September 19, 2014 | 1856 users online

Crème - Christian Dior - DiorSkin Eclat Doux Compact Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by kribil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Again it does not cover 100% evenly on places I use blemish treatments and because of that have very dry skin.
It is very creamy and powdery, quit thick. And because of that, I think, my mascara smears under the eye. This has never happened before.
And again the tone 100 Ivory is perfect to my porcelain skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2007 5:27:00 AM More reviews by patpatpat

This was recommended after the unsuitable EL Double Wear was removed. Thinking back now, maybe it was wrong to go from counter to counter looking for a foundation... because by the time Double Wear was taken off, my skin was dry and flaky and so the kind lady at the Dior counter immediately thought I had dry skin! This is way to moisturising for my skin and the lady applied it thickly like she was applying moisturiser! This is the wrong formula for me, I was shiny immediately and maybe 30 mins my face was already sticky, but the color match 300 is pretty good for NC30. So no, I still don't have a replacement for my Kanebo Cream Finish...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2006 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Pottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I never like cream foundation as I thought it will usually be cakey on the face. But this product proves me wrong. In fact, the cream slides on so well onto the face that it creates a very smooth finishing. The coverage is good too. Will definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2005 12:26:00 PM More reviews by marie66

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It gives wonderful coverage and the texture is gorgeous, but somehow it cakes so easily in my dry areas that it looks terribly unnatural on me...I would recommend it if you have mostly oily skin with you dry patches at all...and then you'd think a less "heavy" product would be preferable so...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2005 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Syrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As foundations go, this one is good. Normally I wouldn't buy a compact foundation (because most I've tried end up looking artificial), but this one really does go on my skin (which is dry) smoothly (but not greasily) and stays put all day. It doesn't slide off and it doesn't cake up. The color 202 Cameo is perfect for me, but I do have a lot of pink in my skin. When applied, the color doesn't look pink at all, but instead a medium-light beige tone. It seems to adjust somehow to light/ skintone. It really does react well with dry skin, keeping it neither greasy nor powdery. Me likey. Hopefully it will stay this way--I've only been using it a week. But that's longer than a lot of foundations I try. UPDATE 10/24/05: Now that's it gotten colder, and my skin that much drier, this isn't sitting so well. It seems to make the dryness worse. Oh well. The color's still good though. But just not moisturizing at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2004 11:11:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a cream-to-powder foundation for normal to dry skin, oil-free, with shea butter to add softness. But, hey, it's not very blendable and the texture is quite thick, heavy to spread (btw the sponge in it is horrible). Surprisingly, it is quite sheer on the face and I've been expected at least a medium coverage! So, it doesn't cover freckles or discolorations, plus I don't feel comfortable with this on my face: it is kind of sticky and leaves a slightly shiny film which I hate. I'm afraid that it accentuates every pore instead of hiding them. I would not repurchase.
P.S: It has SPF 20 - that's nice!

*****UPDATE: I'm adding one lippie here - it is not that bad... I've noticed that it looks quite nice under artificial light! I still think that it is not very blendable and generally I don't like it (I've worn it maybe 3-4 times so far) but I have to admit that it looks better than I've expected. Probably it is much better choice for young skins. Pigments in all Dior's foundations are very skin & light adjustable but I can't find a perfect colour for me: I have it in 202 which is too pink for me (and 200 is too yellow - I need something cool toned, but more neutral). Can't help it, the next colour 300 is far too dark and absolutely too yellow. So, I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2004 11:50:00 AM More reviews by kebabster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have just bought this foundation for my wedding day. I am wearing it on one side of my face with the Instant Ultra-Smoothing Fluid as a base and it looks amazing. The other side without the "fluid" looks great too.

Great coverage without being mask like but also has a soft dewy finish. Seems to be long-lasting too.

My skin type is normal/dry and this product really suits me. If it weren't for the price (£25) I would like to be able to use this as my foundation every day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2004 8:37:00 PM More reviews by brianx

Eclat Doux is the new cream-to-powder foundation in the DiorSkin line, and it has become my favorite! At first, it is very soft and creamy, and once it touches the skin turns to a soft powder that delivers a very natural-looking semi-matte finish. It sets instantly and lasts all day. Very moisturizing, but great for all skin types. The packaging is a lot like MAC's Studio Fix: a sleek compact with a section for the foundation pan that flips up to reveal the sponge underneath it. My only gripe about this foundation is that it is rather HEAVILY perfumed. If you can't stand fragrance and this foundation still persists to bother you, spray it in the eyes with mace and run in the opposite direction.