December 20, 2014 | 1065 users online

Lips - Hard Candy - Stain & Shine in Stop

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by monsterbeans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this shade has been discontinued, which isn;t so good!
Anyway. I love the stain, but am not so keen on the gloss. My HG of glosses is Lavera's No.4, which is a goldish clear shimmer that is so smooth and not sticky. Unfortunately, the gloss portion of the S&S is quite gloopy, and its easy to go overboard. That said, the shimmer gloss is a cool, blue toned colour, which really complements the berry stain colour.

I bought this because I was looking for a version of Benetint that I was 100% sure wasn't tested on animals. The Hard Candy tint works equally well on cheeks and lips and stays put. Word of warning, the bottle of the stain is made of glass, which is how I smashed my only, nearly full one (serves me right for running at work with it in my pocket!).
I would buy this again for the tint alone, if I could find this shade easier in the UK.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2008 2:37:00 PM More reviews by indiequeenamy

I like this product. It's not one of my favorite lip glosses, but I think that was overshadowed by finding the HG of lipglosses the same day with HC's Sweet Spot. But anyway. I like that I could have color and it stay for a long time and not kiss off on my boyfriend. (He liked that part too.) Anyway, overall it's a great product and when I run out I will probably get some more mostly because I love the fact that when the gloss is gone the red stain stays put and long days at work when we get busy prevent touchups and who needs it when the stuff stays on so nice?

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2008 7:14:00 AM More reviews by bellajolie

I loved this lipstain. Great price, great color, and the roller ball was a great applicator. Why the low score. Umm, well this is a little gross but true. The roller ball started to stink. You know how leaving clothes wet creates a funk? Well, so did the liquid trapped beside the roller ball. At first it was sort of a "Am I imagining this smell?", next it was, "Eww, this smells a little off, I wonder why? Perhaps the stain just doesnt smell good and I am noticing this for the first time now." to "Holy guacamole, this stuff is RIPE and pungent. But, but I love it. What is the problem here? Is it me?" Alas, the old saying was true. Had I worn this, it would have been my upper lip I smelled. I figured out it was the roller ball that was sour. The liquid would rest beside the ball and mildew. Dis cus ting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2007 2:16:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet, seeing as how I'm nearly done with my first tube and about to replace it. LOVE it! The perfect red stain in a convienient rollerball applicator with a clear sparkly gloss on the other end, ingenious and one of the first of its' kind when it first came on the market (BeneFit and Tarte have since copied it). Doesn't turn fuschia on me like some "red" stains do and lasts a long time (I get plenty of pigment out of this, and it can be built up), but doesn't last SO long that I have red lips for days. I wear it under a red lipstick or gloss for evenings so when they wear off, I still have some color. works well as a cheek stain too, although I use it more often on my lips. I even like the gloss; it smells good, lasts a long time and looks lovely over the stain. The only problem I've had is sometimes too much comes out of the rollerball, so it needs a blot now and then to keep it from gushing all over when you apply it, but it's not an everyday occurance so I can't complain all that much. I've had mine at least a year and I use it all the time so it's for me it's worth the price because it lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2006 9:50:00 PM More reviews by LyssyLew

A really great buy! You can layer the stain to the intensity you want it to be, AND you can use it as a cheek stain! The gloss is also very pretty alone or over the stain. The only downside to this product is that I found the lip gloss sticky, which I personally don't like in a lip gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2006 8:54:00 AM More reviews by kbb2008

This is an AWESOME lip product, and I never buy anything from Hard Candy. The stain is sheer and easy to layer so it actually looks natural, unlike pretty much every other similar product I have tried. The rollerball applicator makes it really simple to apply. Then I put on the gloss over it. The gloss looks scary white and frosty in the tube, but it isn't at all- just adds a little bit of shimmer and shine. The two together produce a gorgeous, sheer, pinky-cherry, glossy effect. The stain and gloss together have fantastic staying power. They will last me through an entire morning until lunch, which is pretty much all I can reasonably expect of any lip product. The only reason this one lost a lipstick from me is because they advertise it as a lip and cheek stain, but this is IMPOSSIBLE to blend on the cheeks. I blended it immediately after application and it still left darker splotches on the places where it had been directly applied. I don't really mind because I purchased it for my lips, but if this actually also worked as a cheek stain, it would be absolutely unstoppable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2006 10:31:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a big disappointment. While the color is very pretty the stain is not very pigmented and did not last on my lips at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2005 3:19:00 AM More reviews by snowymtn

Great stain color, lasts forever. I dont use the other side, the gloss, I layer lipfusion over this. My friends who borrow this are hooked as well. Very similar to the Lorac in sheer luck, but a bit brighter in color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2005 12:07:00 AM More reviews by LunchattheIvy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great stain. A terrific sheer red, in a roll-on bottle. The roll-on applicator doesn't always apply evenly, but it's pretty foolproof. The other end is a clear, sparkly gloss. The applicator is a bit thin, for my lips. Also, allow the stain to completely dry, before appling the gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2004 10:27:00 PM More reviews by haloinrverse

ive wanted to try this for some time. im a bit disappointed with it in general.

the stain end is really pretty, and im glad to find a color that is closer to true red than mauve or maroon like many lip stains. the roller ball applicatior is wonderful, but the stain isnt as pigmented as id like. im mostly comparing it to UDs ink stain, which is extremely pigmented to the point where i have to rub and blot the excess. HCs stain needs to be applied very heavily to show at all. its doesnt last for more than a few hours on me, sadly. it doesnt taste like much, of which im glad.

the gloss end is really pretty (clear with shimmer) and has great staying power. its very thick without being sticky. i wish it had some sort of scent to it. i find it to be completely unscented. the sponge applicator doesnt get as stained as i thought it would.

i really like the look of the glass packaging, but im worried that ill drop it and ruin it. also, the stain end made my lips numb and burn at the same time. it wasnt a hot burning feel, but it was strange all the same. it wasnt entirely unpleasant, so ill keep using this product, because the stain is the perfect, gorgeous natural color for my lips. continued >>