December 19, 2014 | 866 users online

Gels/Soaps - Yardley - English Lavender Soap

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by EustaciaVye22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore Yardley soap. I checked it out on Amazon after I bought it and discovered they actually make a perfume of the lavender scent. Score! I'll be purchasing that, because I love love love the smell of this soap. Its a single-note, deep lavender scent that becomes even more fragrant as you lather. The lather is thick and luxurious-great for me because I lather up in the shower three or four times every time I bathe. Its moisturizing, but not overly so- you don't have that "buttery" feeling another reviewer described Dove as being. The Yardley soap collection goes for $1 a bar at my local Shop rite, so I like to stock up. I've read reviews that say the one manufactured in the USA smells differently from the one they make in the U.K. itself in scent, but I'm very pleased with the USA bars I've bought. My husband is a big fan of their Aloe and Cucumber bar. Despite my intense lathering, these bars last forever for me-two weeks or slightly more after every day intensive use. Highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Boobsicles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My boyfriend & I bought this together on a whim at our local grocery store. We were surprised at the quality of the brand. We use to use Dove but I hated how it didn't feel cleansing afterwards & was too moisturizing to the point that I felt "buttery". Gross. After switching to Yardley, I notice a more thorough cleanse & the fagrance is very delicate & pretty. I like the earthy tones & the lavender puts my mind at ease. I bought 12 more bars yesterday. I will keep buying more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know if I got a dud or what...I purchased this at Walgreens with very high hopes, as it smelled amazing in the packaging. But the bar has almost no scent, and the soap is extremely trying. Will just be using as a hand soap. Oh well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My mom had the liquid pump soad of Yardley English Lavender in her powder room circa 1977 - 1983. Nostalgic for me - a sweet single-note lavender scent. Also came in a lotion. Classic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just love Yardley soaps. I ESPECIALLY love the Lavender variety. I have lavender everything (Bronners, shampoo and conditioner, and deodorant) and I guess you could say I have come to know that a citrus-y lavender is my favorite. This is it. I wish they made this in perfume :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

All of the Yardley soaps are fragrant and luxurious, albeit it a bit drying ( use a good creamy lotion afterwards). I love to keep them on the bathroom counter and allow them to scent my restroom area. English lavender is perfect for night time showers or baths because the laverender scent really relaxes you. I buy several whenever I visit the DollarTree.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this one! What a great fresh, herbal scent. At our local fair in the summer there used to be a lady who sold fresh lavender by bulk, in sachets, etc. My Mom and I would have a field day buying up this stuff and making our own sachets for our own drawers or gifts. I could roll in it! LOL! It's a really nice little soap with a great scent. Yum! *sigh*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this soap as a two-pack at Big Lots for $1.00. I liked the lavender scent. The soap comes as a HUGE bar! I think one bar lasted me a little over a month. It is a little drying but nothing some lotion can't fix.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by NiteOwlGrl2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I got this soap for 60 cents. It smells sooo good. Just like lavender. It's so relaxing to use in the bath or shower. BUT it kind of leaves a waxy residue so idk I would just buy dove or something instead. Maybe use this as a hand soap not a body soap...!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of lavender and this soap has a very nice lavender scent. Very much there but not overwhelming. I use it in the shower and find it's great as an overall body soap though I wouldn't use anything perfumed on my face. I was amazed to find this in a dollar store and cheap to buy. Definitely would buy it again. In fact I bought 8 bars yesterday because it's so popular it's often sold out. This isn't the real English Yardley soap though. It says clearly on the box that it is made in the U.S. and I'll bet the formula is different. That's true with Pear's soap too which is now made in India if you can believe it.