October 24, 2014 | 1068 users online

Lip Gloss - TheBalm - Strawberry My Daquiri Tinted Gloss

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2007 11:31:00 PM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I threw one of these in my bag when going out after work (where we sell theBalm) one night, even though I'd never used it. Generally, I'm not really a lipgloss girl - I prefer stains and tinted balms - but I've actually used it quite a bit since then, which must mean it's pretty good! These glosses are semi-sticky. I like the feel of the balm shelter glosses a lot better, but they do not stay on nearly as long as the PMPs. Strawberry my Daquiri, along with the other in the PMP line, has a bit of menthol in it, which, along with the shimmer in the product, gives a plumping effect to the lips. I have to say, I much prefer this method of "plumping" to the evil sting of lip injection or lip venom. Strawberry my Daquiri is a nice soft red shade that looks like your lips but hotter, and works well on most everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by PineappleChick

I bought this because I liked the color and when I got home I realized that I had made a mistake with it. Luckily it looked good on my mom so it isn't like I wasted my money on it. The color was just a little too red for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by tatlicupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have big lips already; I ust needed something to plump up the lines in them. I put this stuff on and my lips got fluffy in an instant. I love it. It's a pigmented reddish with light shine. THe color is gorgeous - red berry with big shimmer that's not tacky. This is pigmented. It's not sticky like a juicy tube but not wickedly slippery like a Cargo gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by xoxrachel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Skin: cool toned NW15

Eyes: light brown

Hair: dark dyed red

Strawberry My Daquiri really shows up like a lipstick on me, a berry red color with shimmer. I like it alone or on top of TheBalm's Stainiac in Beauty Queen for a more dramatic, long lasting lip.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Karine04

Really love this gloss. It's a true red on my cool-toned PPP skin and pigmented lips. The texture isn't sticky and it smells tasty. There is no detectable taste. Quite long-lasting (if you're not eating or drinking anything! Otherwise, you will definitely have to reapply). I've paired this with a smoky eye for two holiday parties this season and have gotten many compliments.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2006 3:58:00 PM More reviews by epukis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

another great thebalm gloss. it is definitely red, and it definitely shows the color if put on excess on the lips. but if layered on lightly, it is a perfect slight red gloss that stays put.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2006 2:52:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite red lip gloss. It is a sheer deep dark shimmery red with a pink undertone, and it smells like sugared strawberries. It won't plump lips instantly, but the special ingredient palmitoyl oligopeptide will plump over time, several weeks. The texture feels smooth and soft and my lips feel lush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2005 12:40:00 PM More reviews by warriorofice

The funny thing about this gloss is that it is so dark and pigmented that on my pale skin it looks like lipstick! I don't mind, though. It's one of the best glosses I have used, I usually use it with Spike My Punch or DuWop Venom Gloss. It's a blood red (like when it's beginning to dry, yes I am aware that sounds rather morbid) with gold shimmeries that catch the light and are very flattering. No plumping I don't think, but a nice tingle. I've bought this twice and I will again when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2005 4:21:00 PM More reviews by pixievixen

i have the straberry my daquiri, which is a gorgeous shimmery deep red. the scent is nice & light (i can't handle gooey food scents), and i totally dig the tingle. i don't buy the whole plumping gloss thing, but i have full lips so i wasn't concerned. i didn't notice any change in lip size anyway heh. my only complaint is that it does seem to travel a bit. i wear lipliner so it's not a huge issue, but in a few years & a few more creases it could be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2004 3:30:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

This is one of the few red shades I can wear. A beautiful sheer red gloss with a touch of gold shimmer to it. Feels really great on. Makes my lips feel cool and they tingle. Smells and tastes like nice sweet strawberries. I definitely recommend trying this shade out!