October 20, 2014 | 973 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Soap

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ivory soap smells nice and clean but it is very drying so I don't use it anymore on my skin, even in the shower. But - I love it as a stain remover for my laundry! I just wet the bar, rub it on the stained spots, leave for a bit, then wash as usual. Works great every time and better (and also cheaper) than the spray stain removers out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by lulubai5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this soap. I used it as a child always.
The problem is that it is very drying. It crumbles apart easily and I find it leaves terrible soap scum in the bathroom. It does have a very fresh clean scent though.
I must go back to my fave Dove for sensitive skin.
Even my kids and hubby asked for our regular soap again!
We did use the rest to blow up in the microwave (saw a link on fun experiments for kids!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this soap. For bday and face. Gets off grime, fresh smelling, gentle in winter and great value.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Holyskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was never too sure about soap but always sort of liked the idea of it. With soap-free cleansers, I'd always wash my face twice, but with soap, once is definitely enough. In my quest to find the perfect cleanser for face and/or body, I had amassed a small collection of various soaps. After doing some thinking, some researching, and some experimenting, I decided I thought that soap was a good idea for me. I think really that I prefer a French-milled soap, but I have been using the various soaps in my collection to save a little money and to just give them a chance since I've developed a degree of certainty that I want to use soap for my face and body. I like Ivory. I like its history and all the vintage commercials for it on YouTube. I find Ivory to be mild and very effective. It leaves my skin feeling clean and soft, and I really think it helps to alleviate blemishes. I'd just advise to take it easy with it. Don't scrub too roughly with a waschloth or Clarisonic if you're using Ivory, too, and washing my face once to twice daily with Ivory is plenty. Soap and water has to be the most basic way of cleansing the skin and one which took me far too long to discover that I liked. I mean, a lot of people say that soap is just way too drying, but then, you see those Ivory girls in the old commercials, and they just look so happy and beautiful.

*Please see my review for Crabtree & Evelyn's triple-milled, goat-milk soap.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by llemusd202

amazing gentle soap that leaves a clean feeling

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by NatGavran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ivory soap is great for getting rid of acne, just follow up with a good moisturizer like keihls ultra facial cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

For YEARS now, this has been and will be the only soap I will ever use. I steer clear of heavily scented body washes and the like and have found that my skin only responds well to this soap. I have very sensitive skin and eczema and Ivory has been a life saver for me. The scent is heavenly -- simple, pleasing and very clean. It's very gentle to my skin and doesn't irritate my random eczema patches when they decide to appear. It rinses off clean and doesn't leave behind that slimy, oily residue that other soaps such as Dove seem to have. It also doesn't leave my skin tight and dry (which Irish Spring used to do). Quite simply put, this is the best soap out there and its inexpensive price makes it perfect. I will use this forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

The best. There is no harmful ingredients. It got a good rating on the skin deep data base. It does an excellent job removing makeup. a lot of pepple don't know that the ingredients in other cleansers causes aging, cancer, allergies 0_0. it also does a great job removing carpet stains. THis stuff is really great

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by leemitchell

Best soap. Period. I use it on my body and face, and I have clean and clear skin all over. I've tried so many expensive soaps, body washes, etc., and this little white bar of soap is easily the best.

If you find that it's too drying for your skin, then follow up with lotion. Ivory is NOT moisturizing! So, I always use lotion all over after I shower. My skin has never been happier!

Also, it's around $4 for a pack of 10 where I am, and that lasts at least 6 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy trying different types of soap, but I always find myself back at the supermarket purchasing this product, esp. when I'm having an allergic reaction or just need a break from too many perfumes and scents. This is a 10/10 for me and a definite repurchase.