27, 2014 | 941 users online

Sunscreen - Kanebo - Freshel White C, UV day protector spf 35+++

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a bunch of sunscreens western and asian. I find that asian sunscreens are actually better for oily skin. Unfortunately, I dont read japanese so I have NO IDEA what the ingredients are. This is slightly white tinted. Has a milkier heavier texture than other asian sunscreens - thicker - more lotiony compared to ALLIE and SOFINA. But still A LOT Thinner than european sunscreens. I also found it slightly greasier on application than other asian sunscreens. It leaves a slight white cast on my MAC NC25 skin but it fades considerably and with blush is wearable (still there though). But the best part is that it dries to a super matte finish - so matte that even on my super oily large pored skin after some hours - it actually causes slight flaking. - which I prefer to an oil slick - YAY for flaking! I would buy it again - but its comparable to sofina and allie which I prefer more because it has a higher SPF - even though this is ALOT cheaper than the other 2 by a long shot...

Also I was able to wear a Vitamin c serum and another antixidant lotion under this as well. Good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2005 9:48:00 AM More reviews by cowgirldownunder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This looks slightly tinted but once applied disapears into my fair skin leaving it hydrated and comfortable the entire day. It has a light fluid texture, not thick oily or sticky like other sunscreens. As a bonus this doubles as an excellent make up primer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2005 7:54:00 PM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far, so good. I can't tell how effective and long-wearing the sunscreen is, but I hope it works this summer. It doesn't leave a whitish cast -- it seems to sheer out and magically disappear into my skin. Then again, I look like Casper the Friendly Ghost right now, so I could see how this might not work for darker skinned people. The bottle is teeny tiny (only 30mL) but since the consistency is so thin, I seem to use less than I do with other sunscreens. I *love* that this has a high spf.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2005 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Andreangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this but this broke me out bad :( :(.

Maybe it was just the batch I got, it was new packaged from ebay from a seller in Hongkong. Anyhow the oil in it broke me out and I have to use an ample amount of my HG acne cream for 2 weeks now to clear it up :(.

I like the way it is packaged and it looked on my skin too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2004 5:41:00 AM More reviews by reismione

excellent sun screen but i would prefer it 2 b non-tinted. no break-outs fr using tis either. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2004 3:43:00 AM More reviews by jaimmie

Like most Asian sunscreens, this has a great, runny texture which is a dream to apply. However, I didn't like how my face felt after putting this on, plus it's a tinted sunscreen, which isn't really for me, as I prefer untinted ones. Would be good for those who want a very light textured, tinted sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2004 3:47:00 AM More reviews by nikkybaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this light, lotion-like sunscreen. You need very little and the it dries to a nice smooth finish. It's beige so doesn't leave that ghastly white cast on my face and doesn't break out my oily, acne prone skin. Comes in the signature light blue container of the Freshel White C line and goes nicely with it's sister products. I've had less skin irritations, pimples and blackheads since I started using the entire line a year ago.