Urban Decay Kiddie Pool

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/23/2011 10:31:00 AM

OK, I can't resist anything shimmery or blue (against my better judgement), so I had to own this. It's ok, but pales in comparison to other e/s.

The glitter fallout was incredible. Once I applied this, even over a primer, I had more glitter on my cheeks than I did on my eyelids, which was a big disappointment. I tried applying this wet and didn't get any more glitter on my lids, but it did intensify the blue color.

Sorry, but this wasn't a good buy for me.

on 11/6/2010 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

One of my favorite shades. This shade was in my sustainable shadow box and its one of my favorites. I pair it with chopper, YDK or Smog. And it looks great on my dark skin.

on 4/22/2010 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a beautiful Cinderella-blue color that's included in the Sustainable Shadow Box palette ($36). I tried wearing this without a primer, and the color went on very sheer and faded very fast. (I do have oily lids, so that was probably the culprit) Over UDPP, Kiddie Pool is a vibrant and pretty blue that is easily buildable and blendable. I don't experience any terrible fallout with the glitter, unlike some of UD's other glitter-filled eyeshadows (Grifter, Uzi), which is a good thing. It makes my brown eyes pop and makes the whites of my eyes look more white. Will definitely purchase a single of this when I run out.

on 2/4/2010 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Kiddie Pool is one of the few blues I actually like. It's not over the top and it can go from light to medium if you wet it. Lasts all day w/ UDPP.

on 7/29/2008 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this shadow from Urban Decay online and girls, this shadow is gorgeous! Imagine a sparkling Caribbean sea blue with little bits of iridescent glitter shining through. The texture goes on smoothly and the payoff is intense. The shadow is dense and not at all wimpy. The blue is just divine and the glitter is not too over the top. The level of fallout is minimal but if I happens, I use a MAC powder brush to flick it off.
I wear this shadow on my lids and then put MAC Mylar on my highlight. Then I use UD's Glitter Eyeliner in Glam Rock on top of my MAC Point Black Liquid Last Liner. I feel so Velma Von Tussell (Michelle Pfeiffer) in Hairspray!
Also, this shadow is from their Vegan Line! UD is making shadows, liners, powders, lipsticks, and lipliners now animal product free! No lanolin, no beeswax and no carmine! Yes!

I love this eyeshadow. It's a gorgeous blue with loads of glitter! It works well as an eyeshadow but I also think it works really well as an eyeliner. Put it on dry for an everyday look or wet for a more dramatic one! Goes on well and is easily blendable.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

On first glance Kiddie Pool eyeshadow by Urban Decay looked a little unwearable for me. It is not quite dark or light in the pan so I couldn't figure out whether it would work for me. Based upon swatching it alone I wouln't have thought it would be that special but I love blue eyeshadow!

The initial application was a little tricky after I stroked my brush across the top and noticed the shimmer (not quite glitter but more than just shimmer) I actually thought I amy not be able to wear this shade. I did anyway and found that I don't own another shade like it - not even close.

I couldn't stop looking at my eyes. This blended in really well (UDPP first and used MAC brushes) I used it as the outer V and partial crease color with Half Baked on the inner corners and inner lid - also a little Ricepaper by MAC as the highlight. After I was done blending I re-applied a little heavier in the crease to pop the color. My brown eyes look angelic with this color combo.

I gave this five stars because if you love blue you should really have this color. I can't wait to try blending some of my lighter blues into darker blues with this color too!

If you see this in the store and are put off by the glittery appearence try to have it applied on you first it looks different on.

on 8/21/2007 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Beautiful ocean blue with glitter. This is very pretty and a fun color. It is bright and cheery. The quality is great. I had no trouble w/glitter fall out. I paired this w/Mac's Lovebud in the cream and WnW cream eye shadow for a highlighter and WnW blue sparkle liquid eyeliner. It was a fun combo. I would definitely purchase again.

on 5/12/2007 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Although I probably won't have to buy it again because Urban Decay shadows last forever!!

I love this rich, ocean blue with the subtle pink sparkle. It is very versitle. Depending on what sort of brush you use, you can make your effect dramatic or delicately pretty.

It goes on smooth and even and lasts so-o-o-o long. I think it's a great color for dark eyes. I have actually used it all over with a deep denim blue in the crease and kept my lips and the rest of my face very neutral. ( This was a night-time look of course).

This is not an everyday color for me but a fun, fabulous and festive color.

I don't think I would buy this again. I'm actually kind of nervous to buy more of the shadow's. I've bought this, Mildew and Crash. It just seems like you have to realllly layer the color to get a lot of pigment.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products