October 30, 2014 | 1611 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

Warm Vanilla Sugar is one of my favourite scents from Bath & Body Works. I bought my bottle for $10.50, but now I see that it's $12.50. This lotion is quite warmóit's an autumn/winter scent & to me, it literally smells like sugar & vanilla bean. Something I really love is that it smells like real sugar cookies & not artificial. It's true & not overly sweet. If you're a vanilla lover like me, you'll be mad about Warm Vanilla Sugar. This isn't overpowering, but I wouldn't wear it every day. The fragrance & moisturizing is actually so nice, I don't need to! My favourite time to wear it is when I get out of the shower at nighttime.

Note: it turns out I have the "old" Warm Vanilla Sugar which explains the price, packaging, & formula; several reviewers prefer the older formula to the newer/changed one

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I've been using this stuff on and off since middle school and I still love it. I think pretty much everyone is familiar with this scent -- brown sugar and vanilla, obviously -- so I won't go into too much detail. The scent to me is really warm and cozy and I tend to use this more in the fall/winter months. I like that this is a lotion I can use both before bed and during the day. Some lotions I have are too overpowering to use at night, but I love using this and then crawling into bed. I don't think this smells plastic-y or artificial at all (but I do find that the body mist smells a little off), and I really like that the scent lasts on my skin for several hours.
I love the formula of the B&BW body lotions. My skin really isn't dry at all but I do like to use lotion to make it a little bit softer and smoother. This absorbs pretty quickly and leaves my skin super soft and silky feeling all day. Thicker body lotions and body butters tend to leave me feeling too greasy, so this is perfect for me.
Even though I feel like this scent is super popular and a lot of people wear it, I still get lots of compliments when I have this on. I'll definitely continue to repurchase this lotion!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by kjmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love Bath and Body Works Semi Annual Sale and find myself in there more times than a person who drank the water on vacation they were advised against has to run to the bathroom. Perhaps not a great analogy since we're talking fragrance here, but I must say this lotion is a sad, sad imposter for the tried and true Warm Vanilla Sugar I once knew. I had been warned by many reviewers not to bother but once I entered the store my head swam with sights of 75% off and I giddily put this into my bag. It was far less than the "new and improved" lotion and the SA assured me it was the same, only cheaper! Sold! Why didn't I try it out before I bought? I can never smell more than a few scents at a time and was on olfactory overload. At home, with my sense of smell back in full working order I lotioned up my hands and arm. Ew! Yuck! This stuff smells nothing like the FFM or the regularly priced body cream. It is also sticky. What is wrong with this stuff? And did Bath and Body Works know about it and knowingly try to pass this off as something worthy of my hard earned dollars? Congessional hearings and trials must proceed. Did they know- and proceed to put on the shelves for unwitting consumers to lotion up with stinky, sticky imposter junk? This is an outrage! I am off to find my reciept! On sale or not, this is NOT worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by beautylover212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scent!!! I love Bath And Body Works in general but this scent is such a warm, pleasant scent I love it so much. It smells like vanilla sugar cookies!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by jennc91

PIcked this baby up at the semi annual sale. They had the "past season" bottles on sale for 50% off so i went for it. Why spend money on the newer bottle design when the old is on sale? Well let me start off by saying that I've always loved this scent but never bought it before. (dont ask me why lol) & im in love. This scent is so calming to me. I love putting it on before bed. People always talk about the old formula being better, but I don't recall smelling it. Can imagine this smelling even better :P The best vanilla sugar scent i've smelled so far. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Rowdysmomma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those scents I've wanted to love forever and have tried to force myself to love, but it just has such a weird burnt plastic dry down and does not work well with my chemistry. It always ends up smelling sour on my skin. It has all the components of a lotion I normally love (sweet, gourmand vanilla), but even in the bottle something is a little off. I've purchased it on numerous occasions, wishing for different results, but it's time I give up as there are plenty of more wearable vanillas from BBS (VBN, for instance). The lotion itself is a great consistency though, light and just the right amount of thickness to still feel moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is an awesome scent. It smells like brown sugar and vanilla. It's very nice. Lotion form is nice light and silky.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by PinkBay

This product smells absolutely delightful and the cost is very reasonable. I would not buy this product again though because I broke out in a rash every time I used it. I loved the smell so much that I thought maybe it was something I ate and kept trying it again but no luck, it was indeed the lotion. It was likely an allergy as it made me feel as if my chest was caving in. I do not suggest this product if you are sensitive to scents. I don't know what they put in it, but it is too strong. Nice texture though :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by nfa160

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read all the ladies' reviews for Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar before I decided to buy it. The reviews were amazing, I thought I was going to smell an amazing sweet vanilla scent and have my mouth water as a result. I opened the package from Amazon that I received, tore off the plastic tape over the cap. Squeezed a fair amount into my hands and smelled. Yuck! It was Shea Butter and some other smell. Nowhere was this close to Vanilla. What are you all thinking of when you wrote these reviews! I recommend this product to no one! Please do not waste your cash over this. Till now the best vanilla product I purchased so far was Body Shop Vanilla Body Lotion (not the Madagascar Vanilla new range!). The Body Shop product lasts for hours and men that pass by me really want a taste ;-) But, this strange, repulsive smell I bought from Bath & Body Works was terrible. It is not Vanilla. As for the moisturizing quality, it is slightly sticky after you put it! You are better off buying Dove Vanilla and Shea Butter Body Lotion for 2£ over the shelf, than buy this. I also tried Giovanni Hazelnut Vanilla body lotion, it was far better than this product. Although G's product was more about the Hazelnut scent, the moisturizing quality was amazing, I just wanted to keep touching myself...you'd feel great. No more Bath and Body Works products ever ever ever agaaaaiiiinnnnnn!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

This is one of the scents at BBW that you'd think would be so played out, and people would be sick of it. But no. It's a classic! I mean, I'm so old school when it comes to BBW that I remember when this came out - but I digress, lol. It's such a warm and inviting fragrance and the scent lasts through the whole day. The lotion is so moisturizing too! I never get tired of this stuff!