October 22, 2014 | 1654 users online

Cleansers - Yves Saint Laurent - Instant Pur Toning and Cleansing Water

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by snowDoLL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this from Sephora and its a pretty good product. It removes makeup and dirt. I have been using it at night, and when I wake up in the morning I do notice a kind of sticky feeling that I have to rinse off, but it does cleanse and tone well besides this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using YSL, Dior etc 3-in-1 cleanser/toners many years now. I like how fast I can take off make up and refresh without water. Less tab water, less drying. It doesn't take off heavy make up, but I don't use heavy make up everyday. Gel cleanser when taking a shower, but this one for example when I come home late and want to go to sleep and using water wakes me up too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2008 10:46:00 AM More reviews by kgrinn

I think this will be a great life-long product for me. It smells pleasant and allows me to take off my makeup at night plus clean my face at the same time. I appreciate this because I don't like using washcloths. (To prevent using them I also wash my face in my morning shower).

However this product is very expensive for something I use so often. When I went through a bottle in one week I decided I needed to scale back. So first I take my makeup off with water and then use this cleanser to really get it all off and clean out my pores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 10:49:00 PM More reviews by waterfreak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with the people here who said this wasn't a very good cleanser, because really it isn't, especially for removing mascara......BUT if you don't have a ton of makeup to remove, this works excellent for a quick semi- cleanse. I absolutley love the scent of this! It smells identical to the YSL Intense Nourishing Creme that I used to use. This works as an excellent toner, sadly though I won't use it before or after my YSL Gommage because I love the way the gommage feels on my face, and I don't want to wash any of it away. I also love the packaging and the pump- very convenient and leads to little or no waste. I originally got this in a GWP in a smaller size and immediately fell in love with it. Now whenever I buy the larger size, I always refill my smaller size for travel. I swear I wish YSL made a perfume in this scent, it would be my HG perfume. I have also fiound that it is not drying like many toners are, as I rely heavily on moisturizers to soothe my dry skin. This is an excellent buy and something I hope will be around for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 3:10:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using Yves Saint Laurent mascara again (in the burgundy color which is absolutely stunning) and I really needed a good cleanser to remove mascara and purchased this item based on the fabulous reviews but quite frankly as a makeup remover it SUCKS lol ----- does not do a great job of removing mascara HOWEVER as a toner it is awesome. I have never been a toner person, but started using this a few weeks ago solely as a toner and cleanser in the a.m. and it goes well with my moisturizer ---- my face has been looking really good ------ no pores, skin glows and I believe that it is due to this item and the Crema Nera by Armani.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 6:22:00 PM More reviews by misskikidee

I've been using this as a toner for about 1.5 years and i LOVE it. I use it at night after using a good cleanser and it takes off all my eye makup and face residue so the pad is left 'dirty'. I think the mild scent is luxurious but simple and I couldn't ask for a better 'value' considering how much you get for $35!

It's a treat to use and look at.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser do nothing for my skin. It didn't remove makeup and was not soothing. And I hate the smell! Will not buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really works! Better than shiseido Pureness cleansing water and more gentle. Does not even sting when I take off my mascara. Maybe even better cleanser than Lancome Eau De bienfait, though smell is not as good. The smell is not bad but rather boring. It is really as great as Clarins one step facial cleanser but without the oily residue!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2006 12:07:00 PM More reviews by zero347

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this. I don't see how it could work as as a cleanser by itself but as a toner it is light and refreshing. It seems to remove leftover residue of makeup without stripping the skin. I have even used it to remove eye makeup and it didn't sting at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2006 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Mel44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really, really like this cleanser. It's unlike anyting I've used before - I'm usually a fan of a creamy cleanser. It's soooo easy to use, just pump it on a cloth and wipe it off, and it removes ALL of my makeup. My skin is not left feeling sticky or dry (unlike my current foaming cleanser), and it's perfect for the end of the day (I don't use it in the morning). This stuff preps my skin nicely for either exfoliation or just a slick of night cream or moisturiser. I personally like the scent, it is stronger than most, but sweet all the same - besides I'm a fan of scents in general contributing to the overall skincare experience!! I got this as a GWP also along with the Pur exfoliator which there aren't any reiews of currently, but which I love, love, love. Will definately be repurchasing this range - well done to YSL!