July 25, 2014 | 1238 users online

Fragrances - Nanette Lepore

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by stephytu

This perfume smells sooo much better after it's dried and has been on your skin for a while. It kind of reminds me of a wood-sy smell and to be honest I can't really put my finger on what it is.

My boyfriend is in love with it though!

I heard that it's discontinued though so he's just going to have to love another one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is fast becoming my HG perfume, much to my dismay. I'm not the biggest fan of sweet smelling anything, but Nanette Lepore is a grown up version of a fruity floral, with a dry down of mostly rose, peach, violet and sandalwood on me, with the right blend that smells creamy and powdery, in a nice way..definitely will repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

So here I sit ashamed, after bashing so many fruity-florals. But not this one. NL is more complex and much longer lasting than most. It is definitely sweet and does not contain a lot to counteract the sweetness. Rose, lemon, orchard fruits and powder. Somehow it all comes together. And I just adore the bottle. The pottery like kitsch of the bottle makes me smile.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by maneandchic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my signature scents. I love love love this perfume. It's feminine and light.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by songy67

Sweet, feminine, and full of fluttering florals. I bought the rollerball size for about $7 and it opens with a ton of powder and artificial rose that gets only slightly more complex as it develops on my skin. This is a fragrance that reminds me of midday picnics in the park and hugs from little girls and family-oriented outings. It's nice and non-offensive, but I wouldn't repurchase because it smells much too generic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by stayce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this as an impulse buy after finding a 1 oz bottle at Marshall's for less than $10. I don't generally care about the packaging, but I admit that the little pink, ceramic triangular bottle with flowers on it *is* adorable.

As for the scent, well... it's a fruity floral. You probably already know what it smells like. As far as these things go, I like this one more than the others I have smelled. It opens with a gleefully synthetic rose note, which then gives way to anonymous fruit notes with pink pepper. There's no clanging synthetic amber in the drydown, and it reminds me a bit of Calyx Prescriptives and Clinique Happy overall. I wouldn't repurchase it, but I'll keep the pretty bottle on my dresser and use it up.
~Edit~ This ended up smelling too sharp and thin to me, and I gave it away.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by unchu

This smells exactly like Vivid by Liz Claiborne. I thought I would smell more of the peach but all I get are flowers and slight powdery scent. When first sprayed, it is fresh, fruity and smells very nice. The dry time, is totally different from the first spritz. Luckily, I bought this dirt cheap on ebay. Not a very original scent. Nice and cute packaging, reminds me of Lulu Guiness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had heard that this was a lemon merringe pie scent simliar to Eclix. So when I sampled it, at first sniff -- I thought it was ordinary --- fruity melange of sweetness --- Juicy Juice Tropical Punch meets fruity cotton candy floss; no pie scent either. A little synthetic (ugh!) definintely NOT FOR ME! A few minutes later -- the notes opened up and KEPOWIE! I was hit with something magical! A floral/fruit melange that had a hint of vintage-ness that was delightfully young and vibrant. A defininte Pin Up -- soda shop -- fun fragrance that was almost efferevescent. A few hours later -- the drydown was amazing; Sugary candy floss with some sophisticated notes of roses. Magical!! The fruits are sweet and the roses have soft edges that are pungent smelling. Very pretty -- I think this is what I wanted Tocade to be with a little spicy edge. In fact, I don't know who the nose is.. but it's got Maurice Roucel written all over it! A very nice fragrance to have, but unfortunately I'm not saying it's full bottle worthy for my collection. Sad as it's got an absolutely adorable bottle!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was lucky enough to find this at TJ Maxx a few months ago. Somedays I like it and others I find it cloying and heavy. I'm torn. I think it is more of a fall scent. The notes are: Moonstone Rose, White Peach, White Cranberry Juices, Magenta Nectar, Black Currant, Orange Jasmine, Persian Lime Juice, Velvet Violet, Amber, Indian Sandalwood.

All I get is the rose with maybe a hint of other florals. No sandalwood or amber. Which is good for me since I really don't like amber based scents. I believe this would be a little to heavy for a hot summer day. But a nice cool and crisp fall day would be perfect. The bottle does look really pretty on my dresser.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by jcrsehy

While this is not my HG perfume, which is Betsey Johnson's perfume, it is pretty close. I'm really iffy when it comes to florals but this one is perfect. Right after I purchased this, I was in the car with a guy friend who told me it had an old Hollywood smell. When I asked him to elaborate, he said it had a classic smell that was romantic and glamorous. I totally agree!