April 16, 2014 | 970 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Rowdysmomma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those scents I've wanted to love forever and have tried to force myself to love, but it just has such a weird burnt plastic dry down and does not work well with my chemistry. It always ends up smelling sour on my skin. It has all the components of a lotion I normally love (sweet, gourmand vanilla), but even in the bottle something is a little off. I've purchased it on numerous occasions, wishing for different results, but it's time I give up as there are plenty of more wearable vanillas from BBS (VBN, for instance). The lotion itself is a great consistency though, light and just the right amount of thickness to still feel moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is an awesome scent. It smells like brown sugar and vanilla. It's very nice. Lotion form is nice light and silky.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by PinkBay

This product smells absolutely delightful and the cost is very reasonable. I would not buy this product again though because I broke out in a rash every time I used it. I loved the smell so much that I thought maybe it was something I ate and kept trying it again but no luck, it was indeed the lotion. It was likely an allergy as it made me feel as if my chest was caving in. I do not suggest this product if you are sensitive to scents. I don't know what they put in it, but it is too strong. Nice texture though :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by nfa160

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read all the ladies' reviews for Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar before I decided to buy it. The reviews were amazing, I thought I was going to smell an amazing sweet vanilla scent and have my mouth water as a result. I opened the package from Amazon that I received, tore off the plastic tape over the cap. Squeezed a fair amount into my hands and smelled. Yuck! It was Shea Butter and some other smell. Nowhere was this close to Vanilla. What are you all thinking of when you wrote these reviews! I recommend this product to no one! Please do not waste your cash over this. Till now the best vanilla product I purchased so far was Body Shop Vanilla Body Lotion (not the Madagascar Vanilla new range!). The Body Shop product lasts for hours and men that pass by me really want a taste ;-) But, this strange, repulsive smell I bought from Bath & Body Works was terrible. It is not Vanilla. As for the moisturizing quality, it is slightly sticky after you put it! You are better off buying Dove Vanilla and Shea Butter Body Lotion for 2£ over the shelf, than buy this. I also tried Giovanni Hazelnut Vanilla body lotion, it was far better than this product. Although G's product was more about the Hazelnut scent, the moisturizing quality was amazing, I just wanted to keep touching myself...you'd feel great. No more Bath and Body Works products ever ever ever agaaaaiiiinnnnnn!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

This is one of the scents at BBW that you'd think would be so played out, and people would be sick of it. But no. It's a classic! I mean, I'm so old school when it comes to BBW that I remember when this came out - but I digress, lol. It's such a warm and inviting fragrance and the scent lasts through the whole day. The lotion is so moisturizing too! I never get tired of this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by ASPERGIRL

I like these kind of scents. This one is like a cinnamon roll. It is perfect for Winter time and at Christmas parties and Christmas morning. Maybe even Thanksgiving. These lotions have awesome fragrances that last a long time on my fair normal skin. Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

I like this scent. I didn't for awhile... but then a co-worker of mine came back from Costa Rica with a great tan and wearing this scent. And for some reason, I immediatley had a whole other view of it. I think it's sexy and a bit of a 'good girl bad girl' scent. Men also love vanilla and seem to really notice when I wear this scent. I wear this all year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This, along with Japanese cherry blossom, are my two favorite Bath and Body Works lotions. I can't get enough of this stuff! Absolutely amazing scent. The name is very fitting. It's a strong vanilla scent with some florals in the mix. I also own the shower gel and body spray. The great thing is that Bath and Body Works always has sales so you can pick this up for a bargain. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by SarahLee0465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my goodness, this smells sooo good!! The formula isn't too thick nor is it too light, it's perfect! The smell, well it's fantastic! I paid around 11$ Canadian for mine. The packaging is nice not too fancy or anything. Over all great product. The smell stay on your body for a LONG time! So if your sensitive to smell a little goes a long way, I guess.
- Sarah

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smell brings back so many memories :)
Am I the only one who actually doesn't mind the "new formula"? To be honest I've never smelled the old formula, so I can't compare.
Yeah, it has a slight plasticy scent, but it's delicate enough that it gets mixed in with the vanilla sugar. This is such a warm, comforting scent that lasts for quite a while.
It's not the most moisturizing lotion I've ever used, but it still does a pretty good job. Great for the price. Bath and Body Works have the best smelling products <3