April 18, 2014 | 1480 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very long lasting foundation. But even if it is very watery, it is not really that invisible on the skin. Quite the opposite: It looks like Macīs Face and Body, but whereas Face and Body is truly invisible, if you have lines - you need to be careful with this one. I use this one in the summer as it doesn't go anywhere after hours, and it has a good coverage (as opposite to Face and Body)... I put only one layer and sheer it out extremely well under my eyes. It is matt, and it looks powdery if you put too much or more than one layer. I wouldn't recommend it to older woman unless you really put a thin layer... I sometimes wonder if women who write reviews here, look at their skin in a day light or a car mirror... In a dark bathroom with artificial light many foundations look beautiful....

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by narinja

I am very sad to leave a negative review because it was one of my favorute products for years. I have melasma,so I need good sun protection plus coverage and it provided both, but today I recieved my new order, why the ingredients are sooooo different????
Before there was Titanium dioxide 13.9 % but now it is just 4.1 %. No Other active ingredients. How can SPF be the same as before as it is marked SPF 42 and there is no PA++ on the package as before. THere is no term of use or production date to know how long I can use it. Feel very disappointed especially for the low Titanium dioxade %, I don 't understand how it can be like this:(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

So I really like Shiseido's Stick Sun Protection foundation, and have been very curious about this liquid version. Shiseido is phasing out these colors (sp10-60), and introducing new colors that have actual names, so that should make color selection a lot easier. I purchased the last "sp10" they had (the new colors have "fair beige" as the lightest color, but they didn't have any in stock yet as they are literally brand new colors and they had just gotten in the testers that day, so I just bought the sp10).

I like this foundation a lot. It is very liquidy and you have to shake it well before each use, but the finish is gorgeous. It has great coverage and a beautiful satin finish. I apply it by dotting it on my face and then buffing it in with my Sigma F82 brush. It's quick and easy, and the finish looks airbrushed. Then of course I set with powder. The coverage and satiny finish are really so pretty. For having such high spf and such an ugly blue bottle, the foundation itself is really beautiful.

I'd say the color sp10 is like an nc/nw15-20. But since they are phasing in new colors, that probably doesn't matter all that much.

I'll definitely purchase again, and will most likely go with the lightest new shade (fair beige) and will update on that color when that time comes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by AwkwardPenguin

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG! It has great coverage, I'd say a medium. The finish is amazing, it looks like my skin but better and feels sooooo light on my face, it's like I'm not wearing anything. I wouldn't say the staying power is as amazing as everyone makes it seem though... but that is comparing it to ELDW which stays on until you work to take it off, and it's def not water resistant. It does last long enough for normal wears though. I make sure to shake the heck out of it before using, and I apply with my fingers, it's such a watery foundation any other method of applying just soaks up too much product. The shades are a bit tricky though, I couldn't find an absolute perfect match but I found one that works well enough that when i blend a bit more in to my neck it seems to be perfect. I will absolutely keep repurchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Dis8ged

Pros: - long-lasting. I wore it for about 12 hours and there was still a lot of it to be removed - does not oxidize. Cons: - poor colour selection (I guess because it's soon to be discontinued) - sheer coverage. Even with 2 layers. - shine breaks through in 3-4 hours Did not try out its waterproof qualities though. Overall I would say that this foundation is only meant for people with nothing to cover, and have normal, non-oily skin. But for its price, it should be better than this. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by ProductvilleAdmin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

PSA: Product was recently reformulated.

Newly reformulated, this full-coverage, liquid foundation leaves a flawless, transfer-resistant, dewy and luminous finish that lasts for hours. Resistant against water and oil. PABA-free.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by MissD79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product and I recommend to a lot of my clients. What's not to love??? I use this foundation for the beach, any physical sport and the SPF last!! I get coverage and protection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Convex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So I've been on the hunt for a foundation with a decent SPF that doesn't irritate my incredibly sensitive rosacea skin. It has been no small task. I`ve tried dozens of brands, from drugstore to high end with no luck; something was always wrong. I was using Clinique until recently, but their products always seemed to go orange on my NC15 skin, which is a no-no for me since I have to fight with the rosacea pinkness anyway. You can only color correct so much. That being said, this has it all. Their lightest shade is as close to perfection that I've gotten of late (Colorstay in Buff was my favorite color match but I hated making it work on my combo skin, especially when trying to add sunscreen). The finish is gorgeous. Not exactly dewy, but definitely not matte either. It gives a nice glow, with no dreaded white cast often attributed to high SPF foundations. I have not broken out once, and I am a few weeks into regular application, so I could definitely give this a sensitive skin seal of approval. Lasts an 8 hour shift at a physically intensive job, with maybe just a powdered nose touch up if I go out after. Worth every penny, especially as I use it daily and don't even feel close to finished with my first bottle. Another note is that it has a ball in it to make mixing easier (like in nail polish), and I love it. Never had separation /color distribution problems. Will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I originally tried this foundation out in sp70 in a sample which I loved but the colour was too dark. I then looked online on reviews so decided to purchase sp50.... How wrong was I with the colour??!!! It was way too pale and just made me look grey. The foundation however gives great coverage if u build it up and is pretty long lasting. Just a shame about the colours!!! :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by SparkleAndGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVED this foundation. It gives such a beautiful matte perfection complection. The color range isn't the best. But if your fair skin, this is for you. I wore it all through summer and believe it or not. .I'm a every day makeup wearer & this tiny bottle seriously lasted me before, during and after summer. I'm rating it a 4 because maybe its just me but I believe my skin became immune to this foundation because eventually it didn't last as long before it starts to oil and wear off as it did in the beginning. So I didn't repurchase but I will in the future.