July 22, 2014 | 1405 users online

Sunscreen - Boots - Soltan

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I grew up with this stuff and it is amazing. It doesn't have the lovely Malibu coconut smell that I love but it does provide excellent sun protection and there is such a wide variety available - very water proof, once, insect repellent etc. I love that this has full UVA protection. You can usually find this on offer.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own the Soltan Sunscreen Spray for Head and Hair. It leaves my hair and scalp shiny and oily. Definitely not using it again! I'm still on my hunt for a great scalp sunscreen that won't leave me looking like an oil slick.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by maddddie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use SPF50 in both the Soltan 'Invisible' spray on my body and the 'Active' Ultra Resistance twist-up stick on my face and for re-applications throughout the day - no chance of spillage in my bag.

They provide great protection against burning: the difference made is really noticeable when you forget to apply it, and are lobster-red after a whole five minutes of sun exposure. Soltan products are non-comedogenic, and don't just sit on your skin and make it sticky or slimy; they really sink in and moisturise the skin, leaving only a slight sheen.

I have noticed no ill-effects as a result of using these products, and as they are usually on sale you can buy two products for as little as 11, which is great value. As they provide both UVA and B protection, you'd have trouble finding another sunscreen as effective in the same price range. A year-round must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by jellybaby21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG sunscreen as I love that it has 5 star UVA ratings as well as SPF coverage. I use their face sunscreen everyday and their all over ones too. I am very pale and burn easily and these sunscreens absorb easily and my make-up goes on beautifully after application.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by wiresinhisheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

this sunscreen does make my skin shinier than usual. in the winter months this is really obvious and looks horrible, so i have to blot my skin throughout the day. in the warmer / summer months it doesnt really bother me as much, since most peoples skin does get a bit shiny when its warmer outside.
so far i have not experienced any blocked pores or acne breakouts due to the sunscreen.
the sunscreen is slightly tinted and gives my skin a healthy glow, and leaves no "white cast" as a lot of sunscreens with a high SPF tend to.

EDIT: this gave me terrible spots all over my face and blocked my pores, i will not use it again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by alisonmidd

I like that these suncreams are usually on BOGOF offers, all the time nearly! so they are really cheap, and you don't mind slathering loads on, plus they've now started to do a version with a coconut scent which is much nicer than the original! The only thing I dislike (although its a personal preferance) is they aren't that nicely packaged! I like pretty packaging when on the beach so tend to go for more expensive brands! However, the sun protection from soltan works just as well as that from other brands and the application is smooth with no nasty white buildup. Their range of different spf's is also impressive, being very fair skinned it can be difficult for me to find spf's high enough that don't bring me out in a rash, which I have also never experienced with soltan.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by HesterB

My HG sunscreen lotion - excellent UVA/UVB protection, gorgeous summery smell, sinks in quickly so you can get dressed almost immediately, nearly always BOGOF so cheap enough to slather on generously, which is surely the point of suncream. I've never found it greasy, and my skin always feels much better during the summer, as a result of its good moisturising qualities. I'm very PPP with red hair so I stick to the Factor 30, and use the Soltan or No7 facial sunscreen on my face and neck - also excellent value for money.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by KikiLaRoux

Really like the fact that Soltan prods block both UVA and UVB rays, and that they come in a really good variety of SPFs and applications, however, i HATE the smell, and for that reason i wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2006 5:29:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Boots have just brought out a Soltan spray in SPFs 4,15, and 30. its seems quite watery in the bottle and sprays easily, even bending down to do legs. its more like a spray oil but doesn't feel too oily. its quick to use , easy to rub in and has a pleasant smell.
I just got two bottles as they did them BOGOF .
as a result I use it a lot more than the lotion I used to have. I had been looking for a spray but had only seen high factor ones for children. this is just what I've been looking for. I think it was about 7 or 8 but Boots often do offers. The bottle is quite see through which enables you to see how much is left but will let the sunlight in.
Boots Soltan facial defense in SPF30 and 50 are also excellent. I tried the superdrug version (only when Boots sold out)but they aren't half as good. the factor 50 is light, smells gorgeous and doesn't leave a white caste. will always repurchase. always on buy one get one free early in the season. shame they only seem to do 50ml tubes although handy to have in several places. (i don't tend to leave in the car due to them being overheated)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2005 8:35:00 PM More reviews by txt_eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Well I didn't burn!

I tend to buy other nicer suntans (in the sale) but I was in a rush so grabbed this- it works well enough but is nothing fancy