December 18, 2014 | 1622 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Makeup Remover Wipes

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by wendy4421

Let me start off by saying, I am not one to dislike a product and then go out of my way to write a negative review on it. This product was the devil to my skin. Let me tell you first about my skin (incase you can relate) I have semi sensitive, combination-oily skin. the first thing that bothered me about these wipes was the strong scent of roses that the wipes left on my face (and I mean STRONG), then it was the awful burning that I felt and the redness that appeared minutes later where these wipes had touched my skin. Seriously, it's been 3 days since I tried them and my face and particularly my eye lids are so dried and any gentle cleanser or cream (nonscented and gentle too) I pat on my face stings in those areas. When I touch my face it hurts as if I had really burned it.. and my skin is not THIS sensitive. The toner in those wipes are so harsh and I cannot believe anyone would use this daily for their skin. My skin is hurting ladies... please beware.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I generally don't buy things like makeup wipes from high end brands for two reasons - most wipes are terrible and don't really remove the stubborn makeup like liner and mascara and makeup wipes from almost any high end line are stupid expensive. Despite this rule, I bought these wipes from MAC because they work really, really well.

These past few months, I've been stocking up on MAC eye shadows because frankly, they're the best around. When I went to the MAC counter at Macy's a few month ago, the SA was helping me pick out some shadows and offered to show me how the colors would look. She put some of the Painterly Paint Pot on one of my eyes as a base and it looked simply awful as it is far too light for me. She applied other shadows as well but Painterly stood out especially since she only made up one eye! I almost forgot that I was walking around with one eye made up until I passed a mirror right by the register and saw how I looked. The MAC SA gave me one of these wipes to remove the 75 different shadows she applied to my one eye (yes, I did buy them all!) and I immediately shuddered inside. Makeup wipes and I have a tumtulous history. I love them in theory because they supposedly make removing makeup a breeze but I've rarely found this to be true. Most will easily remove foundation but forget about liner and mascara. I used it anyway as I didn't have a choice and was delighted to see it actually removed the various shadows and didn't leave my eye area too dry or too oily. I decided to get them then and there.

While I do like these wipes quite a bit, I don't use them daily and I usually wash my face after using them. I generally use them when I have a full face of makeup and want to quickly remove it a few hours before I wash my face. The past few weeks however, I used them to remove my makeup and ended up falling asleep before I could wash my face. I fully expected to wake up with a monster zit but I've had no breakouts with these at all. That's nothing short of a miracle! I'm not sure what these are made from but they're strong enough to remove even waterproof mascara and the toughest liner without leaving your entire face feeling like an oil slick or super dry.

Some reviewers have complained about the smell but I actually like it. Yes, they are heavily perfumed and the scent tends to linger, but I find the scent quite pleasant. I wouldn't wear it as a perfume or anything but it's not a sickly floral that gets annoying. I think the scent leans more toward men's cologne. It reminds me of a bit of Cool Water which just about every boy I went to high school wore in the 1990s. If you're scent sensitive, you may want to avoid these. The only real downside to me is the price. I bought the bulk size (100 wipes) for $30. That's pretty pricey, especially if you use these daily, but that works out to about a wipe a day for three months at about $10 a month. That's on par with a drug store cleanser so in the long run, it's not that expensive but the price is still a bit jarring. The packaging is decent enough. I wasn't terribly confident with the plastic snap lid as it doesn't appear to really lock but it seemingly works well enough to keep all the wipes moist. The dispenser is also well made as I've yet to pull out ten wipes instead of one which always seems to happen with pop up dispensers.

