Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream

3.5

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU, DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC/MYRISTIC/STEARIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ALEURITES MOLUCCANA (KUKUI) SEED OIL, MYRISTYL MYRISTATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ALGAE EXTRACT, CETYL PHOSPHATE, POLYPERFLUOROMETHYLISOPROPYL ETHER, CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY), ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL, ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM), LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER), JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE), RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CHOLESTEROL, LINOLEIC ACID, TREHALOSE, GLYCERIN, CAFFEINE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ACRYLAMIDES COPOLYMER, MYRISTYL LAURATE, PHYTANTRIOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL STEARATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, POLYSORBATE 20, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SORBITAN LAURATE, MYRISTYL ALCOHOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL LAURATE, GLYCINE, CARBOMER, HYDROXYPROLINE, PROLINE, SODIUM CARBOMER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL

This is an average moisturizer. It is actually very light weight and absorbs very quickly, so not greasy at all. Perfect for those with Normal to Oily skin, those with dry skin would be better off getting something from the Extra line. It contains extract of rosemary, lavender among others etc so it is fragrant though not intensely fragrant as are other moisturizer from the Bobbi Brown skin care line.

It is a nice thin layer to put under foundation, perfect before foundation stick as it isn't heavy at all and makes foundation application seamless. I am just bothered by the price as formula wise it doesn't contain anything significant, nor does it contain anything bad. Just an average moisturizer. The hydrating line in general is geared towards basic care, basic hydration which is what Bobbi always talks about if you meet her or see her interviews. Hydration.
This is partly true however hydration isn't everything. Skin can only hold so much moisture other wise it would be engorged and swollen and that would actually destroy the NMF balance.

Getting back to the product, your paying for brand name and packaging, it is jar packaged, looks beautiful but the formula is just average and you'd be better off with Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel or lotion, and that comes in pump or tube form. If you must use jar packaging use a spatula or cotton tip.

I received this as a gift, definitely wouldn't purchase it.

on 3/28/2015 6:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

As I've grown older, my complexion has become drier. I'm 41 now, and I've been looking for a bit more hydrating moisturizer. I settle on one for awhile, but I guess I haven't yet found my HG moisturizer. I tried this one from Bobbi Brown, and it feels nice and hydrating when I first apply it to my face. After a few minutes, it is completely absorbed. The smell of the product was pretty strong to me, very vegetal and botanical, and even seemed a little musty. I'm kind of sensitive to smells, and thought this could use a teeny bit of essential oil of Rosemary or something, just to get rid of the musty scent. My husband liked the smell, and said it reminded him of peonies, which I really didn't smell in this. I wish it had smelled like peonies to me!

With the rapid absorption of the moisturizer, I thought it would be a nice base for applying my Bobbi Brown BB Cream overtop, I proceeded to layer it on.

A few hours later, and I literally mean only two or three hours, my BB Cream looked like it was dissolving on my face! There were splotchy & mottled areas, as though the makeup had been wiped away. I'm not oily at all, so it had to be the moisturizer. I had to dart into the restroom at work during my lunch hour, and quickly do a revision of my makeup to get me through the rest of the day. I was annoyed, to say the least.

Since that disasterous day, I've restricted my use of this moisturizer to nighttime only. I find that it's not quite hydrating enough, so I've been layering some 100% pure Argan oil over it. I've grown more accustomed to the scent, and daresay I even like it a little bit now. As far as the product goes, I'd say this is more for normal and/or combination skin, but not for those of us with dry and/or flaky complexions. I would not repurchase this moisturizer.

on 3/25/2015 5:43:00 PM

This is a fab under makeup moisturizer for normal to dry skin. It provides a great base for foundation, and if you apply your makeup directly on top of this without waiting for it to sink in, you'll get a lovely, dewy finish.

on 11/17/2014 8:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Before I had an acne situation, my skin was definitely dry. I needed something very hydratating and almost innocuous, as I suffer from atopic dermatitis. The saleswoman from Bobbi Brown recommend me this moisturtizer and I gave it a try.

The final result is that I really liked this product. As everyone has said in here, it is definitely hydrating and it didn't do any harm to my "atopic" skin, so I'm overall happy with its results.

The only downside is the price (I can't say if it is overpriced in comparision with other moisturizer for dry skin, because I'm not using this kin of moisturizer these days as currently I have acne), and that it has a kind of "heavy" texture and it doesn't absorb quicky. It was such a nuisance to apply this before putting on make up! So it's more night appropiate, I think.

Overall, good product! I really recommend it to people with dry skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Needed to up my skincare routine since I just turned 40 and my skin has become quite dry and nothing had been working and it was difficult to find a moisturizer with no spf since that makes my face breakout.. Was taking a walk around Nordstrom and a very helpful sales girl asked me if I had any questions that lead her to suggest some Bobbi Brown products for me....
One being this moisturizer From the moment she put it on Good Lord my skin drank it in like no tomorrow.. Bought on the spot along with the Hydrating Tonic and Eye Cream...
Very Pricey well worth it though.. Will have to see how my sensitive skin reacts to it but so far so good....

on 5/31/2014 10:23:00 AM

I have combination skin that is also sensitive. I'm not acne prone, but I do get red dry/itchy patches, especially if I'm not properly moisturizing my face. Ever since I started using this moisturizer a few weeks ago, I see a noticeable and positive change on my skin. The redness has gone down considerably, and it looks dewy and a lot more 'glowy'. A little bit goes a long way so I still have quite a bit left. I had been using Neutogrena's "Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin" for the longest time, but I never felt truly moisturized. Then I tried Clinique's "Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief" gel moisturizer for a few weeks, but it did nothing for my particular skin. Upon a recommendation from the BB representative at Sephora I got this - and I'm soooo glad I did! The ONLY thing I wish were different is the packaging - it would be nice to have a pump, instead of having to scoop it out. But that's just me nit-picking.

on 5/24/2014 11:30:00 PM

Ladies please help me out. I bought this because I was desperate and thought it would be ok. I don't really like it.

What do I use? What do I get?

I'm not really for a lot of chemicals on the face but if you really recommend it I will.

I have delicate white skin which gets quite dry and dehydrated - except for t zones.

I want to fix my skin's dryness without it feeling gooey and blocking my pores. Please help,

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have dry/normal combination skin and have tried all different moisturizers from all natural products to expensive department store brands. This is the only one that has not irritated my skin. It has softened my skin and decreased the redness I have in the area near my nose and mouth. I have been using this product for about one month and I am extremely happy with the results it has given me.

on 2/11/2013 11:19:00 PM

Hmm.. I think my skin doesn't take well to Bobbi Brown skin care products. Tried this along with the Hydrating Eye Cream and hated them both. The scent of this is really strong and chemical. While the cream seems to have a light texture, it is really greasy and sits on my skin long after application and doesn't get absorbed.

on 12/25/2012 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Love what this does for my 68 year old skin. My skin feels great and I love the compliments. Makeup goes on beautifully after using cream. Got samples at a BB counter several years ago ... now I can't live without it. For me, it is expensive but worth every penny. My skin is SO sensitive so it is a joy to have a product that works and doesn't irritate my skin.

Popular Moisturizers