Parfums de Coeur Body Fantasies Cotton Candy

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Oh gosh, do not buy this product. First off I am by absolutely no means a fragrance connoisseur, in fact I tend to like quite childish sweet smells which is exactly why I bought this product. I had tried Sephora's strawberry perfume which btw, is absolutely gorgeous and smells exactly like Haribo Strawbs, but sadly is only available in France. I was told that this scent was a dupe for that which I stupidly believed. I'm disappointed as this crap cost me almost 10 altogether to get it shipped to the UK. Cotton candy this ain't. I can only describe the smell as...Strawberry Calpol, or that ghastly artificial strawberry penicillin the doctor used to give you as a child when you were sick. Everytime I spray this my family yells at me to stop because it seems to make everyone queasy! It smells sweet but not in a good way. The top note is an acrid raspberry syrup scent, with some weird unnecessary floral thrown in, and the base note is like burnt plastic rather than sugar. In fact, this smells EXACTLY like this cheap generic 99p body spray that my classmates used to buy from the pharmacy near my high school and drench themselves in after every gym class. That's exactly what it reminds me of: high school P.E. Not exactly something I want to be reminded of!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this body spray! The first initial spray smells bad, but don't let that fool you. Once it dries down it really does smell like sweet cotton candy. It's amazing. It's a very warm, sweet cotton candy scent with notes of vanilla. I know a lot of people give this body spray lots of crap for being a little girl only scent & things like that just because it's been around forever, but there is nothing wrong with wearing this. Especially for us gourmand fragrance lovers. When I wear this it just smells so pretty. Lots of people don't like sweet scents though, and it makes them sick so if you're one of them don't try this. This is one of those scents that you'll either love it or you won't. I personally really love this a lot.

on 10/17/2014 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Yuck this makes my stomach turn so bad.
Horrible horrible scent. Not at all cotton candy just very strong sweet fake scent.
Not even a sugar type scent just very bad.

on 8/10/2014 10:11:00 AM

I bought this stuff after not using any Body Fantasies products since elementary or middle school. It's such a nostalgic scent for me. I love the playful girly sweetness it has. It's not overly saccarhine and dries down nicely. The initial grape smell which I don't care for disappears in less than a minute. I took one lippie away on packaging because I miss the old bottle design with the fairies on the lid. The new design seems very bland and uninspired. It's also impossible to find the smaller size in stores now.

love this scent smells identical to juice bars cotton candy which was my signature until they discontinued it so in love with this stuff!!!!!!!

on 3/15/2014 12:47:00 PM

I bought this because people were raving about it on MUA and Fragrantica.
It turned out to be a big mistake

Pros:
- smells nice in the bottle
-- smells like Pink Sugar but toned down

Cons:
- when you spray it, it smells completely different
-- it smells NOTHING like cotton candy
-- I thought it was because of my body odor, but it still smells foul when I spray it in the air
- smell is strong at first
-- after 10 minutes, the smell disappears
--- but if it's sprayed on clothes, it lasts FOREVER

I'm never going to buy this again.

on 2/15/2014 8:13:00 PM

I bought this and tried to like it because of the great reviews but I cannot stand this smell. Its just too strong and gives me nausea. I DO understand why people would like this scent though. Great value for the price.

on 12/20/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this on a whim and I agree that it is a fun, girly, and playful fragrance. It smells exactly like cotton candy from the fair and has decent longevity on the skin. I don't see myself wearing this everyday, but when I need a nice positive mental boost or have a simple craving for some cotton candy, I can reach for this. It has simple notes and doesn't have the licorice undertone of Pink Sugar. It looks like they changed the bottle from what it looked like years ago. I paid about nine dollars for this at Walgreens but I'm pretty sure you can find this cheaper at other retailers.

on 4/12/2013 12:14:00 AM

I love this scent for my children. ALL of the 5th graders where this and it's very lovely, clean and sweet :) I cannot recommend it for an adult purely because the entire 5th grade smells like it so think of tweens when I smell it. Very nice and long last, great price too!

on 4/11/2013 11:33:00 PM

Smells just like cotton candy, carry it in your purse. It has the same scent quality as bath and body works/ victorias secret. . Youthful not immature. If a man smells this on you he is most likely thinking you have high energy, excitment and playfulness. The price is excellent.

Popular Fragrances