Bourjois Pump Up The Volume

3.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the green color and I just love it. It gives my lashes length and you can really see the green on my lashes. I like the size of the brush. My only con is the mascara does have an odd smell to it. It's still one of my favorite mascaras and I've been using it for a few years.

on 6/2/2009 9:35:00 AM

I loved this and was able to achieve the "false lash" effect with this one. One coat was all I needed for beautiful fluttery lashes and a beautiful "wide-awake" eye! I find that it did require a bit of reworking....I always brushed through with a clean mascara wand after application. If I skipped this step, forget it!

Maybe if the formula had more silicone in it to combat its tendency to clump, it would get better reviews. A close second for me would be CG LashBlast, but I would definitely repurchase this one.

on 4/11/2009 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pump Up The Volume gives a nice every day look, but not the volume I would expect from its name.
The color I got (prune balconnet) is beautiful - but after a few uses the mascara began drying and got clumpy. Will not repurchase.

on 2/9/2009 3:54:00 AM

I too, am surprised at the negative reviews. I am asian and I have tiny thin lashes....but not when I am wearing this mascara, I don't! =) I am soooo in love with this mascara that I buy 3 everytime I find a Sephora that carries it. I dont know how others use it, but this is how I use it.

1. Apply 1 coat. Let it dry(waterproof formulas dry quickly).
2. Use a slicone padded eyelash curler to curl them (slicone pad doesn't make lashes stick to the curler and pull them off).
3. Then I apply it about 4-5 more times... it's a few more coats than others, but hey, I dont have any lashes.

In my profile picture, I am wearing this mascara and am not wearing any fake ones. Not too shabby right? For $13...it's dirt cheap for what it does. Even the $20-something "Diorshow" couldn't touch this mascara! Try it!

I'm surprised this is getting so many negative reviews. I haven't used it in about a year, but I quite liked it when I did. I did, however, find that it seemed to dry out a bit quickly. But I liked the wand and formula, I didn't have a problem with flaking, and it washed off easily. It's very reasonably priced. I preferred this over MAC's Zoom Lash (which I'm using now but really don't like).

Pump up the Volume actually boosts my tiny eyelashes into something thick, black, longer, and curled. Strangely this mascara doesn't smell for me. I also enjoy using the big, but not too huge brush to perfectly layer on a coat or two. I get big fluttery lashes with Bourjois Pump up the Volume. Seems that me and a few are in the minority, but this is definitely a HG. Will be purchasing it, but it's hard to find since Sephora took Bourjois off their main lines. =( Love this product! =)

on 12/2/2008 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Really don't like this mascara. It has an awful smell and it's very clumpy and once it dries it flakes off and sometimes takes my eye lashes away with it. Used it twice and threw it out. Thank God it was only AUD$3... but still I could have saved that towards something more useful.

This is a very strange mascara. It smells worse than anything I've ever put near my eyes, and the brush actually hurts. It is a very, very stiff brush with extremely hard bristles, and I can't imagine a way to use it without it causing pain and red, watery eyes. it doesn't really volumize either, but it does clump. a lot. I only used it once, and the cap cracked almost in half. I would never buy this again, thank God I was able to return it, or I'd still be mad about the money I wasted on it.

I really wanted to like this mascara. I love colored mascaras and I got this one in green. I did not like it at all. It smells funny, get clumpy, and made my eyes burn. I also think the brushes bristles on the brush are too far apart. Oh well...

on 3/7/2008 11:58:00 AM

I feel like most of the "volume" you get from this mascara was from the clumps. It also has a fragrance that not only smelled weird but is also totally unnecessary.

(I really hate how L'Oreal's Voluminous mascara is not available here. I'd like to try it.)

Top Rated Bourjois Products