July 25, 2014 | 1018 users online

Powder - Estee Lauder - Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by at77339

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Expensive and didn't last long enough for me. I got translucent to set over cc cream and mufe matte velvet +, Estée Lauder double wear light and none of them last more than 2-3 hrs. And my face was a yucky mess, with other powder my nose was just shiny but somehow with this one everything sink in the pores and blotchy....I don't know. Back it goes!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this powder with my double wear foundation. I liked it to set my foundation. It kept my oily skin somewhat in control. But I don't see a huge difference when I don't wear it so I returned it. Plus its too expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Didn't like this product at all! Sadly after using this for sometime my skin started to breakout and really hurt! I am now treating cystic acne that I believe was caused by this. Will not purchase another Estee Lauder product bar Lipliner in fig!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful packaging, beautiful color match but an absolute fail at controlling oil. If they were to rectify this problem, I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase. In the meantime, I'll use my Ben Nye Mojave Pressed powder. It's barebones (no mirror, boring packaging) but it rocks at controlling oil and matches my skin tone perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by av77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE THIS POWDER! I wear it with the Double Wear Camouflage Foundation, and this stuff STAYS ON! It's very light, has light to medium coverage. Doesn't cake. Doesn't break me out, and I have EXTREMELY sensitive, acne prone skin. I've been in 100 degree Texas heat, riding horses in this stuff, and it didnt budge! Love this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by amandawise88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have extremely oily skin. With using primer and oil free moisturizer, it made my oil worst. The brown didn't fit my undertone well either, made me look taupe/corpse brown.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by samthemoose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Extremely drying and didn't even control oil like at all

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by beachsexybronze

I have been using this pressed powder since 1998! A true HG! A must for oily skin gals!!

I use color Light/Medium and it lasts all day! Does not look cakey, gives a great matte finish! I will always use this as long as they keep selling it. MY HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by sandrag

I am not sure how many of these I have purchased but I LOVE this product. I have probably purchased around 5 to 6. This powder does not get cakey, shimmery or anything. Can be used for touchups throughout the day without looking cakey which is a huge thing for me.

I don't normally buy alot of Estee Lauder products but this one I cannot live without.

I normally buy the transparent. I really, really like this product. Great matte powder which does not accentuate any lines. It is not cheap but lasts a VERY long time. Six months or more sometimes. I only use this for touchups during the day but cannot say how great this is.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Indigomama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Strange enough, I've nearly missed this product though I am in constant search for a nice setting powder which will also control oil. It only came to my interest when I saw it with a discount and blind-ordered it in 02 Light/Medium hoping that it will deliver what it claims. I could have well missed it at all and remained unhappy.
Both came true: I like the color, it's good for my Dior 020 skin, 'cause I am not that pale to try 01 Light (or 1st grades) and definitely not tan enough for a 03 Medium (3rd grades in high-end foundations). I am somewhere in between, this color is a good match and settles to invisible coverage soon enough though shows upon application.
It also controls sebum. It goes on very flat (more gross than just matte) if applied with a sponge enclosed, but if applied with a large kabuki brush settles almost to perfection and doesn't feel dry. My complexion is quite choosy, while it neads a good sebum control, excess oil control results in immediate tinging sensation which I hate. If applied as recommended it will not emphasize those wrinkles you might be worried about at 40+.
My only gripe apart from the package which is not comfortable to use and doesn't look any luxe, as other reviewers mentioned, might be lack of SPF whatsoever. Not that it is an issue to me, I anyway use high SPF Korean BB creams as tinted moisturisers, but someone with better or just younger skin than mine would have benefited from SPF added, if worn alone.
Already booked for repurchase, might want to stock a couple with a good shelf life period to not get worried about sebum control anymore.