October 24, 2014 | 1749 users online

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ingredients:

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 8:14:00 AM More reviews by codydan85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely smell of roses but apart from that too thick and greasy, quite hard to rub in too. Also 50mls of this does not last long if you have to re apply every two hours. The container isn't very user friendly as its quite hard to get the sunscreen out once you have used alot.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2005 5:13:00 PM More reviews by mjaumjau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The scent is a bit strong right after youíve applied the sunscreen, but fades after a while. The cream is on the thick side - more like a day cream than a traditional sunscreen - but itís easy to distribute in the face and it feels moisturising. Downside is, you have to wait for quite a while before applying makeup, and even after it has settled, I have a white cast and am slightly greasy. Itís not horrible, but I wish it would be a bit less greasy and white. However, I still find it a great sunblock. Iím very photosensitive and even react to fluorescent light, but this keeps my skin completely protected. Havenít noticed any breakouts from this, despite that Iíve worn it for several months.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2005 10:42:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Okay, I know I should wait longer before writing a review for this, but I'll make some initial observations and update in a few weeks. I got this in a swap since meroxyl (which this has) hasn't been FDA approved and is thus unavailable in the US (sooo stupid). Meroxyl is supposed to do a better job of blocking those awful wrinkle-causing UVA rays than titanium dioxide or zinc oxide or any of the usual suspects. (Imagine my dismay when I read about UVA on the skincare boards!) So now I'm in the middle of tracking down a great meroxyl- (or tinosorb-) containing sunscreen. This is the first one I'm testing in my quest.

This comes in a small, upside-down squeeze bottle. The cream is more like a thick lotion. The scent--which seemed to bother some people--was IMO rather light and sweet and not at all unpleasant. Feels thick and heavy upon initial application (that usual sunscreen feeling) and there's definitely a distinctive white-ish cast for a little while. Takes a while to absorb, too. I have combo. skin that tends to be very oily in the warmer months so I'm always trying to mattify my T-zone. This, unfortunately, makes me look pretty shiny. But that can be taken care of with a liberal dusting of powder. Then, I look normal.

Will report back in a little while re: shine factor, possible break-outs, effectiveness, etc.

This still makes me pretty shiny, but some powder usually takes care of that. Plus, it hasn't broken me out, and it stood up pretty well when I wore it at the beach the other day. I got a little color--but I was lazy about reapplying--but didn't get burned or anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2005 1:07:00 PM More reviews by MJlove

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The sunscreen is in a hard tube making it hard to dispense the sunscreen. The scent is strong, but doesn't bother me. I bought this on a cruise, and use it all the time now that I am back in the US. It is very water resistant and has great protection quailties since it contals Meroxyl. Which is not available in the US. Did not make my face break out either. Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2004 10:56:00 AM More reviews by msp12

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes, the fragrance in this Lancome sunscreen is indeed strong. However, since I like tropical, tiare-like smells, and good sun protection, this sunscreen was right up my alley. I purchased this sunscreen over the summer, but I have only started using now that I am back in the US. My combination/dry skin loves the moisturising properties of this sunscreen, but I admit that the fragrance of the product, while it dissipates eventually, does conflict with my enjoyment of wearing other fragrances.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2004 12:38:00 AM More reviews by woodstock

This contains both mexoryl sx and xl in a moisturizing cream base. The high protection is in no doubt. I use it as my body sunscreen and still the fragrance is too strong. Lancome or L'Oreal usually has strong fragrance and this one is ultra strong! Even using it on my arm put me off. I hate this sweet to death fragrance. I also hate the hard tube design. I have no problem with hard tube design but for sunscreen that uses hard tube design, usually implies a liquidy texture and this lancome SPF 60 is NOT. It got a thick cream texture that is hard to squeeze out of the tube. When I end up have 20% left in the tube, I can no longer squeeze it out unless I cut the tube. And this product doesn't worth me to put extra effort to cut the tube. I end up throwing it to the trash even though I know there is some product left. Definitely won't repurchase even for use on my arm, not to mention my face.

Ingredients: Aqua/water, Octocrylene, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Alcohol Denat, Drometrizole Trisiloxane, Isopropyl Palmitate, Butyl Methoxydivenzoylmethane, Terephthalyidene Dicamphor Sulfonic Acid, Triethanolamine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Stearyl Heptanoate, Stearic Acid, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexyloxygerin/Ethylhexyglycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycine Soja/Glycerin Soja oil, PEG-100 Stearate, Polycaprolactone, Rosa Gallica/Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, Sodium Citrate, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Caprylate, Tocoherol, Vitreoscilla Ferment, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance continued >>