NARS Laguna

4.3

Ingredients: talc, polymethyl methacrylate, nylon-66, ptfe, zea mays, polyethylene, dimethicone, silica, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, zinc stearate, disodium edta, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain: mica, ci 77891, ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499, ci 77288, ci 77289, ci 77007, ci 77163. 7/18/09

on 8/17/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Deluxe sample that has lasted me all summer. I just used it all up. I would apply as contour to under my cheekbones, forehead, jawline, and sides of nose. Wear time was average, 4 hours before I'd need touchup. I liked it on my tan summer skin. I didn't notice sparkle. It did seem to need building up. I love the Nars packaging personally. I have a small duo of this with Orgasm that I need to use and also the blush palette that came out at Christmas that has a huge pan of this in it. I'll use them but won't repurchase due to cost. I like my Hoola and Anastasia contour palette better.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I got this in a limited edition set with a mini Ita brush, but for this review I'll focus on the product itself.

The texture is very smooth and soft to the touch, it is also a medium opacity, easily buildable and requires minimal work to blend out sheer, depending on what you want.
For the longest time I didn't purchase this because I am the absolute palest person and I have an olive/gold undertone making 99% of bronzers look like I smeared orange fake tan across my cheeks, but my friends, this is the one percent. It's honestly a beautiful colour, a true bronze with the slightest gold shimmer, which I love, it makes contour look beautiful from every angle. You can customize your coverage depending on your skin colour and the look you're going for, and it actually lasts all day.
I would definitely recommend this for those who have a fair, light or medium skin tone, but it probably wouldn't suit someone with a deep complexion, purely because the colour wouldn't show too well.
In my opinion, it is worth the price, the amount I've spent on other bronzers looking for the right one is more than I spent on this (special edition cost $80 in Australia). Ultimately, this is my HG and would repurchase in a heartbeat.

on 8/14/2015 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i've been using nars laguna for years and years, i just wish they would come out with a limited edition duo including this and orgasm blush

on 8/10/2015 7:01:00 PM

I love this bronzer! I had been using Benefit's Hoola for years and liked it just fine, but got a sample of this and quickly purchased the full size. I've just hit pan on it, so I'm sure I'll be repurchasing soon, but my first has lasted me about 1.5 years! I'm very fair with neutral/peachy undertones, and Laguna is a very natural looking shade for me. It's easy to apply with a light hand, or build up to be darker where I want it. I don't see any of the shimmer once it's applied to the face; it ends up just being a very natural-finish powder product, never chalky or overly powdery. I also find that the color doesn't apply too orange or too muddy, and with my fair skin, I often have that issue with bronzers. I do find it fades a little bit throughout the day, but I get a good 7-8 hours of wear from it.

on 8/9/2015 10:46:00 AM

This is a very light bronzer. I do like it, but I'm using another bronzer now. If you use too much, it can look somewhat orange. I don't think it's worth the price though and I prefer a more matte bronzer.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was so excited to try this bronzer because this was my first "high end" splurge on makeup. Usually the only makeup I buy is drugstore, so spending $56 on this bronzer was a big step for me. When I swatched it on my hand in the store it looked gorgeous, it was a beautiful true golden bronzer with no hints of orange and it had a beautiful sheen. However when I got home and applied it, It barely showed up on my skin (for reference I was around an nc35). This bothered me at first but then I decided I could just use it on top of other bronzers to give my skin a more golden sheen, and it worked perfectly for that! However, after using this for a few days, I realised I was getting a crap tonne of pimples all over my face (I never break out unless its that time of the month, and even then I only ever breakout around my chin area), I had pimples on my forehead, my nose, my cheeks, my temples, pretty much ONLY in the areas I put the bronzer. I stopped using it after that and my skin has cleared up a lot but I'm still dealing with some of the breakouts this horrid product gave me. If you have sensitive skin I would definitely 100% steer clear of this, especially considering how expensive it is!

on 7/13/2015 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am a medium-tone Southeast Asian. The product does show up on me, and it is easy to build up without creating a "muddy" look. However I'm not a fan of how shimmery it appears on my skin, but I may have just gotten a bad one since other reviews mention their's not having too bad of a shimmer.

on 7/10/2015 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this bronzer. The product applies really well and is so buildable so whether you're having a light make up day or a heavy contoured night out- this bronzer can do the job!

The colour is very nice with my skin tone and I feel it gives me that summery sun kissed look, the bronzer isn't 'muddy' or too orangey and on a sunny day it has tiny light reflecting particles so just gives you a healthy glow without looking shiny.

Overal this bronzer is definitely my go to bronzer in my makeup bag, not sure I could face the prospect of ditching it for any other at the moment

on 6/24/2015 2:04:00 PM

I got this in a blush/bronzer duo with the popular blush orgasm. This bronzer applies like a dream and is build able so you can go with a soft tan or a deep contour. I am very very pale and if I use a light hand this works perfectly without looking like I rubbed mud or an orange marker all over my face. A few of my friends (who have deep and medium skin) also love this shade. This is really universal and would look good on anyone. This lasts for ages and is well worth the price. I have hit pan on my duo for the bronzer and am going to head down to sephora when I get the chance to repurchase the full side. Even though the price is just around $40 I think it is worth it to get such a nice, finely milled powder that flatters anyone. You literally cannot go wrong with this product.

on 6/24/2015 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Love it, i have a backup of it, and it is my go to bronzer when i don't know what i want to use.

Popular Bronzers