November 22, 2014 | 1693 users online

Moisturizers - Dove - Sensitive Essentials Day Lotion

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Queeniie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I prefer the olay sensitive lotion over the dove one. I hate the smell. When I put it on during summer time, its sticky and on winter time, its a littlee biiiit heavy, like i can feel it on my face. wont repurchase because now im loving the olay one! The packaging is kind of annoying ..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by thriftesfai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

This was alright at first, then it just stopped working and doing the opposite of moisturizing. It broke me out a bit and stung whenever I put it on my cheeks. It didn't have SPF and didn't moisturize enough for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by mrcourtney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This came as a nice surprise. It came free with some Dove Cleanser that I bought on a whim last year. My skin isn't overly sensitive but it is oily and this lotion has been a godsend! It has a nice, light consistency, doesn't clog my pores, and doesn't cause my skin to produce more oil. It feels really great when I put it on especially in the summer, it's like a drink for my face! People with oily skin should give this moisturizer a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have one with an older formula I believe - and it worked pretty well.
    Sticky? Not really.
    Break out? No.
    Smell? None.
    Good for sensitive skin? Yes. My skin is allergic to everything in the world except 4 products, and this is one of them.
    The only reason I won't be buying again is because I like the Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Check out my notepad to read a more detailed explanation of my skin type!

** The product that I am reviewing is listed as "Sensitive Skin Day Lotion", but the ingredients are identical to that of the now discontinued (in the United States at least) "Sensitive Essentials Day Lotion". I have a feeling that they are either the same product, but simply titled differently here in Canada, or renamed here in Canada. **

What it Claims:
    "This non-irritating, lightweight lotion leaves skin feeling soothed and looking healthy. It's designed to visibly reduce signs of skin sensitivity like redness or dryness. Fragrance free and dye free. Hypo-allergenic. Non-irritating. Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores). Dermatologist tested."

Claims - True or False?
    1) Non-irritating: True. I'd label my skin as being mild to moderately sensitive, but this lotion never irritated my face.
    2) Lightweight: False. After application, it doesn't feel heavy, but throughout the day it feels heavier and heavier, leaving my skin looking shiny.
    3) Leaves skin feeling soothed: True, although with major irritation, it didn't have much of an effect.
    4) Reduce redness: True. While only some redness is caused by sensitivity, using this product left my skin far less red and even.
    5) Reduce dryness: True, I guess. I don't believe it helped much with surface dryness like flakes.
    6) Non-comedogenic: Undetermined. But I am leaning toward false. I will update after I've stopped using for a few weeks and see if my breakouts improve or not.

Packaging:
    I really hate the packaging. It comes in a small tube-like package, white plastic and a semi-opaque blue cap. It's not terrible, it's hygienic and it's simple, but I can see it being a pain to get out all of the product near the end. It can also release a little too much product at once. Comes in a cardboard box, which seems unneeded as they could simply place the information on the moisturizer itself. Overall, it's nothing horrible, but not my cup of tea.

Smell:
    As stated, it's fragrance-free, but it does have a mild scent to it, which I could not determine.

Consistency:
    Not as heavy as a cream, but not as light-weight as most light-weight lotions. A little thick, slightly oily and emollient, and white. Spreads evenly without soaking in too fast, which allows proper application.

Ease of Use:
    As it is slightly thicker, applying it is very easy as you do not have to rush to massage it onto your face. The packaging is easy enough to use, although I find it can be a tad slippery.

Bang for your Buck:
    At under $10.00 for 120ml, this is definitely a steal. A pea sized dollop is enough for your entire face, and if only used once daily, I can see it only needing to be repurchased once or twice a year.

Final Consensus:
    I've had terrible luck with skin care in the past year, as my skin has begun changing slightly. I've had the most problems with moisturizers, as they all seem to simply sit on top of my skin, are too light and then resurface with an oily and greasy residue, or are too irritating. I've used this moisturizer on and off for almost a month, and I can say that it is one of the best moisturizers I've tried so far for the price. However, it does not work for my skin. I only say that it is one of the best because it hydrates well enough, doesn't irritate or dry out my skin and is very affordable. However, it seems to sit atop my skin, makes it slightly shiny all-over, and might possibly worsen/cause my blemishes. At this point, I would not repurchase, but I will keep it on hand for neck usage and will try it again once I am able to find a good cleanser and day lotion for my skin to see if it truly did break me out.

Overall Rating: 3/5
    Price: 2/5
    Packaging Quality: 2/5
    Would you buy this product again: No.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by CheekyLady19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This moisturizer is horrible. I bought this moisturizer last year in the version formulated for "sensitive" skin so that extra gentleness would be insured... was I ever wrong. My skin was anything but soothed after using this hunk of junk! It was itchy and blotchy after two uses... so disappointed. As soon as I stopped using it my skin went back to normal.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by momto4monkeys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A nice inexpensive lotion for sensitive skin.I like that it feels light and smooth on my skin and is fragrance free.Too bad it doesn't have sunscreen because it would be a perfect weightless lotion for summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by urbelis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Does anyone know where to get this product online??!! I have looked EVERYWHERE. I live in the US but would be willing to order from someone in Canada. HELP!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by tiffladines

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad they didn't discontinue this product in Canada. I used this moisturizer a couple of years ago, but for some reason, I just stopped buying it. It's not because I hated it, it's because I just like trying out new things. Due to this, I broke out terribly from other moisturizers because my skin is still very sensitive. I went back to this recently and my skin is pimple free, it feels super soft, looks well hydrated, and most of all, it doesn't look greasy. It's excellent for prepping my skin for liquid foundation in the morning, and it is also light enough to use at bedtime. I highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by caramia6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Great basic lotion for sensitive skin! I use this lotion alone or I add it to my sunscreen or retinol cream for ease of application and added moisture. Very sad it was d/c in the US but as mentioned it is still available online.