NYX Black

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Mica, Diisostearyl Malate, Talc, Mineral Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Butylparaben. May Contain: Polymethyl Methacrylate, Methylparaben, Zinc Stearate, CI 19140 Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 16035 (Red 40 Lake)

on 2/4/2015 12:10:00 AM

This is the best black eyeshadow ever! I've used from cheap to expensive brand and they all come of as dark gray, but never true black; and I really need true black; you see my main use for the eyeshadow is a setting powder for my eyeliner on the waterline. So with this eyeshadow you will get intense color and for a great price. In general NYX eyeshadows are very pigmented and lasting, they are a great buy. But when it comes to black, NYX is the only brand that counts!

on 7/13/2014 9:29:00 AM

I love most of NYX products, their always great quality products and i really enjoy their eye shadows very much. It's the perfect black shadow, it's VERY pigmented and it stays on so well and applies very smoothly! A++ Product !

on 2/19/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

great stuff! more pigmented than UD Perversion & Mac Carbon for 1/3 of the price!

on 2/16/2014 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Already tons of reviews so I don't need to reiterate what has already been said. Definitely one of the most pigmented "black" black eye shadows out there. Smooth and easy to work with but use a light hand! If you're in need of a black, this is your baby.

on 2/2/2014 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really love gel liner, but it tends to smudge on me if I don't set it with a black eyeshadow. I have matte black shadows in palettes, but I wanted a single eyeshadow to take with me in my makeup bag. I finally found the NYX Black shadow at some random Korean store, so I got it. It's so pigmented and dark, just like my Urban Decay shadow in Creep. For only a few dollars, it's just as good as my higher end black eyeshadows, so I would definitely recommend!

on 7/16/2013 11:00:00 PM

It's a pigmented eyeshadow, lasts a long time, however it's creases and goes under my eyes. :/ overall it's like a 3.5 ish kind of eyeshadow. I prefer my wet n wild matte black shadow over this one :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

When I realized ALL my black e/s were sparkly, I ran across this at ULTA and am in love. I had been checking out MAC black shadows but this is exactly what I was looking for. NYX single shadows rarely fail to impress.

on 1/15/2013 8:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I must have gotten a dud. There's no explanation for why this product has 4.6 when the product I received swatched a charcoal gray that I couldn't build up to black. I was hoping this would be a great replacement for Mac Carbon, but it is not. Even weirder is the fact that mine had some sparkles. My Sonia Kashuk black shadow is far, far superior to this mess. Immediate return.

on 1/4/2013 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is the best black eyeshadow I have tried so far. It is truly matte and super pigmented. It makes my eyeliner last longer and doesn't smudge at all. Packaging is cute and it is dirty cheap! A true bargain.

on 12/28/2012 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have this product and use it frequently to deepen color in my creases (going through a smoky eye phase). It is well-priced for what it does, and I find with a primer it lasts a long time without creasing or fading from my allergic eyes (they water often).

I am not sure what the color of a person's skin has to do with their handling of color fallout (the review below mine), but I find the fallout with this product to be minimal, as it is not as powdery as others (NYX glittery shadows have more fallout but still tolerable). With any dark, matte color one will have to watch out for that and do their makeup accordingly and carefully. I would repurchase and have repurchased.