July 23, 2014 | 1252 users online

Treatments (Face) - Aveda - Balancing Infusion for Oily/Acne

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Received in a swap as an extra and it's a great acne treatment. I use it for an occasional breakout and spot treatment. It brought down the inflamation and redness dramatically; and took the pain & sting out immediately! Great stuff ... even better than what I thought was my HG spot acne treatment of Burt's Bee's Blemish Stick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2006 4:31:00 PM More reviews by lirial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a gift while I was battling hormonal acne during my first pregnancy. Though it didn't speed the healing, this really soothes irritated/reactive skin and helps calm the pain and redness. I love mixing this with a mask, or applying directly to the skin before bed. Also, the container is child-proof, which is great with a toddler in the house!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2006 6:56:00 PM More reviews by chaneladdict

I really like this product, my skin has been oily and suffering from breakouts in the summer heat but a couple of drops of this in my moisturiser has worked absolute wonders. I also add it into my weekly deep cleansing mas as well, such a versatile product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2006 5:03:00 AM More reviews by skinnut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bought this to battle a recent bout of blemishes. Didn't help it any and the smell was too much for me once I had it on my face. It stung my face the second night I used it - had to wash it off a few minutes after application. The smell is not terrible, just too much for me once I applied it on my face. It comes in a small tinted bottle. My chin, nose and cheeks had flaking skin and very dry after only after 1.5 days of using this - my blemishes looked untouched. I'm giving it 2 lippies because I believe it could work for others - it just isn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2005 12:26:00 AM More reviews by parablearc

Although I'd agree reluctantly with others, I have to say this product's pretty good. It did help clear my blemishes but dried out my skin around the mouth area a lot, a lot. Perhaps because I used this with Peter Thomas Roth's BHA cleanser... I wouldn't recommend to people who have sensitive and oily skin. Try it if you have really severe acne and need something to get rid of bacteria. I read some where jojoba oil in this product has anti-bacterial effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2005 11:03:00 AM More reviews by lolita84

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this every other night after cleansing and toning. I use about 3 drops on a cotton pad and use it all over my face. In the morning my skin is very soft and blemishes are noticeably reduced. I use it to combat the dryness and irritation I get from my BP med.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2005 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Gemma_Louise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING!! I bought this less than a week ago after reading about it here and I can't believe the difference this has made to my skin. It is expensive, but I don't mind paying when a product gives results. Besides you literally need one drop added to your cleanser or moisturiser so it should last for some time. Personally I add this to my moisturiser as I like to leave it on my skin to really work. I've also been dabbing it directly onto any blemishes and by the next morning they've pretty much vanished. It also smells really nice which is a bonus. This has become an essential of mine already and I will definitely be repurchasing. I have so much more confidence now and will happily go out without a scrap of makeup as my skin just feels fantastic!

UPDATE: Unfortunately the positive effects of this were short lived. After a few weeks my skin seemed to get used to the product and it stopped working on me. I don't understand why this happens, but its a real shame. I've taken 2 lippies off, as it may work for others even though it hasn't worked for me. I'm now trying Sisley's Tropical Resins range which is good so far. Just hope my skin doesn't become 'immune' to that too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2005 8:34:00 PM More reviews by ch33tah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my secret weapon against pimples!!! I've been using it for about 2 years now, and would never go to any thing else. I will put two drops in my moisturizer every time I apply it. Also adding a few drops to any face mask I use. If I get any big red evil pimples I will spot treat them with this amazing syerum and by morning the big evil pimple is pretty much gone and almost back to normal colour! If the said pimple gets squeezed, the Balancing Infusion is applied by a q-tip right away and in less than 24 hours, the pimple is no longer red. Does not over dry the skin, no flaking or redness. Helps prevent scaring as well. I paid about $35 for one bottle, and it lasts me about 3-4 months. The scent is fresh and natural (better than many 'zit creams' on the market with benzol peroxide... that stuff stinks!) and best of all, it's a clear liquid, so it does not leave any marking on the skin so it can be applied and worn in public. ;] Best acne treatment EVER. I recommend it to everyone I know who has any issues with pimples.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2005 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product it really works, but as I'm almost done w/ the bottle it isn't working anymore, I dont know if my skin got immune to it, or an ingrediant in the product is gettig in-active from opening it so much. But I will buy a new one and see how it works.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2004 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Samanthafox

This stuff is one of my secret weapons. It works on the smaller pimples really well.. I also use it to disinfect after I've squeezed. It's all natural, so it's pretty gentle. It is an oil, so when a pimple is healing it helps saturate any dead dry skin, and helps it roll of sooned than usual. (the salicylic acid helps with that, too.) If I've picked a pimple, and gotten a scar, I'll apply this several times a day, and it'll heal quickly.