April 20, 2014 | 1696 users online

Pressed Powders - Origins - Silk Screen

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by originalconfidence

This makes my skin look darker. It has no brightening effect and i don't know if this is helping me with my acne prone skin. I only bought it as i thought its natural formula would be gentler.. But im not sure

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by blythegraves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great sheer-light buildable coverage pressed powder. I am very fair with peachy/neutral undertones and "Porcelain" fits me well. Looks very natural; goes on really creamy matte. Foolproof powder and flawless whether you apply it with a powder brush or a sponge. Does not cake, settle into pores, accentuate dry skin/wrinkles or cause breakouts. Lasts all day, even after a hike/yoga/workout. I put Everyday Minerals "Finishing Dust" setting powder over it for extra staying power; it prolongs it throughout the day/night. I have a oily T-zone and only had to touch up my nose a couple times in hot/humid weather. The only con is that it tends to wash out your complexion and may be too matte/flat (unless that's what you prefer). At the moment I prefer Everyday Minerals semi-matte foundation for natural dewy/glowing coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this at the Cosmetics Store at an outlet mall, I dont think I would have paid full price ($27) for it, however, i do love it. It works nicely to set foundation and gives me a polished glow. It lasts pretty well through out the day. I have this in Amaretto 20. I use it over tinted moisturizer. If i use it over a heaver foundation i find it looks & feels like i have too much make up on. It does not cake, but it just looks like too much make up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by xoxoarcade

I tried Silk Screen due to the wonderful reviews here on MUA. I know I was expecting it to be my HG. I think I'm going to try a few different powder foundations, as this product might be better used strictly to set one's foundation. The texture and non-comedogenic formulation are great, I think it has SPF in it, but the color made my skin look older, grey and my smile lines harsh. (I wore it in Tender).
Although its sleekness and light weight are attractive, I also wish this compact were a little sturdier. I dropped both of my Origins powders at most three feet onto the floor of my dorm, and opened them to find the powder shattered each time.
As a result, I recanted the powder into an old BE container, and I discovered it works much better for coverage when applied with a kabuki brush. Yet, trying to avoid loose powders since Dr. Oz scared me off of inhaling BE minerals into my lungs.
Price: USD 26.50 at flagship store.
Definitely will return to this if my forays into other top-rated powder foundations (Shiseido, etc. ) are unsuccessful.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Cellanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FINALLY!!! I have been searching for the last year (since Clinique discontinued their Clarifying Powder Makeup) for a powder foundation that works with my very oily skin and I have found it in Silk Screen! Color matching was a bit tricky but I found an exact match with Camel and it makes my skin look wonderful! The best part is I only have to touch up 3 times a day compared to every 30 minutes with every other type of powder and/or foundation I have used. I cannot believe it controls my oil and shininess so well. It's a miracle. I hope others who feel betrayed about the discontinuation of Clarifying Powder Makeup by Clinique will find this powder foundation as helpful.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by watevayou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this powder... it's horrible if you apply on top of a regular moisturizer... like it starts caking up or something. This has never happened with my other powders or foundations... So i had to change my regular moisturizer to a moisturizer/primer type with a more matte finish. I tried applying this with their sponge but it enlarged my pores for some reason.. and i guess the best way to apply this is with a large fluffy brush. I also bought the origins powder brush with is really soft but i think i need a larger fluffier brush from maybe mac or something. Something less dense.... anyway this powder IS really silky if you apply it right... It was kind of hard to get a good match for my skin despite the fact that they have a large range of colors available. It gears more towards the pink undertone people... I have heavy yellow undertone but im like a NC25-NC30ish...

It's worth a try because the powder is really cheap imo.. very good quality for the price. I guess I just have to wait and see if it does miracles if I buy a large mac powder brush to use with this. Will update later!! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by tracy1031

I have been using this powder for the last 3 months, and so far I really like it. I love the finish, it doesn't look cakey or powdery its very smooth. Similiar to how MAC Natural finish looks right after I apply it, really nice and smooth except it is not shimmery. I have been reading reviews of the color Sesame and Caramel Mousse for skintones NC40ish which is strange because both these shades match me and I am NC30. I do use a huge fluffy brush and it looks very natural on me. I was originally matched to Camel but it had too much of a pink tone for my skin, and Sesame is perfect for my olive skin. I would definitely give this a try if you are looking for a powder with medium coverage. Price is very reasonable for me since it lasts so long and quality is really great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this as a touch up powder/sheer finishing powder for daily use. Overall I'm very happy with the product. The powder is unbelievably soft, which really wowed me, and a little goes a long way. To get a sheer finish, I have to be very light handed, otherwise I'll end up with a medium coverage. This is especially true if you use the included sponge (I use a face brush, better control). So far I've had no issues with caking. In terms of oil control, the powder holds up better than most, but is no holy grail for me. I still need to use a primer, which is fine. I personally prefer is a more luminous finish, while this powder is definitely matte.

I would consider re-buying this product in the future, though I expect the compact I have will last for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by PinkoCommie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been on the hunt for a good touchup powder for a while. Pressed or loose isn't really that important, though I thought I'd be in the mood for loose as the bulk of the rest of my makeups are all loose. Imagine my surprise when I wandered by the Origins counter and, thinking, "Oh, why not" let the lovely lady smack some powders on my face.

I wound up with Bisque as I wanted something absolutely neutral to my skin and it's lovely. I adore the texture, and it meshes flawlessly with my BE bareMinerals foundation. The compact is a nice size and includes a mirror. I ditched the sponge in favor of my travel brushes (EcoTools FTW) and all keenerbeans.

Seriously makes my skin feel like silk and lasts even through the gawdawful heat we have in this area. I only gave it 4 lips, though, because while I'm in the smallish range of shades they carry, I can't recommend it to all my friends and that pisses me off. Seriously, Origins, make a full range of colors!

I gave it 4 lips on price, too, because the amount received in the allegedly recyclable compact is small for the $25USD price tag, but it's fantastic and I use it for touch ups with a light hand, so I'm expecting it to be something I don't have to purchase constantly.

Packaging also got a 4 because I'd rather they'd left the dopey sponge out altogether or at least put it in a bottom slot of some sort, but those are fairly minor complaints and other HE stuff tends to opt out of a mirror or any sort of applicator for the same price range, so I suppose I'll forgive it.

Altogether, though, I adore it. It's perfect and feels fantastic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by kory20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a good foundation but I noticed that the liquid foundations didn't work really well on me because I have very oily skin. I went to MAC and tried the studio fix powder foundation and for some reason it after an hour I notice my face was completly shiny. I tried other drugstore foundation but I did not like them that much.

This foundation controls my oily skin for a good maybe 4 to 5 hours which for me that amazing. It feels really silky and I think it is buildable but you need to find the right brush to use with it.

Other reviewers wrote that this is expensive and I have to say maybe it is but if you find something you liked your are going to buy it again. I rather pay 25 than keep going to the drugstore like I was doing :(