August 27, 2014 | 1781 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Royal Blue

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Andymich86

No matter what mascara I ever try, I always go back to this one. For the price, it is the least "clumpy" of mascaras. I try to spend more money to see if I can find a better one, but I just go back to Great Lash everytime. It's a classic I tell you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You can see the blue in this mascara when it is applied, but primarily when the light shines on your eyes, or if you are out in daylight. It is blue, so of course it is not going to show up in the dark or areas with low light. This is a lovely mascara that looks very pretty on, and the blue shade is perfect. It leans towards navy blue, but is brighter, although not ultra bright by any means. This one blows away Benefit Bad Gal Blue, which ran on me terribly and did not stay on. Plus, it is much cheaper than the Benefit Bad Gal Blue and just much better quality. For some reason this is the only shade that does not smudge and transfer on me either. It must have something to do with the color pigments used. Yes, I recommend this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's a let down. I wanted a blue mascara for fun, for nights out and sometimes to change it up. You can hardly see any tinge of blue once it's on, and the mascara formula itself leaves a lot to be desired. Hardly any length or volume. I guess I will have to fold and get Benefit's mascara, which is why I purchased this in the first place, to see if I could avoid that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

Extremely Disappointed!! I was looking for that bright blue pop and didn't even come close. I had to put several coats on to get a bit of color and when it dried, you cannot tell at all. I have black lashes and I see no color at all. I tried the look with electric blue eyeshadow and it still doesn't show anything. I will try using a primer or white base first to see if I get a different result but I think this was made for blonde lashes. I wouldn't buy it again unless I can somehow get the color to show. BUMMER

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've seriously been wanting an electric blue mascara for MONTHS now. I was going to order the Dior Diorshow Mascara in Azure Blue, but as much as I love Diorshow, I really didn't want to pay that much. So I found this, and luckily it's awesome! It's pretty pigmented--it shows up on my black eyelashes, but it's even more intense when I use a white primer underneath. Looks fantastic with a matching eyeliner on my dark brown eyes! The brush is kind of small, but easy to use and it's great for the bottom lashes and inner lashes. Overall, great buy! And super cheap, too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first colored mascara I've tried and I'm not disappointed! I was hesitant at first in case it was just a gimmick, but since I have blonde eyelashes, the color shows up well. It's not too extreme, just a touch of a purple-y blue color. It makes my green eyes stand out more. The brush isn't the best as it's quite stiff, but I'm able to work with it. I would recommend this to anyone who's looking to experiment with a colored mascara. Since it's only about $5-$6, you won't be out too much money if you decide you don't like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go to, mascara. It is more of a purplish blue rather than a neon blue like hard candys on peacock. I looove then both but I thinkthis one is my favorite by a, tennie bit. I looove the wand and the formula didn't clump on me even after three coats. I sometimes use a white primer if I really want it to stand out but most times I don't and it gives subtle color in regular light and is really notable in sunlight. I have gotten alot of compliments when wearing this and alot of is that blue mascara?!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product because it reminds me of the benefit blue mascara! I hate hate hate the formula of bad gal lash....it clumped my lashes horribly no matter what i did, so this was a breath of fresh air. The great lash formula is buildable, it's a very natural looking product and does not offer a lot in terms of volume but with around 3 coats i'm more than satisfied in the length department! for added volume I go through with a makeshift lash comb that I created out of a clean revlon wand (it works wonders!). The blue is less harsh than black and makes my eyes look very white and awake, I really like the effect because its subtle in regular light and it shows more vibrant in sunlight. I was not looking for a severe color, I am a Catholic school teacher and I would look very out of place with bright blue lashes...i'm also not a teenager...overall this is a great basic mascara that is a twist from an everyday mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by hgpt2

I was looking to try out blue mascara for my eyes, since the SA at MAC recommended that for me. I didn't want to get it from MAC due to budget issues. I found this at my local CVS and it was 50% off! So I immediately picked this up. I have only used this on my lower lashes to make my eyes look bigger. I didn't want a dramatic look for day time, so I used black mascara on the top and blue mascara on the bottom lashes, along with a black eyeliner and brown neutral smoky eye look. It does last for a long time and doesn't smudge. I don't really think this is waterproof? The blue color did show up on my eyelashes, unlike Covergirl's 24 hr lash blast blue black mascara. This is blue enough so I don't use an eyelash primer or anything. I'll be repurchasing this as long as Maybelline manufactures it! Its a little difficult to come by this product at any drugstore, so if you see it, immediately get it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Icebox5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since Benefit discontinued their Bad Gal Lash in blue, I purchased the "The Mascara" by ZUZU in Navy. Unfortunately, the formula was very dry and the blue a bit dark for my black eyelashes. I loved the brush though. Still in search of the perfect blue mascara, I recently bought Maybelline Great Lash mascara in Royal Blue. As others have noted, the brush is horrible! It's very stiff and hurts if you hit your lash line with it. I read some reviews on Makeup Alley about using another mascara brush, so now I use the brush from my ZUZU navy blue mascara and dip it into my Maybelline Great Lash Royal Blue (cap sizes don't match or I would have just switched wands). Finally I'm happy with my blue mascara! Others have mentioned the Great Lash flakes and smudges, but I haven't had that experience. My eyelids are oily, but I haven't noticed any migration of product onto eyelids or under my eyes.