October 23, 2014 | 1558 users online

Skincare - Face - MD Formulations - Glycare Acne Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product actually has two places you can review it on MA - but just to put things straight: This product is called, by it's full name, MD formulations Glycare Skin Perfecting Gel, known as Perfecting Gel. It's clear and translucent in texture, but still feels like a gel. I uploaded a picture of the product too, just to make sure everyone knows what it looks like...

And why, oh why does people think this is a freaking "all over face serum?". This is a strong product ladies and gentlemen, and using it the wrong way can worsen your skin. It is an exfoliating, renewing gel meant to be used on SMALL problem areas, like directly on a pimple or over a breakout. Do not use this all over your face, do that and you will end up with a dry and sore skin. If you need something that works all over the face to knock out blackheads, then turn to the Continuos renewal serum by the same brand.

Now that we have that settled (hehehe), let me get to the performance of this product: I have used it since my skin started breaking out, and it has never failed me. During PMS or the week of the month, I always end up with pimples. Always! Some big, some small, but after dabbing a tiny, tiny bit on this directly on the impurities, they completely disappear or become visibly smaller during the night. Amazing, isn't it? You can hardly tell it's there by using it correctly, but let me tell you: it does its job.

But remember: MD formulations is a high end product, and to get the full effect, you NEED to match it with another high end product. You can cleanse your face with MD formulations, use the gel and the serum, but it you combine it with a moisturizer from Nivea or another cheap brand you won't get the full experience. If you think this product sucks, then read how to use it properly and buy a moisturizer from Decléor, priori or matis, and you will see a difference in your skin. It's expensive to stock up on high end skin products as you use it day and night, but isn't your skin worth it?

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading the wonderful reviews both here and on other sites, but unfortunately it did not work for me at all. Every time I applied it I woke up to more and more spots. Thinking this was an initial breakout I persisted for about 2 months and ended up with a complete mess of dry skin and pimples decorating my face. However, when mixed with a little body lotion it does seem to be diminishing the KP bumps on the backs of my arms. I would definitely not repurchase solely for this purpose, though. Very disappointing.

UPDATE 10/1/2014: I've started using this again after a nasty breakout and found that it works very well as a spot treatment on new cysts!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by calgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for 5 years. It is the best product ever- curing my acne and now keeping my wrinkles at bay. I love this product and have used many products but always come back to md formulation glycare. I tried other md products but I think this product i the best of them all. Just use a moisturizer during the day to battle any dryness from this product. I use it nightly and never had any side effects.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by pikushii

I bought this a little over a week ago. I used to have breakouts pretty much all over my face, but especially on my chin and forehead. At first I thought it was a waste, because I didn't see much difference except for brighter skin. But then now, after two weeks of using it I am completely cleared up! I've got beautiful healthy skin now. I really recommend this product. I have normal skin with a dry surface, and surprisingly enough it has not been a problem with my dry skin, it hasn't dried it out or anything. that might be because I'm also combining it with a good moisturizer though. I really love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2009 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Zanmei

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know how much this product costs in the US. I bought it at a ridiculously high price in Istanbul, but it was every bit worth it. I travel a lot and my skin goes from oily combination (in Canada - home country) to itchy and dry (North Iraq - where I live and work)... This gel works wonders for me. I noticed that some reviewers don't like the fact that it doesn't work well under make up, but I am more concerned about how the acne treatments affect the skin around the break out. Other acne treatments I have used caused the skin around my pimples to become dry and flaky. This gel seems to dry out the pimples in a much shorter time frame and didn't seem to affect the skin around my break out so adversely. It seems to work for men as well as my partner is now also hooked on this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by OutOfLine

I was sick of having nasty skin.... so after my monthly facial (which is a must for all acne fighters) I was complaining to my facialist how my skin looked great for like a week after my facial... but soon got nasty she recommended a acne fighting kit by MD formulations.
I bought this acne kit that came with 3 products. This cleanser, a acne treatment gel, and a moisturizing spray.
__________________________________________________________
The products together made my skin clearer and more radiant then it had been in a while, but did not completely remove all my acne and impurities. I found it really prevented me from getting new acne also
__________________________________________________________
This gel can ony be applied if you arent going to wear makeup. Because of its consistancy, when it dries, like most acne fighting gels it comes off in like rubber balls if you try to rub product over it (thats why this kit came with a spray on moisturizer) so I sujest you put moisturizer on before this gel.
___________________________________________________________
This gel works best when used with other MD formulations products... I recommend this to people with mild acne.... not with skin like mine!
___________________________________________________________
But this packaging sucks!! Whenever I take off the lid the product comes squirting out because it is pretty thin in consistancy... therfore I waste really expensive product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by madeleineocnr

This stuff is amazing! The last few months I have had really bad break outs along my hair line, after using this for about two weeks I am completely cleared up. It does not go on too well under moisturizer as it tends to peel off a bit, but now that my acne has gone down I use it at night only with great results. This is the only thing that has ever worked on my pimples, it's even helping to fade some of my acne scars.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2007 2:34:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect toner for oily conjested skin. I only use this 1-2 times a week at night because it can be drying but its definitely not too harsh enough to peel skin. Its effective very concentrated stuff. I would buy again it. Only use this in hotter time of the year, I dont recommend it for winter time at all. Not made for sensitive, acne, dry, combination skin types, thats probably why some people dont like it, but for oily skin I feel that this is really good stuff, and reduces pores).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2004 1:21:00 AM More reviews by MsSuzan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Doesn't live up to its reviews here, my breakout becomes worst than before. Very disappointed. Doesn't do anything to my existing acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2004 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Mznuttabutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a most excellent acne fighter. I love that it contains only the necessary active ingredients (BHA and AHA) along with some preservatives. No funny ingredients to clog my pores, just the good stuff. My acne was so BAD that I didnt want to leave the house, nor did I want to wait 6 months for Differin and Retin A to "start working". I needed something quick, and effective that would stop the breakouts in its tracks. I picked this up from Sephora after reading the positive reviews, went home and slathered it all over my face. The next morning my zits had flattened and over the next week-I stopped breaking out completely. I also want to mention that this is a clear, fast absorbing gel that can be worn day or night and underneath makeup. Dont be scared of the alcohol, its a good delivery system for the acids. Update: I am now on my second tube and its become my holy grail.