October 23, 2014 | 1391 users online

Fragrances - Molinard - Tendre Friandise (Sweet Candies)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by tessture

Candy, indeed, but not over-sweet. It wears very like Insolence on my skin, but with peppery/woody notes that remind me of my beloved Infusion d'Iris. Sooooo...I layered Insolence and Infusion on one wrist and Tendre Friandise on the other and, behold! they are very similar. Not the same, but the sweet gourmand combined with the pale amber, light woods and musk are really of the same family. This is very very nice and gets a huge yes from me. One lippie off because I can see it being just a bit too sweet on me in high, muggy summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2007 4:52:00 AM More reviews by dinazad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't particularly like pink. I definitely don't like sweet or fruity perfumes. I'm not a young girl. So when the SA handed me a pink card with a sample of pink juice with the words: "This is something for young girls", I wasn't really thrilled. Not even with a Molinard scent (and Molinard ranks high up there with the best in my perfume pantheon), after all, Guerlain has perpetrated horrors, so Molinard would be capable of that as well. I shouldn't have doubted Molinard. Yes, Tendre Friandise (which I would translate as "tender sweet" rather than "sweet candies") is sweet, and it's pink. It is also gentle, warm and comforting, like the favourite dessert your mother would make to welcome you after your first vacation without the family, like sun-warmed fruit eaten directly from the tree or bush in a time when you had no worries, or the petit four you ate when you could finally let go and put up your feet after a gruelling day. It makes you feel happy and comforted and brings a smile to your face, maybe even a sweet, tender memory. It is happy, effervescent "Miss Rocaille" when she feels deliciously sleepy and cuddly. Love it, and will adopt it as a comfort scent, young girl or no!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2006 9:15:00 AM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a soft comforting scent... It reminds me of rice pudding. Sweet, vanilla creaminess with a tad of starchiness..... it's comforting and such a snuggle soft scent. I love it... and I always get more hugs when I wear this one! It's FBW for sure!

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I wore this fragrance to on my 17th Wedding anniversary. DH and I went to a casual authentic french bistro. My husband adored it -- and the scent was detected by the Chef as "Molinard' Ladies .. men love this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2006 2:30:00 PM More reviews by princesa_irulan

I read in a couple of notepads and the boards about this fragrance so I got myself a sample from ebay and loved it! I bought a full bottle from the Molinard website, the price was fantastic and they sent me lots of lovely Molinard samples with it. The first sniff is fruity and almost aldehydeic to me, but the dry-off comes pretty quickly: praline, nougat, sugary almonds and a hint of musky vanilla that stays for a looong time in my skin. I have to say that I love the packaging as well, the silver display-box is really cute and looks great in my bathroom.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2006 1:20:00 PM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Tendre Friandise EDP on my skin goes right into nougat, amber, plum and white musk. This EDP lasts for a good time; around 30 minutes. The sillage on this one lies pretty close to the skin. This one isn't bad, but as another reviewer mentioned it's a bit too cool for my tastes. I prefer a warmer amber without the musk. Enjoyable, but not bottleworthy to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2006 3:29:00 AM More reviews by therese108

I sampled this not expecting anything and ended up ordering it the next day. (Thanks for this new discovery, Martika!) Bizarrely, it's so unlike any other gourmand I've tried, yet I get flashbacks of La Perla Eclix, Laura Tonatto Plaisir and other HG gourmands. For once, the musk is so expertly blended with the gourmand nougat and praline notes that you get something really toothsome yet elusive, like the vapors from a delicious candy freshly pulled from the oven. Excuse me while I wipe away the drool and make a trip to the kitchen.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2006 8:37:00 PM More reviews by chuckmo

Oh this stuff is so good! Gourmand, but not too too sweet. On my skin it smells mostly like nougat, musk and a little hint of spicy goodness. Got a decant but will purchase a full size bottle when this runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2005 2:06:00 PM More reviews by amykelley

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the previous reviewer - on my skin, Tendre Friandise goes straight into the nougat, praline, vanilla and oh-so-faint musk stage immediately. I keep smelling something wonderful in my office, and then I realize it's me! What a great comfort fragrance. And it doesn't smell anything like Pink Sugar (at least to me).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2005 9:44:00 PM More reviews by star811

Tendre Friandise smells like a buttery candy (popcorn flavored jelly belly, perhaps?) with a creamy vanilla base note. It also has a peppery note, which adds some dimension and keeps it from being too sweet and too foody. It's a sophisticated sweet fragrance, unlike Pink Sugar (which I hate very much.)

[edit: After wearing this a couple more times, I've discovered that the peppery note is too strong and almost BO-like on my skin. I am swapping my bottle away.]

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2005 2:43:00 AM More reviews by dreamstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always hesitated to review Tendre Friandrise. With its droolworthy notes and with the raves of many other board members and scent twins, I *know* I should love it, but...I don't. Not even close. It would be helpful if I could get even one of the notes supposedly in it to register on my skin perhaps. But to me it just smells hairspray-ish and perfumey. I get some kind of vauge passing resemblance to La Perla Eclix sometimes, but that is about as close as it gets to gourmand to my nose; in fact, this usually reminds of cold silver metal rather than anything remotely foody. At one point, I actually had a bottle of this in my posession and would spray it on practically every day, waiting for the magical transformation to occur on my skin and Tendre Friandrise to finally bloom into a bouquet of nougat, vanilla, candied fruits, prailines, etc. but it persisted in remaining hairspray. Vanilla hairspray sometimes I admit, but hairspray nonetheless, and after over a year, I've finally thrown in the towel and given up. continued >>