July 25, 2014 | 1075 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Reviva - DMAE & Alpha Lipoic Acid & Vitamin C Ester Firming Eye Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by elajean

This product does hydrate well, which leaves my eyes looking bright for an hour or so, but I wouldn't call it a "firming serum." No long-term effects.

If you want a firming serum, or something to help de-puff your eyes, look for an eye cream with caffeine in it - that's the stuff that works wonders!

I've found this product also contains some ingredients that can cause photosensitivity, which would explain why some people claim their dark circles became darker after using this. Lime extract and vitamin C (although I doubt any effective vitamin C remains in the product by the time it hits the shelves, as this ingredient is very unstable once mixed with water) both will make your skin more sensitive to sun damage. I would not recommend wearing this during the day for this reason.

In fact, I would recommend just finding a better eye serum altogether. This one is relatively inexpensive, but you only get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Joey1

I love this product..Every single eye I have tried either made my eyes drier, puffier, redder, itchier,..you get the picture. However, this little serum is a delight, It moisturizes the area and has definitely evened out the overall tone of the skin around my eyes and smoothed it out. I've been using for about a month now. Until now, I hadn't been using anything because my skin didn't tolerate it.

I have dry/combo rosacea skin with allergies to preservatives, phalates, fragrance

If your skin is similiar, it's worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Nugen07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the first eye serums I have used. I have experimented with eye creams and gels before, and I defintely think serums are the way to go for my very sensitive skin. This sinks in very well, no greasiness. I do love the packaging. It's in a glass bottle with a pump dispenser, and it dispenses the perfect amount. It's on the pricey side, about $20, but that's pretty standard for any eye treatment product.

I use this as a general moisturizer to prevent wrinkles, I can't say I've noticed any huge difference firming-wise, but I've done my research on eye treatments. Not many of them do more than simply moisturize.

This is a great minimalist eye treatment. Very nautral ingredients, non-irritating. If you have want to see noticable results, you may want to try something else.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by JRelic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Would not buy again - mostly because I didn't see it make a difference in my skin. Might try it as another user suggested - as a lip plumper.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

-I use it as as a all over face serum.
-Works as good as a more expensive serum with DMAE in it.
-works under my makeup
-Have ordered my second bottle.

Update
-on my fourth bottle best overall lotion for under my makeup
-I added another lippie because I use it everyday
-I was starting to see sagging in my jaw and this is realy helping

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 7:11:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I have used this around my eyes and it made very little difference. So why am I giving it a fairly high review? Because it plumps my lips. Every evening a put a small drop on my lips and rub it into them and just above the lip line where i am beginning to get lines. This makes my lips plumper and seems to be smoothing those faint upper lip lines. There's enough improvement to make me want to repurchase when I eventually run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by skyespice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Meh. This isn't terrible, but it isn't great either. It never lightened or smoothed my undereye area, which is what the product promises. I also noticed I began breaking out in small white heads on my undereye and even my eyelid area after using this for a couple of weeks. I stopped using it completely. You get what you pay for I suppose, and this is super cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by missqueeniec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this cream because I use a lot of products in the Reviva line, but I was so disappointed when it did nothing at all to firm my eyes. It has great ingredients so I am not sure why it doesn't work, but it didn't do anything to firm or depuff my eyes. I also had a similar experience a another reviewer when it seemed like my dark circles got worse while I was using it. I thought it was my imagination until I saw another person had the same reaction. So for me this cream was a waste of money, dont reccomend it at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by eiswoman

This stuff doesn't work. Period.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by jhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had stopped using night products under my eyes at the suggestion of a Dr. Hauschka aesthetician. She said I needed to let the skin "breathe" there. I have always have dark circles and bags under my eyes. I had been using this product. It seemed as if it was doing nothing.

A few weeks ago, I was going through all my beauty products and found the Reviva Eye Serum. My eyes have been looking truly awful lately and the "breathing" didn't help one bit. So, I started using the serum again. In the last two days, I realized that my eyes look much better. I've done nothing else new in my beauty regimen. I still need concealer, but I look far less tired. So, the stuff does what it says. Maybe last time I used it I wasn't paying enough attention, or expected it to "cure" my eyes. Nothing will do that except some plastic surgery!