October 25, 2014 | 1664 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment - Nocturnal Plum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by BCbabe

I'm not usually into matte pigments, but the reviews here piqued my interest and I managed to scoop one off of eBay for $14US. Wow, what a pretty shade! It's a slightly dusty purple with just the right balance of blue and red. Call it dusty plum if you will. I did not find this hard to work with, but a little tip when working with matte shades is to lay down a little translucent powder first and it will blend much easier than on bare skin. Also, start with a tiny bit and build up. I usually take what's on the lid instead of dipping into the jar. Looks great with blue eyes though I think this shade would look great on anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I'm not normally a huge fan of MAC's matte pigments .. but this one is just gorgeous and you can't beat the color payoff on this one! Nocturnal Plum is a gorgeous smoked deep mauve/plum shade. No bells or whistles, no shimmer, zero sparkle .. but it just works! Looks amazing used with a variety of colors. My favorite is pairing this with Jest for a peachy look, with Flip if I want more gold in there, or with Pink Freeze if I'm going for a total pink/plum face. Absolutely wonderful texture for a matte pigment! Huge raves!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful deep, matte plum color. It has red undertones that bring out the green in my eyes nicely. This works well wet as liner, or dry. It is very similar to Burnt Burgundy and Smoke Signal. Seeee:

I used Nocturnal Plum to create this look:

Love this pigment!
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

I love this color and it blends really well. I'm generally a fan of mac pigments, but this one is even more awesome than the average pigment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 2:34:00 PM More reviews by LisaReneW

Up until I was on the fence about this lil piggie. I mainly used it for eyeliner however I think this color rawks especially considering all the plummy colors this Fall season. I like it as a wash on my lids, with Softwash Gray in the crease and WnW Sandcastle palette on the brow and up...with some black eyeliner..wow does it make my brown eyes pop!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 3:05:00 PM More reviews by eowyn797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i used to hate matte colors of any sort for eyes, but this is the pigment that changed all that :) it is THE most perfet plummy purple for my blue-grey eyes. it can be applied sheerly or thickly, blends more easily than i thought it would, and looks fantastic with oranges, golds, green, pinks...everything! you do hae to be super careful when applying it, since it's so dark and pigmented. keep a q-tip with some mu remover handy if you're clumsy or unsure of your application skills at all! this is the essential component in my favorite purple smokey eye :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by vespertine33

Gorgeous but hard to work with; if you get even the tiniest grain of this in the wrong place and try to brush it off you're doomed. Like the other reviewers said the colour is fantastic and ranges through a rosy pink to a deep eggplant depending on how much you apply. It is very versatile and can really enhance a lip gloss or cheek stain without adding glitter along with the colour like so many of the other piggies. The most beautiful aspect of this pigment is the lack of sparkle. The colour is rich but muted and very deep.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2006 3:51:00 PM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

I love this product. A gorgeous deep plum matte pigment that looks amazing when you blend because it brings out a brighter, more obvious reddened purple. Okay, mattes are not the best but a good brush and a hankie make all the difference.
Beautiful on hazel eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2006 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't purchase this again, because I'll never use it up. Mattes are very hard to work with, but a little goes a very long way. I have hazel eyes too and the red tones in this pigment play off the green in my eyes so well. A really nice shade that takes a bit more care than a shimmer or frost.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2005 2:52:00 AM More reviews by SunsetRodeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nocturnal Plum is a gorgeous pigment, a burgundy-plum with red undertones. I agree that it is gorgeous on hazel eyes! It really brings out the green in my eyes when I use this as a liner or sheered out as a lid color. However, I hate the texture of these matte pigments! They're hard to blend and if I accidentally use too much, I basically have to start all over because it just gets too difficult to "diffuse". Kind of a pain, really. The color, however, makes up for the texture, as it truly is beautiful.