December 22, 2014 | 1330 users online

Fragrances - Parfums de Coeur - Vanilla Fantasy

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

This (& Cotton Candy Fantasy) is my fave offering from the Body Fantasy line. I always think more is more when I wear this so I wear a liberal amount of the spray. This isn't as good as VS Vanilla Lace!! It's not quite as boozy sweet as the VS. I knew some1 whom wore this & it smelled better on her than me I think; it smelled terrific on her so that's why I bought it. I will always keep a bottle of this around for nostalgia sake, but I really like this scent because I like *everything* vanilla. This scent is forgettable but pleasant....ppl aren't gonna run up to you demanding to know what perfume you are wearing. It's a generic vanilla. I like this but don't love it. Meh... :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It can be incredibly hard for perfumers-- whether high-end or low-end-- to accurately capture single notes such as rose, gardenia...or vanilla. This little body spray hits VANILLA like nothing else on the market. It isn't too sharp, or too sugary, or too floral, or too burnt, or too boozy. It's just pure vanilla extract for the body. Hits all the right opioid receptors, and just smells great all day long. Like a fantastic candle or a luscious baked good. Definitely a favorite of men, and appropriate for all ages.

I do agree with the reviewer below who notes a difference since Parfums de Coeur switched to the new, plainer packaging. (How I miss those corny old bottles with the dancing-fairies caps!) The reformulation is the same scent, but weaker. I now have to spray 5-10 times, including my clothes, and then refresh 2-3 times a day to keep the vibe going. However, I'm hooked, so that's what I'm gonna do!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Alywilson95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been my signature scent for years now, started using it sixth grade and i'm a college freshman now. It has the most delicious vanilla scent too it, it's not too foody either, just a pure vanilla with a hint of musk, I LOVE it so much. Unfortunately, after remodeling their packaging the quality of this product went waaayyyy down. They changed the ingredients and the fragrance no longer last for more than 5 minutes, it was SERIOUSLY disappointing. Luckily I was able to stock up on the old formula on ebay. I seriously hope they go back to the old formula, it was sooooo much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Quartersnpaints7

Such a nice vanilla scent!! Smells EXACTLY like Vanilla Lace from Victorias Secret which is great because ive been wearing Vanilla Lace for years and its good to know theres something else that smells just like it and I dont have to drive all the way to the mall to get it! About $7 at Walmart or $8 at Walgreens... its a great buy and the cotton candy one smells really good too =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by idressyou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Full bodied vanilla that is a near-dupe of VS Vanilla Lace. Both are linear, but have a depth and roundness that few vanilla based scents pull off. No Playdoh or rice, either. Great for layering and softening harsh or sharp fumes. A staple in my stash. If you like Vanilla Lace or L de Lolita, you'll most likely enjoy this vanilla. $7-ish at Walmart for a big bottle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

Smells like plastic vanilla!! So disgusting on me

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by mricci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ummm, I love this! It's so cheap and so good. It's a very gourmand vanilla - smells like freshly baked chocolate chip cookies (yum!). I love vanilla and have many other interpretations of it, but this one is my all-time fave!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

First of all, I hope that I'm reviewing the right product. Mine had super-cheesy packaging with green plastic fairies dancing around the cap.

This is the BEST vanilla body spray I have ever smelled. Warning: You may get an overwhelming number of compliments on how delicious you smell.

The only Canadian store I know of that sold this was Wal-Mart. I was heartbroken when they stopped carrying it. I tried every drugstore in town with no luck.

I've tried other brands of vanilla body spray like Calgon (eww) and Bodycology. Most of the other brands aim to smell like cupcake frosting vanilla, not sexy vanilla. I may have to import a truckload of this stuff from the U.S.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by TangyCandy

Wow, this is a GREAT vanilla scent. I too am a hardcore vanilla addict and all these years I was searching for the one. I think it's safe to say that I've finally found it!
This is a warm, yummy spray that smells like pure vanilla extract, not complicated at all. It's simply lovely! This is not a cupcake over- the- top- foody vanilla, it's cozy and inviting and I can see older women wearing it with no problem, as this is not a teeny scent.
Vanilla is definately my favorite scent and yet as other reviewers have already mentioned, it's so effing hard for perfume companies to even try and make a decent vanilla scent. There are many abominations out there such as BBW WVS that smells like burnt sugar and musk drizzled with alcohol and TBS new vanillas that smell like peach and rose! Save your money and time and go straight to this if you're looking for a true vanilla scent that smells like...VANILLA! I'd also like to add that this reminds me of the old and discontinued TBS vanilla perfume oil that I had a bottle of (circa 2000 I believe), just in case you're looking for something that comes close to that heavenly vanilla. ;)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Vanilla addict here. I can't believe it took me this long to find such a wonderful body spray. I bought this for $6.99 at Walgreens. The packaging is super blah, luckily what's inside is the complete opposite. If you just remove the cap and sniff it smells awful. In fact, even when I sprayed it on myself at first it smelled like sweet chewing tobacco, ick! Luckily, I gave it about 10 minutes and it smelled like sweet pure vanilla extract. It's not overly sweet though, it doesn't smell cheap. It lasts about 3-5 hours on me. My husband gave me a hug and said "When did you become a walking talking human vanilla candle?" Awesome! I love this stuff. :D

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No