I would recommend these wipes to anyone who has found that other makeup wipes to be less than thrilling or someone who is lazy and wants a short cut. I think these are good enough to use alone but if you're acne prone, I would follow up with your usual cleansing routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by MsCadle

It does the job but I like neutrogena wipes just as well and they are half the price. It leaves a slightly oily feeling afterwards. It does take makeup off nicely. I'll stick to Walmart neutrogena wipes though.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought these in the "sized to go" pack but am giving the packaging a 5 because the larger pack has a plastic cap to seal and that's what these reviews are based on. Now the wipes themselves; YUCK! They do a fine job of removing base makeup (foundation, concealer, powder ect) but considering the brand and the price, they're no different in removing eye makeup than those bought at the drugstore. The one thing I DO NOT LIKE is the oily film they leave on your face and hands! Now I have dry skin so usually I don't mind a hydrating property in my wipes but this is a whole other level of greasy. They do not flare up my eczema nor do they sting my eyes but I can't get past the oil slick of a state in which it leaves my face and hands. The fragrance is nice not too over powering but I will not repurchase purely because of the film these leave.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by nujerrs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst thing for sensitive skin! I used this at the MAC counter and oh my! This remover totally stung my eyes and gave almost a burning sensation! It was quite scary actually! I'm definitely steering clear of this product in the future for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Makeupfamine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first tried these at the store I really loved them I thought they were the best wipes ever. But since then I've tried out so many other kinds that these don't impress me as much as before.
First off they seem pretty thin. It'd be nice if they were a bit thicker like the neutrogena ones even the ELF ones seem better quality.
Second these really suck for removing eye makeup. And not even heavy eye makeup just like a few coats of mascara which is upsetting because id expect mac to have wipes that can remove all sorts of eye makeup. However it does removed face makeup well and I dont feel sticky or oily which happens with neutrogena wipes.
And of course like many other people mentioned: the price. I feel like mac has pretty well priced items but for the quality of these wipes the price is just too much.
I wouldn't repurchase these because I don't feel like they're that great to spend $30 repurchasing them. I really think the neutrogena ones work much better for me, and to my surprise the ELF ones did such a great job! With both i would simply just rinse my face off to get rid of any excess product from the wipes.
Sorry MAC, I didn't love these as much as I thought i was.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by jctayl01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love them!!!! Other cloths (neutrogina, clean and clear, etc) all make me break out and leave my skin feeling sticky and dirty. These are my one step go to at night because I'm bad about not actually washing my face at night. At 29 I guess ill ever get into the routine. I wear tons of heavy eye makeup and these cut right through. My overly sensitive dry skin doesn't even require moisturizer afterwards. I wish they were less expensive but really, for 100, the price isn't that bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by melcharles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE these wipes! The reason they are a 4 star is definitely because of the price... I mean, MAC is expensive, but for the quality? Totally worth it. They make my skin extremely soft and remove all my makeup. I make these wipes a part of my daily routine; when I get home if I know I am not going out or if I am going to the gym, I use one of these wipes to remove my face make up and I instantly feel refreshed. Later on, I follow with my regular wash routine.
ONE downfall, besides the price, is the fact that they don't really remove eye makeup... It takes a little more time to get it completely off, but since I follow up with my wash routine, it does not really matter.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone as their little "splurge" product must-have. I really love them and when I run out, I will be repurchasing.
Quite tip: In order to keep them moist, the MAC employee told me to store the package upside down. I have had my wipes for a few months now and have been using this technique. Every single wipe I have used so far is extremely fresh. The packaging allows it to stay sealed as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by marie5324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love these makeup wipes. They remove all of my long-wear makeup, they smell great and they leave my face feeling fresh and clean. My skin has really cleared up since I started using these. I am allergic to almost all face wipes including the neutrogena and simple wipes so I am glad to have finally found something that works for me. The only thing I dislike is the packaging. I keep the entire package inside of a freezer bag to keep the wipes moist.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by iceboi

Awful awful wipes!! Upon using this at the Mac counter to wipe my face it stank!! It stinks like garbage like literally i cannot get past this scent and it lingers for a bit on your skin. It does take makeup off well but im unsure whats in these wipes may have caused a small breakout in my cheeks. Yucky smell and they are way overpriced!! Not worth it!