November 23, 2014 | 1556 users online

Moisturizers - Dove - Sensitive Essentials Night Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by moobaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Four years post-accutane, while still clear, I decided to try a night cream for my skin that's starting to turn dry, and I found this highly-rated 'sensitive' formula... I don't know if it's just me, but w/in 48 hours of using this, I got a moderately large pimple on one of my dry cheeks. I stopped using it until my skin cleared again, and to be sure, I tried it a second time -- gave me another pimple an inch from the previous, already dry one. Within 48 hours the dry one started to form a bump, and I had 2 pustules on my cheek.

It might have been hormonal, but I'm no longer willing to risk it. It was too bad 'cause my face seemed to 'glow' the morning after use. Plus I got it for only cad$6. Might have been too heavy for me... I'm now using Olay Classic Sensitive Lotion which, so far, has not given me any problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by amazonqt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love it!! I notice a difference in my skin in the morning! It glows!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Melanar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

Finally found this product, when I wasn't even looking for it :) It's the new version of 'course, but I've heard that the "Essentials" line is the same and the "Deep Moisture?".

I have sensitive, dry & eczema prone skin. My dry patches began to diminish after 1 night and my skin feels smooth and looks hydrated. It's been a week now and I believe this is HG status. I tried using it as a day cream, but I think my skin prefers it during the night. This has made a huge difference in the appearance of my skin. I don't have the "glow" yet, but my skin is really transforming. I pretty much don't have to conceal anymore. Strangely, redness has gone down, dry patches are occurring less and my skin feels/looks smooth. No breakouts at all and I love it!!

It's so cheap and dove IS a brand that is recommended by dermatologists for sensitive skin types.

EDIT: Okay, after a week or two, the product stopped working forwards, my skin went back to stage 1. Bunch of red blotchy spots were still VERY visible and dry patches couldn't be helped without exfoliation. This keeps dry skin at bay, but just doesn't improve skin in the long run. Only if you need a quick-fix that's cheap, try it~

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2008 11:22:00 PM More reviews by springstina

I read in Paula Begoun's book that this moisturizer had a very sophisticated formulation, yadda yadda yadda, and while I agree that it's a good product for the price (and I generally love Dove), this just didn't do anything for me. I didn't find it particularly moisturizing for a night cream, and it felt kind of silicone-like on my skin. It also smells like crayons to me. Ugh. I had a decent month-long run with this product, but it just didn't do anything for me. It didn't help when my skin got dry, and it didn't do much to calm any redness.
Wanted to like it, but it was just average. Didn't cause any major breakouts, which is to be commended, but it just didn't impress me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2007 12:05:00 PM More reviews by merlotmom

This stuff is good for sensitive skin, but for a night cream, I don't find it nearly moisturizing enough. Maybe for summer nights, but in this frigid Canadian winter, I need more moisture...a lot more!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 3:51:00 PM More reviews by kerish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I normally have a problem with face products irritating my skin.This works for me perfectly..no fragrance to irritate my sinuses.I can feel my face sigh everytime i apply.The container also keeps this product at its best until the last drop. Glass keeps the nutrients stable. I like aplying my cream when my face is still damp but this works perfectly also on a dry face.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by deliakitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVED the original verison of this product. I really thought I found a nice moisturizer that wouldn't irritate my sensitive, flare prone skin. This new version doesn't blends as well and it is not nearly as moisturizing or easy to use. I think the lotion version is bad as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2006 10:27:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

I bought this to use around my eyes. I have been using the lotion one, but I figured I might need something more creamy for my eye areas. So I got this, but it's not any creamier than the lotion version. In fact, it's so light, I couldn't even tell the difference between the cream and the lotion version. For reference, I have oily skin and have no problem with the lotion version for all over my face. Since I get more products in the lotion version, I'll stick to it in the future. The performance is the same in my experience. Really great! The glass packaging is very nice, but not hygenic since you have to dip your fingers in. Since this cream is paraben-free (preservatives) it does go bad very fast! You'll be able to tell because you'll detect a rusty, leafy scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2006 11:46:00 AM More reviews by chobit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

hmmm.. like the other reviewers, i loved this to begin with. the cream was very rich, even good enough for winter nights. however, i noticed that it started to break out small red bumps on my chin and around my nose... sniff.. i love this too. i have the day lotion and that one doesnt break me out...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2006 1:42:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used two jars of this before I couldn't find it anywhere.I use to get it at Big Lots but then they also stopped carrying it. I think they discontinued it! It was pretty good at moisturizing. It did leave my skin quite shinny but usually I didn't mind it. My skin is acne prone but this didn't make me break out. I have moved on but would purchase it if it was cheap. I didn't like the packaging though!