October 22, 2014 | 1293 users online

Cleansers - Epicuren Discovery - Epicuren Citrus Herbal Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by sazzier

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the best cleanser I've used and I keep buying it.. I can see the difference in my face when using this cleanser.. that feeling that fresh skin is showing through..

It's all about how you apply it. Don't use it to remove makeup. You only need a tiny amount - a very small amount, then put a bit of water, and squish it a bit on your hands so it will foam up before applying to makeup-ridden face. Then apply it only for about 5-10 seconds. Then your face will feel very fresh and clean and glow but not dry.

If you use too much or you don't let it foam up on your hand first, or you let it sit on your face for too long, it will dry you out.. And it's unnecessary.

Then put some moisturizer afterwards. Your face will soak it all up. Hope this helps.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Lankaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well I've only been using this for a week and at first I thought it was great - cleansed my face throughly and removed all my makeup. After 3 days, my pores looked smaller - I thought this was a miracle and was thinking I may have come across the best cleanser ever!! Now I'm on day 6 ( twice a day every day) and my skin feels soooooooo dry. Tight. Itchy. DRY. I just slathered my face w dermalogica skin smoothing cream + skin hydrating booster and it still feels a bit irritated. I've never experienced this in my life. I'm super oily normally and I'd like less oil on my face - but tight and peeling and itchy?!? No thank you.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by sly822

I have used this off and on for years and have recently picked it up again. After using it for over 6 months now I've realized this is the cause of my irritated skin. Over the summer months it seemed to keep my skin clear but it is just too harsh for my sensitive skin despite being marketed otherwise. It caused severe break outs with bouts of dry patches. Really fun to try and cover.

I love epicuren but for how much it has gone up in price, a lot of the products are not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser, and I have tried a variety of Epicuren's cleansers; including the medicated acne cleanser, gel cleanser and apricot cleanser. For reference, I have combination skin, 27 yrs old. I love that this cleanser suds up, and takes off all of my makeup and oil. But it doesn't feel overly dry after. I immediately use Epicuren's facial emulsion after cleansing (morning and night). I also use their apricot scrub twice a week. Even though its expensive, as with all of Epicurens products, a little bit goes a long way. In my opinion, I have never used another wash and moisturizer that made my skin improve so much. The tone and color looks so much better, tiny lines are reduced. My skin just looks softer and brighter. Invest in your skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by tparker14

awesome cleanser! smells great and does the job! what more can you ask for.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2007 12:14:00 PM More reviews by tangerinetrunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the entire Epicuren Discovery line over 2 years. It's absolutely the best skin care line I've used. In the past I had major problematic skin. Now along with Epicuren, I use La Bella Donna cosmetics. I get strangers asking me about my glowing flawless skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by starspex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

this stuff really is too too drying!!girls, no matter how oily u think ur skin is, u do need a healthy amount to stop ur skin from drying out!!!this made my skin go ashy and tight, (even after generous application of the probiotic moisturiser) and i got mini dry 'bumps' ALL over my face !!horrible!!! i stopped using it once i worked out what it was doing to me and i've sent it back! im awaiting the arrival of an Epicuren cleanser far less harsh from my facialist, will keep you posted......

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2006 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Mamu1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find that this cleanser is very gentle, though never leaves me feeling *deeply cleansed* enough. As a result, I've been using it at night, on occasion, mainly to wash my eye makeup off (as it seems gentle enough for that area). It's not a bad product, however. I won't give up on it completely. (Not yet, at least.) :)

Update 5/3/07: I've continued using it just because there was plenty left in the bottle & I spent so much money. But I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2005 10:54:00 PM More reviews by andiebubbles

This stuff dried out even the oily parts of my combination skin. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2005 8:32:00 PM More reviews by CdeProphetis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is a great cleanser. It may seem a bit expensive but you really only need a small amount. The main reason I keep buying this is because of its small size and since I'm living out of a suitcase for large clumps of time, it fits perfectly in my bag. It truly does clean all the gunk off my face after a long day but it never overdries. Love it!