Stila Smudge Pot in Black

Ok if you aren't doing winged eyeliner, but it smudges like crazy and I had such a hard time doing the wing. I returned this and went to get mac fluid line, it's cheaper and works better.

LOVE IT SO MUCH.

I've just been applying it with an Ecotools angled brush and it's still my favorite liner ever. It doesn't take much product to create a look, either! Stays on all day with primer or without, it's easy to make nice, clean lines, and it's super pigmented. I'm saving up for the brush!

This stuff was way too dry for me

I actually like this product, i have it in black. you get a lot of product in the jar. this is a cream gel formula and it takes a while to dry but once it does it doesn't move. i think a lot of it has to do with the brush you are using, and yea i think it is difficult to get that precise line, but I've always had an issue getting it to look nice so im not singling out this product. i havent had a problem with this product drying out, but i also don't use it everyday and i try to close the cap tight.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is awful! It was way too dry and crumbly, none stayed on the brush, and when I tried to fill in the wing on my winged eyeliner, it TOOK eyeliner off! Not sure how that happens, but I ended up tossing this stuff. Never buying again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I was originally wanting Laura Mercier Tightline but the Sephora in Joplin does not carry Laura :( so the SA suggested this applied using the tightline technique with a slanted eyebrow brush. It works! The texture is creamy but it dries and sticks like glue to the underside of my top lashes, giving my lashes a really full look without looking like I am wearing liner. The only thing about this I don't like is that it is hard to remove, my Almay makeup remover just seems to smear it around! That is really saying something about this eye liner! I may have to experiment with an oilier eye make up remover.

After trying the Maybelline gel eyeliner, I decided to give this a whirl. Complete crap! I can never get any product onto the brush. I had to go in and exchange it because it's so damn dry. Same thing happened with the second one. I don't think it's a bad batch if it happened twice. Even the SAs at Sephora were shocked.

I DID rebuy this one because it seems like the little pot dries up really quickly. Well before I ever make a significant dent in the product. That said I've switched to a different product for liner. This one is thick so it's a little easier to control but you don't get the super fine lines as easily for a good winged look. It's the most smudgeproof and waterproof of all that I've tried and borders on difficult to remove. I really wanted to like this one more than I did, but it did serve as my gateway liquid/gel liner and weaned me off the traditional pencil/smudgy look.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am a bit torn with this product. I wanted to switch my Bobbi Brown gel liner because I was very disappointed with it, and I ended up buying Stila. I really like Stila in general because they've got good quality products and they're cruelty free.
There's quite a lot of product and the price isn't too bad. The pigmentation is very good as well. There are two things that bothered me though: It dried out faster than Bobbi Brown and it smudges really easily. I now this product is called the smudge pot but I still didn't expect it to smudge so easily! So I have to say it's not very long lasting. Especially when the product has dried out it won't apply and just kinda flakes onto my cheeks.
This does not stand a chance in lasting power compared to my new gel liner from Etude House. Would probably not purchase again I'm afraid :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm so happy I found this. It's dark and matte. It applies like a dream. I've had it on for 7 hours with no transfer to the upper lid or smearing. I know some people say this dries out fast. I've traditionally had pretty good luck with gel/cream liners because I don't use them every day. So, hopefully this will last a while before it needs to be thrown out.

Top Rated Stila Products