April 17, 2014 | 1934 users online

Brows - MAC - Eyebrows Crayon (Stud)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by 4patti

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Long time staple in my makeup regimen. As a dark brunette, this crayon deepens my brows back to my desired shade. If you are heavy handed with it, yes, the results will be unfortunate. However, with light penciled strokes and a grooming both before and after this product give a beautiful and very natural result. The only issue I had to work out initially was what powder shade to pair it with as I don't use it exclusively and always set a cream for longer staying power (I went with an Anastasia shade). Stud is not slippery on its own, however; it doesn't skip during application, and I don't have to push hard to get color payoff either. I like it for filling in pesky less than full spots and wear it every day, primarily for getting the perfect soft (after spoolie brushed out) outline. I can't be without it and have just run out, which took me a very long time (over a yr.), so I consider it an excellent value. No issues either with its retractable tip drying out or breaking off, which in itself is a godsend. I'll be back2MAC-ing the tube later and picking up a new one right away.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by nadoosh

Excellent product. I naturally have thick black brown brows and this eye pencil is great for quickly filling in the sparse areas. Definitely a must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by shuaia3000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a staple in my daily m/u routine. i have extremely fine body hair which means that my eyebrows are fine; so fine that i got my eyebrows tattooed (best decision ever!). these days i like to wear my brows a little thicker so the mac stud crayon is perfect for getting the job done. now, i do like to add just a little brow powder on top then i set it w/model in a bottle long lasting eye brow setter & my brows won't budge or smudge.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

For some reason I kept re-purchasing this eyebrow crayon at Mac every time I ran out of it. I have thick eyebrows, I brush them upwards (like runway model brows) and I like the use some pencil where my brows are sparse. First of all, this isn't even the right shade for me, but yet it is the darkest eyebrow pencil that Mac has. I am NC15 with very dark brunette hair, not quite black, but dark. This eyebrow pencil stood out in my eyebrows and did not blend nicely. Furthermore, this pencil has NO staying power. All seasons around, this eyebrow pencil doesn't last more than a few hours before you need to use it again. I switched to Chanel's eyebrow pencil, which was only $5 more, and they have my colour (it's like a soft black) and the staying power is AMAZING for the Chanel one. Also, a tip, don't use Mac's eyebrow gel, it's awful! Use Anastasia's, it can be found at Sephora. As much as I love Mac, their eyebrow products suck!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Kimmymmik

I wear this product every single day! I over plucked my eye brows as a teen and now Im suffering because of it. This product allows me to fill in and shape my eye brows and now I won't leave the house unless I'm wearing it.
I have very dark hair so this shade is perfect for me. I even have my sister addicted now (she wears a slightly lighter shade as her hair is lighter then mine).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by psily24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to brow pencil for about 8+ years now. I always try different brands, but always come back to this. Looks very natural and easy to apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by sel21

After reading the rave reviews for the pencil on here, I ran straight to the MAC counter and bought it right away. Unfortunately, this pencil was disappointing. My eyebrows used to be thick, but after years over plucking in the wrong places, I now have to fill in the upper half, which in my opinion is the most difficult area to fill in without it looking unnatural. I think what we're all ultimately looking for in an eyebrow pencil is something that looks as natural as possible. This pencil, like most other pencils I've tried (apart from maybe Shu Uemura) looked too harsh and obvious. I even tried applying the pencil to the tip of a slanted brush first, then brushing on, but still no luck. I think this may be good for ladies who want to fill in bare spots within the eyebrow itself, but for those like me who essentially have to draw the eyebrow on to nothing, this just doesn't work. I'm back to using powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been looking for an alternative to my Shu Uemura Stone Gray brow pencil which was discontinued some time ago.
Thanks to the wonderful MUA reviews, I discovered MAC's brow pencil. Stud is the perfect colour for my black brows and the trick is to 'dot' in the brows as opposed to drawing in strokes. That will create a harsh looking brow.
I dot my brows and then brush in the pencil with an old mascara wand for nice, full brows. I then use BB Slate e/s to set the pencil.
I find this combination helps my brows to last for most of the day. I tend to get somewhat oily during the day.
Plus I don't need to sharpen the pencil and it's cheaper than the Shu pencil. Bravo MAC!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Mariaisabeljc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a major staple! It keeps my eyebrow nice and polished without being too much or looking overdone. Very natural and thin strokes. You must get the correct shade to be this happy!! The makeup artist at MAC will help you

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by auee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thank you MAC for creating this brow pencil! I basically have no eyebrows (overplucked them a year ago) so a brow pencil is a must-have for me. I've tried lots of other pencils but the thing I hate about them is that it's SO hard to create a nice defining line with them! Those brow liners may be good for filling in gaps and making your eyebrows look fuller, but they're not so good if you have no eyebrows like me and want to create a nice shape. At least that's my experience. Anyway, the thing I like about this MAC pencil is that it's sharp and skinny, and I think that's important if you want to shape your eyebrows. I find that's it's easier to "mess up" if you have broader pencil.
Something that I've noticed is that this pencil goes on differently depending on my skin type. For example, when I'm at home, I have normal-dry skin, and it's REALLY easy to apply and create a nice line with this pencil. But when I'm out of the country and experience a climate change, my skin gets really oily and it's sooo hard to create the shape with it. (I hope this is just my experience and that you oily ladies haven't experienced this!) But of course skin care products and a primer can help that!
I'm saving up my money, so I have restricted my makeup-shopping. If I ever am in need of makeup, I just buy budget shadows, blush and lipgloss. But I cannot do that when it comes to brow pencils. It's soo hard to let go of this lovely pencil. I will ALWAYS use it until the day when I find something better.