August 28, 2014 | 1171 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Parfait - Complexion Enhancer in Apricot 4

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you are on the lookout for a tube of magical cream containing air brushing and soft focus pore minimising and line blurring capabilities this 30ml pale apricot cream contained in a glimmery white tube is what you will be needing in your life...

A little bit goes a long way, the pale apricot cream blends effortlessly into your skin and becomes colourless, pores are minimised and lines softly blurred. Gives a beautiful base for make-up to glide easily over the top. I'm not sure on the hours of longevity with this product for making make-up last but I do think that it helps. I will repurchase this when Iv'e used up my primers I just wish it wasn't so expensive and that strawberry.net still had it available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Dear Terry (Gunzburg),

Before there was Smashbox with its fancy silicone, before there was L'Oreal color correctors or Benefit That Gal... there was this unassuming tube of skin heaven. I send this love letter to you as you were in charge at YSL when this wonderous product was created. Leave it to a french woman, coming from a culture known for its low key approach to cosmetics, to develop a product that mimics the way your skin was a healthy & vibrant 10 year old. I do understand that you've made your name on flashier products, but this one is, for me, the penultimate of great skin. I fell in love with it over 5 years ago when I was living in Paris, and have gone through numerous tubes since. I don't know a French woman who doesn't have one in her kit.

Just how did you manage to capture a "peaches & cream" complexion in a bottle? Unicorn wings? Magic fairy dust? When I wear this, I am always complimented on how "fresh" I look, like I just came back from a holiday. Granted, I am a skincare fanatic, so I can't place all of the praise onto your feet, but Teint Parfait in Apricot just adds that lovely je ne sais quoi known as a "soft focus" glow without being white, pearly, obviously shimmery. I love the fact that my skin just looks so soft, pores minimized, lines slightly diffused. There is no coverage, but that's what concealer is for. And it plays well with my myriad of hippie skincare. Plus the tube is perfect for traveling unlike other well known enhancers (cough cough I'm looking at you blanc de Chanel). I had no need of this when I was under 30 but now that I'm well past that, I appreciate every last drop.

I know there are so many flashier products out there now, but YSL please don't discontinue this. There is absolutely nothing on the market that compares to this.
Thank you from one of your biggest fans.

ps I had been using a sample of the bobbi brown BB cream, then came back to this. Then decided to use up the sample. WOW! My skin looked just so flat, so lifeless, so...bleh when I compared the two. Yes, 2 different products with 2 different usage occasions, but believe me I'm not straying again.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 7:00:00 AM More reviews by alisaned

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not quite sure about this one as I haven't tried too many primers before. I loved it for the 'priming' it did - I could see my skin looked smoother after applying it and make up goes on a lot easier and evenly. However, as far as being a complexion enhancer, I'm not completely sold. It didn't seem to change my complexion at all. I think this colour is a little light on me, whereas #5 was a bit too dark - made me look dirty as it has a bit of a beigey base and I'm yellowy. I found mixing the 2 together gave me the best results.
So I'm going to keep looking to see if I can find a better primer/tinted moisturiser and if not, then I'll repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do not use this as a primer but as a tinted moistriser.

I do not know what this product does but I just look better with it. I look fresher and healthier. It somehow improves my complexion. Also my make-up holds better.

It smells perfumey and glides on very well. I like this product and will very likely repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

This isn't a primer for me so much as a pick-me-up to help give me a glow and even out my skin tone. It doesn't assist with making my foundation go on more smoothly or last longer. Based on the reviews, I was expecting too much, I think - this doesn't do anything other products haven't done much better. (Armani Fluid Sheers, I'm looking at you.) Perhaps this works its magic only on drier skins, and the effect is lost on my combo skin. But its benefits (a slight glow and freshness) last only briefly before helping turn my foundation shiny.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Cranberrybabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't really know what this tube does to my face, but I receive compliments concerning my complection when I wear it.
Obviously it gives me a healthy, fresh skincolour, though it's almost transparent and you can't see it on the skin.
It also makes my skin smoother. I use it after mousturiser following with loose powder.
And I definitely like it more than Givenchy ActiMine (though I can''t really compare a green moisturising base and a peach complexion enhancer).
I guess I'll buy it again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by rjez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another lemming purchase. I decided that I needed this (or Givenchy Acti Mine base). I've tried several (all department store) brands of makeup base and maybe my expectations are unrealistic.

PROs:
Apply and wait a couple of minutes. Yes, my skin does seem a little smoother.
Makeup did seem to go on a tiny bit smoother.

CONs:
Didn't notice any "complexion enhancement".
Didn't notice my foundation lasting longer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by xjslx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i decided to purchase this product almost a year ago based on the reviews on MUA, and after i first got it, i used it on 2-3 times a week basis for a month or two... and then i decided to stop b/c it wasn't really doing all too much to the finished look after my makeup routine... and the dewy quality of the product ended up making my skin look oilier after a few hours. i just ended up ignoring this tube in my makeup cabinet... it's a 80% full tube just sitting there for the last year... what a pity since i was soooo excited to get it at first, and it was pretty costly, echoing that of most other MUA'ers...

if you have more of a stable skin or dry skin, maybe this is a good product for you... i have oily skin, so i didn't really prefer it in the end...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by vainandshallow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know what it is about this stuff. I'm convinced it makes me look better. I get compliments when I wear it, which just furthers my delusions that this ridiculously expensive tube of miracle unguents makes my skin look good. I also like putting it on. There's something about the fresh cucumbery smell that gives me a little burst of hope. Yeah, that's what it is...an expensive tube of hope.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 8:24:00 AM More reviews by chirakat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's just ok. It's not bad and not that good either. I don't see any difference. I look blotchy before and I look blotchy after. When I powder over it, I look better. But it's the powder that does it, not this thing. I can use moisturizer and powder and I will look just the same. I bought it because of its good review. I really shouldn't have.