Nivea Visage Young - Control It gel-cream

3.6

on 12/13/2014 4:50:00 PM

In some countries (Switzerland) this is advertised as Nivea Pure Effect. This cream smells nice and fresh. It gives a smooth skin but it doesn't control oil and left my chin dry. Not for me.

on 10/7/2014 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Loved while in my teens. Gentle and keep me away from pimples.

on 2/21/2014 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

In the Netherlands this is marketed under the Nivea Pure Effect line, but is the same product as the one listed here. At first I wasn't a fan of this moisturizer because I didn't notice any oil controlling properties, and after use I had a small breakout. I put it away for many months and during that time adjusted my skin care routine.

Fast forward a few months and I had run out of my night moisturizer. I decided to use this until I decided what product to buy next, but fell in love with this in the interim. At first I was using this as a night cream and noticed that when I woke up, my face looked matte but refreshed and my skin felt moisturized without any greasy residue. After a week of this result overnight, I began using this during the day, and had the exact same result. It keeps my skin from getting dehydrated and overproducing oil. It dries down quickly and leaves no trace of itself on the top layer of my skin. By moisturizing my skin without adding any noticeable product layer, my skin produces far less oil throughout the day. I've now been using this exclusively both day and night for many months, and I'm very pleased with the results.

The packaging is simple and clean. I like the tube format because I hate sticking my finger in pots of moisturizer. It only takes a very small amount of product to cover my face in the morning, and I use a touch more at night.

on 7/22/2013 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Keeps shine away and doesn't make me feel greasy. Have started using bp cream for acne and have noticed dry patches using this combination but nothing a good night cream won't fix. It's so cheap so highly recommended for oily/combination skin only.

on 5/10/2013 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is absolutely amazing for oily skin! I never used to use a moisturizer considering I already had oily skin, but I use this in the morning and evening and my skin is at least half as oily now, and it controls the shine that I do get! Love this product and will definitely be buying again.

on 10/1/2012 3:44:00 PM

This product is good for me because i have an acne prone skin but it moisturizes my skin without clogging my pores or make my skin oily. I would definitly buy it again

on 6/16/2012 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this moisturiser!! Having oily skin can sometimes be a problem, but if I put some of this on my skin, it makes my skin smooth, excess oil is practically gone and it is perfect for putting under makeup. I would definitely buy this again.

on 2/28/2012 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This moisturiser is quite good. It doesn't really stop your skin from getting oily (but becoming oily is inevitable) and I find it doesn't control shine that well, but it doesn't leave me with dry patches around my mouth or nose like most shine controlling moisturisers do. It's very sheer and light which also a bonus. This is probably the best shine controlling moisturiser I've tried.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not a dream moisturizer, but still a good basic and lightweight gel-cream for oily complexions like mine. It provides enough hydration and absorbs really quickly, but I am not so sure about its effectiveness on controlling the glow. Anyway, I have been using it for the last six years and I don't have much to complain about. Paired with the cleanser of the same Nivea line, a good toner and some mattifying powder, it keeps my skin in a decent condition without making me spend a fortune. That's what everyone asks for in any beauty routine, right?

on 7/23/2011 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I thought this was a quite good product for the price. It didn't break my out or cause any irritation, it felt really gentle and soft on the skin and it smelled nice. You get quite a lot of product and the tube is really handy.

Popular Moisturizers