Stila Smudge Pot in Black

on 3/22/2015 1:42:00 AM

I actually like this product, i have it in black. you get a lot of product in the jar. this is a cream gel formula and it takes a while to dry but once it does it doesn't move. i think a lot of it has to do with the brush you are using, and yea i think it is difficult to get that precise line, but I've always had an issue getting it to look nice so im not singling out this product. i havent had a problem with this product drying out, but i also don't use it everyday and i try to close the cap tight.

on 11/6/2014 1:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is awful! It was way too dry and crumbly, none stayed on the brush, and when I tried to fill in the wing on my winged eyeliner, it TOOK eyeliner off! Not sure how that happens, but I ended up tossing this stuff. Never buying again.

on 7/2/2014 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I was originally wanting Laura Mercier Tightline but the Sephora in Joplin does not carry Laura :( so the SA suggested this applied using the tightline technique with a slanted eyebrow brush. It works! The texture is creamy but it dries and sticks like glue to the underside of my top lashes, giving my lashes a really full look without looking like I am wearing liner. The only thing about this I don't like is that it is hard to remove, my Almay makeup remover just seems to smear it around! That is really saying something about this eye liner! I may have to experiment with an oilier eye make up remover.

on 4/23/2014 9:26:00 PM

After trying the Maybelline gel eyeliner, I decided to give this a whirl. Complete crap! I can never get any product onto the brush. I had to go in and exchange it because it's so damn dry. Same thing happened with the second one. I don't think it's a bad batch if it happened twice. Even the SAs at Sephora were shocked.

on 12/4/2013 4:26:00 PM

I DID rebuy this one because it seems like the little pot dries up really quickly. Well before I ever make a significant dent in the product. That said I've switched to a different product for liner. This one is thick so it's a little easier to control but you don't get the super fine lines as easily for a good winged look. It's the most smudgeproof and waterproof of all that I've tried and borders on difficult to remove. I really wanted to like this one more than I did, but it did serve as my gateway liquid/gel liner and weaned me off the traditional pencil/smudgy look.

on 1/11/2013 5:56:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am a bit torn with this product. I wanted to switch my Bobbi Brown gel liner because I was very disappointed with it, and I ended up buying Stila. I really like Stila in general because they've got good quality products and they're cruelty free.
There's quite a lot of product and the price isn't too bad. The pigmentation is very good as well. There are two things that bothered me though: It dried out faster than Bobbi Brown and it smudges really easily. I now this product is called the smudge pot but I still didn't expect it to smudge so easily! So I have to say it's not very long lasting. Especially when the product has dried out it won't apply and just kinda flakes onto my cheeks.
This does not stand a chance in lasting power compared to my new gel liner from Etude House. Would probably not purchase again I'm afraid :(

on 12/16/2012 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm so happy I found this. It's dark and matte. It applies like a dream. I've had it on for 7 hours with no transfer to the upper lid or smearing. I know some people say this dries out fast. I've traditionally had pretty good luck with gel/cream liners because I don't use them every day. So, hopefully this will last a while before it needs to be thrown out.

on 11/15/2012 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This is a P.O.S!!! I wanted it so badly when other (drugstore) versions weren't available, and I got it as a gift. It was only ok at first because I had to use a crappy free Sephora liner brush because it didn't come with one and I didn't have one at the time. I vaguely remember the line being dark enough but I can't recall how precise it was since the brush situation, but what I DO remember is how it dried out before I was halfway through and I had to throw it out!!!! I do remember being able to use it in the water line which is great but you can do that with all the cheaper versions that at least come with a semi-decent brush Even the samples in Sephora are always dry. Waste, don't bother. The L'oreal one is way better, cheaper, and I've had it for years and it's still not dry.

on 10/25/2012 7:24:00 AM

This is my second smudge pot (I got my first one at least 3 years ago and it lasted for a while because I used it sparingly). And did they change the formula or something??? I was so impressed with my first one and then I get this one and the quality is comparable to drug store eyeliner. It's a crumbly, dry mess. I can't even go over my eyelid twice or the sheer dryness of the eyeliner will actually ERASE the first layer that I drew on. The only way this eyeliner is manageable is if I add some lotion to it and swirl is around, but if I'm paying $20 for damn eyeliner it better already be "lotion" quality. I will not be purchasing this again :(

on 10/16/2012 9:15:00 PM

Terrible product. Doesn't adhere. I had to use another eyeliner on top of it. If I use it, it takes me longer to do my makeup in the morning because you just have to keep reapplying it. Also not dark enough. But the biggest problem is that it just doesn't stick.