October 21, 2014 | 1223 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Addict - 579 Rose Vision

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The product I have is called Must-Have. It is number 579 and I adore it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Zelora

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Some reviewers seem to think this is a fairly strong pink - I guess the context varies for different people, but really it's a medium pink at most, in my opinion.
I look really lousy in dark or bright colors, usually, and this is neither. It's a medium cool pink without going too far into the mauve category. It has a definite shimmer to it. I am hard-pressed to tell whether the shimmer is gold or silver, so I would say it's a neutral shimmer. This shine tends to make the color look a little lighter than it would otherwise. But it is not over the top nor making the lips look really super-glam, to my eye.
Yet I suppose this shimmer is making some people think of it as an evening color.
To me it's a nice pink that you could wear any time!
The reason I say I wouldn't buy it again is that it isn't super-special and didn't impress me as unusual. So I would probably just move on to something else.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Gorgeous lipstick! The packaging is wonderful! I adore the packaging and quality of the Dior lipsticks. They're pricey but totally worth it! This lipstick is long lasting, silky smooth, and moisturizing. The colour is a bright bluish pink (on me). It has a slight sheen which I can do without but it doesn't bother me as such. I don't find that this has any smell to it (compared to others who have said so) and hence am happy with it. Will definitley purchase if I ever felt like a pink lipstick but I wouldn't mind trying other colours in the same genre of lipsticks from Dior! EDIT: Ended up giving it away. I think it's too bright pink for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulBrunette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I usually don't wear such bold lip colors, but the makeup artist at the Dior counter helped me pick out this vibrant pink because I wanted to try something new. It goes on very smoothly with full coverage and gives a nice sheen without being too glossy or bold.

It's definitely more of an evening lipstick, but if you lightly dab it straight from the tube, you can get a pretty stain instead of full on color.

Obviously, Dior is expensive, but the packaging is beautiful, and the lipstick actually lasts a really long time. The first time I wore it, I went out to dinner, and most of it was still on after I ate!

I would repurchase this product in the future if I ever run out of this tube, but since it's more of an evening color, I probably won't use it up too soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 6:08:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Rose Vision is a bright vibrant pink. What I don't like about this lipstick is the "old lady lipstick" smell. I prefer my lipsticks to be fragrance free.

The texture is nice, smooth and creamy. It's not as dry as some lipsticks can be. The color is not the perfect pink for me. I look a bit washed out when wearing it. I can wear it, sure, but it's not the best shade of pink for my complexion. This lipstick has a little shimmer but definitely not over-the-top. The staying power is decent.

Overall this is an average lipstick. I wouldn't repurchase it.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2006 6:11:00 AM More reviews by natalie32211

Rose Vision is a very bright and vibrant pink.But when its applied with the same shade of blush it really looks beautiful.Great fragrance and it also looks quite glossy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2005 12:46:00 AM More reviews by tuktoyaktuk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh I love this one! Its a very sweet pink on my lips and I usually cannot take pink on lips as I look washed out. This one however looks perfect and there is a shimmer which plumps up the lips. I am a little put off by the smell in all Dior lipsticks, but that is the only downside. Texture wise its very smooth and creamy and lasts a long time without bleeding. Did I say I love this one?! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2004 8:01:00 PM More reviews by MissLadida

I love this lipstick. Its a beautiful rose pink which accentuates my lips without looking over the top. Doesn't feel like

Like the previous reviewer my lips are full and pink lipstick can often be a bit too overpowering.

It feels creamy and looks quite glossy (but without the stickiness). Has a beautiful subtle scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2004 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Gaynor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I would never have bought this colour had I not got it in a sample, I had always bought pinky brown nudes before as I have full lips which I don't like. It lifts my pale complexion but doesn't emphasise my lips (or at least not in a bad way) and goes on smoothly. I can't really comment on the staying power as lipsticks never last on me but then that does give me the opportunity to whip out one of my favourite lipsticks on a regular basis!

For reference, I'm fair/blonde/blue.