July 30, 2014 | 1425 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by shibee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the shade of this lipstick, but I was a little disappointed on how long it lasted. If I paid for a MAC lipstick, I want it to last. If I'm sipping on a drink on a night out, it's gone within a few hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by kira1999

I love this lipstick! So red, it lasts a long time. Since the undertone is bluish, it makes my teeth look whiter too! The only reason I didn't give it a five is because it is a matte finish which really dried out my lips unfortunately. Overall, great lipstick :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Makeuplover95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is excellent! The colour is lovely, and it is easier to apply than ruby woo and there is more moisture on your lips! Lovely mate finish, I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by sammarshmallow

My all time favourite red lippy. Very pigmented, glides on smoothly, classic matte finish.
My only complaint about this product is that because it is a matte lipstick, it can be drying over time. I'm a flight attendant so under normal work conditions/hours, it will dry out my lips and make it look unattractrively flakey, so I tend to not wear this lipstick for work. But for a night out, it's definitely my one-and-only!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by UrsiG

I'm not as crazy over this lipstick as I am over Ruby Woo. I'm still trying to figure out if its too bright for me or not but I will give it another chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by starla07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The ULTIMATE bluish red. This was Madonna's go-to shade on the Blonde Ambition tour of 1990 (google image search for the Gaultier-amazingness of it all). This lippie ain't playing around - you'll need to moisturise your lips beforehand. It looks great on pale skin and makes teeth look whiter.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I picked this up Two years back and since then it's my go to red. it's a vintage, old hollywood glamour TRUE RED that lasts on your lips for 6 hrs easy.

Now although the finish is "almost" matted this lipstick is on the cremer side so it applies nicely (for anyone that's tried ruby woo this one is nothing like it when applying!) and more forgiving of dry lips then the typical full on matte lipsticks. very pigmented too.

the one con I can think of is that because the formela is on the creamy side a bit you'll have to careful not to get it on your clothes when changing, things will get messy and because this is a bright red it'll show!

I'm an NC15 so both cool toned and very pale, sometimes this red feels like too much on me and more of an evening colour, still when I do wear it during the day even on it's own it's enough to turn heads :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by louloulemon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Being timid of wearing red for the longest time I finally decided to take the plunge and go for it. This is the absolute best colour, very pigmented and suits every skin tone. Really love this MAC lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by SecondCityPrincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Just quite simply the best red lipstick I've ever had. Lasts 8hrs plus, only seems to come off with food but lasts through many drinks. Perfect for all skin types. A really nice, vintage, true red. My problem with many mattes is that unless your lips are perfectly smooth they gather round creases etc. but no such problem here, goes on brilliantly either directly or with a brush. I've bought many cheaper lipsticks in an attempt to get the perfect red I've always wanted, and I've bought more expensive ones too but this is the best and it's worth every penny. I'd pay three times the price for it's look, it's feel, it's durability and it's staying power. I always wanted a red lipstick that I could wear with no other make up whatsoever. My skin is medium fair and my lashes and brows are light brown so this was a tall order, but I feel comfortable wearing this with nothing else but moisturiser on my face. I have a lot of redness in my face and the intensity of Russian Red's pigment just seems to blow all the unwanted redness away yet at the same time it looks great with a bit of blusher. Just fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Deedianne

Russian red is a beautiful, classy colour! I love it's pigmentation and ease of gliding it on my lips! In comparison to the other reds I own mac red, ruby woo and lady danger, rr is a lot smoother than ruby woo but very similar in colour. Just a tad darker on my lips. Mac red is also similar but because rr is matte so there is minimum shine while mac red is satin so comes across glossier. The longevity is around 4-5 hours but if you eat greasy oily meals expect it to be around 2-3 hours. Overall rr was my first red and it lasted me over two years before I replaced it.