September 1, 2014 | 2021 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Black

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by RainaVixen

I love most of NYX products, their always great quality products and i really enjoy their eye shadows very much. It's the perfect black shadow, it's VERY pigmented and it stays on so well and applies very smoothly! A++ Product !

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

great stuff! more pigmented than UD Perversion & Mac Carbon for 1/3 of the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Already tons of reviews so I don't need to reiterate what has already been said. Definitely one of the most pigmented "black" black eye shadows out there. Smooth and easy to work with but use a light hand! If you're in need of a black, this is your baby.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by kirito

I really love gel liner, but it tends to smudge on me if I don't set it with a black eyeshadow. I have matte black shadows in palettes, but I wanted a single eyeshadow to take with me in my makeup bag. I finally found the NYX Black shadow at some random Korean store, so I got it. It's so pigmented and dark, just like my Urban Decay shadow in Creep. For only a few dollars, it's just as good as my higher end black eyeshadows, so I would definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by bettybear135

It's a pigmented eyeshadow, lasts a long time, however it's creases and goes under my eyes. :/ overall it's like a 3.5 ish kind of eyeshadow. I prefer my wet n wild matte black shadow over this one :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I realized ALL my black e/s were sparkly, I ran across this at ULTA and am in love. I had been checking out MAC black shadows but this is exactly what I was looking for. NYX single shadows rarely fail to impress.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by GorgonGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must have gotten a dud. There's no explanation for why this product has 4.6 when the product I received swatched a charcoal gray that I couldn't build up to black. I was hoping this would be a great replacement for Mac Carbon, but it is not. Even weirder is the fact that mine had some sparkles. My Sonia Kashuk black shadow is far, far superior to this mess. Immediate return.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best black eyeshadow I have tried so far. It is truly matte and super pigmented. It makes my eyeliner last longer and doesn't smudge at all. Packaging is cute and it is dirty cheap! A true bargain.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this product and use it frequently to deepen color in my creases (going through a smoky eye phase). It is well-priced for what it does, and I find with a primer it lasts a long time without creasing or fading from my allergic eyes (they water often).

I am not sure what the color of a person's skin has to do with their handling of color fallout (the review below mine), but I find the fallout with this product to be minimal, as it is not as powdery as others (NYX glittery shadows have more fallout but still tolerable). With any dark, matte color one will have to watch out for that and do their makeup accordingly and carefully. I would repurchase and have repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by grellsutcliffspears

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Black is a completely matte black. It has a bit of fallout, but that's fine. I'm not in love with the packaging. Like, it's just, meh. Boring and a bit bulky. The shadow is okay. It smears when I try to use it to set eyeliner though. Even if I use UDPP. But UDPP didn't work so great for me anyways. It's nice and pigmented, but it smears around my eyes. It's probably just because of my monolids, but I don't like my shadows to smear to the bottom of my eyes. If you're a white or negro you might like this, but it just doesn't work the best for me. I'll continue to use it, and then go on a hunt for something better.