September 22, 2014 | 1572 users online

Eyeliner - Stila - Smudge Pot in Black

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by 4tee1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was originally wanting Laura Mercier Tightline but the Sephora in Joplin does not carry Laura :( so the SA suggested this applied using the tightline technique with a slanted eyebrow brush. It works! The texture is creamy but it dries and sticks like glue to the underside of my top lashes, giving my lashes a really full look without looking like I am wearing liner. The only thing about this I don't like is that it is hard to remove, my Almay makeup remover just seems to smear it around! That is really saying something about this eye liner! I may have to experiment with an oilier eye make up remover.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

After trying the Maybelline gel eyeliner, I decided to give this a whirl. Complete crap! I can never get any product onto the brush. I had to go in and exchange it because it's so damn dry. Same thing happened with the second one. I don't think it's a bad batch if it happened twice. Even the SAs at Sephora were shocked.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by katgolightly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I DID rebuy this one because it seems like the little pot dries up really quickly. Well before I ever make a significant dent in the product. That said I've switched to a different product for liner. This one is thick so it's a little easier to control but you don't get the super fine lines as easily for a good winged look. It's the most smudgeproof and waterproof of all that I've tried and borders on difficult to remove. I really wanted to like this one more than I did, but it did serve as my gateway liquid/gel liner and weaned me off the traditional pencil/smudgy look.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Shiorin

I am a bit torn with this product. I wanted to switch my Bobbi Brown gel liner because I was very disappointed with it, and I ended up buying Stila. I really like Stila in general because they've got good quality products and they're cruelty free.
There's quite a lot of product and the price isn't too bad. The pigmentation is very good as well. There are two things that bothered me though: It dried out faster than Bobbi Brown and it smudges really easily. I now this product is called the smudge pot but I still didn't expect it to smudge so easily! So I have to say it's not very long lasting. Especially when the product has dried out it won't apply and just kinda flakes onto my cheeks.
This does not stand a chance in lasting power compared to my new gel liner from Etude House. Would probably not purchase again I'm afraid :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I'm so happy I found this. It's dark and matte. It applies like a dream. I've had it on for 7 hours with no transfer to the upper lid or smearing. I know some people say this dries out fast. I've traditionally had pretty good luck with gel/cream liners because I don't use them every day. So, hopefully this will last a while before it needs to be thrown out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

This is a P.O.S!!! I wanted it so badly when other (drugstore) versions weren't available, and I got it as a gift. It was only ok at first because I had to use a crappy free Sephora liner brush because it didn't come with one and I didn't have one at the time. I vaguely remember the line being dark enough but I can't recall how precise it was since the brush situation, but what I DO remember is how it dried out before I was halfway through and I had to throw it out!!!! I do remember being able to use it in the water line which is great but you can do that with all the cheaper versions that at least come with a semi-decent brush. Waste, don't bother.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by nollantokki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my second smudge pot (I got my first one at least 3 years ago and it lasted for a while because I used it sparingly). And did they change the formula or something??? I was so impressed with my first one and then I get this one and the quality is comparable to drug store eyeliner. It's a crumbly, dry mess. I can't even go over my eyelid twice or the sheer dryness of the eyeliner will actually ERASE the first layer that I drew on. The only way this eyeliner is manageable is if I add some lotion to it and swirl is around, but if I'm paying $20 for damn eyeliner it better already be "lotion" quality. I will not be purchasing this again :(

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by MmeRed

Terrible product. Doesn't adhere. I had to use another eyeliner on top of it. If I use it, it takes me longer to do my makeup in the morning because you just have to keep reapplying it. Also not dark enough. But the biggest problem is that it just doesn't stick.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by luckynumber7

I really love this eyeliner. I have oily Asian eyelids and it took me forever to find an eyeliner that wouldn't smudge on me! I've been using it for around two years now and I absolutely love it. Every time I try a different eyeliner, it just doesn't work as well as this one so it keeps me coming back! It does flake just a bit though, but that doesn't bother me. Really good lasting power.

TIP: Seems people have been complaining about how it dries out quickly. Same thing happened with me with my first smudge pot. I learned that if you really close the lid TIGHTLY, it won't dry up! I've been using my current smudge pot for about 7 months now and it's still great. Just don't forget to put the lid on or it will definitely dry up to the point where it's un-useable (happened to me! :( )

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by sc2944

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best cream eyeliner I have used besides ELF. My only issue with this is it's not for people with watery eyes. It definitely smudges. However, a little goes a LONG way so it's definitely worth the price.