Hard Candy lip plumping lipstick

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Not sure why this fantastic lipstick has such a low rating. Past reviews are over 11 years old, so here's my up to date review haha.

The packaging is quite heavy and sturdy. Shiny silver tube with black designs and lettering. Very appealing.

The formula is wonderful! So smooth and creamy without bleeding or feathering. Very moisturizing and makes my lips look fuller and juicier haha. Love it!

It almost looks like a gloss! Super shiny color. The glossiness wears off in about an hour, but the color sticks around for much longer. Smooth, soft lips are left behind when it does eventually wear off.

I have the color Beloved and it's a gorgeous medium pink, which is very wearable with a bit of brightness.

Overall, I'm really enjoying these plumping lipsticks. I'll be picking up some more shades soon!

on 1/19/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I dont know if my review is for the same lipstick. because i love it. I am referring to hard candy plumping lipstick in *prominent*. Cute packaging, smells so good and is really moisturizing. I am sensetive to smells and am not a fan of using products i dont like the smell of. Plumbing? Maybe a little bit but thats not why i like the lipstick. Maybe they changed the formula because i got the kind with a *new* sticker on it.

on 3/7/2004 4:57:00 PM

Waste of money. The color is ugly and it doesn't plump.

I got this in a give-a-way, which I'm glad for, because it's worthless for $18. This doesn't plump my lips at all, and the color, Star, is ugly. Ignore the color on Sephora.com because it's not true. The pink color doesn't show up at all, and the supposed gold color is more green then gold.

on 6/12/2002 6:40:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got this for Christmas in Retro. This absolutely does not plump your lips at all! I like the cute sqaure tube though, and will keep this around if I want silver lips. For $18, save your money if you are searching for a plumper.

on 12/7/2001 6:42:00 PM

Is it me or does this stuff really not work? I tried Vinyl, and it didn't colour my lips at all. It looked like I put Vaseline on my lips. This doesn't plump.

on 11/28/2001 2:56:00 AM

I bought this in "Star" which is a gold shimmery color. Putting it on, it had an okay feel to it but five minutes later... very dry. It seemed to do what it claimed, though, for me. I did notice that my lips were "plumped" a bit.

The bad part is that it dried my lips out so much that they didn't get back to normal for two days afterward. I'm going to return it for this reason.

on 10/8/2001 5:56:00 PM

I got this in Vinyl too, and it is a very pretty color. sort of a sheer Cherry red/hot pink with some shimmer. Definitely no plumping action which is funny because it boasts of some new "innovative ingredient" thats supposed to plump your lips with each application :o) um, sure. anyway, it does make your lips tingle slightly (either that or I'm allergic) but thats about it.

Recommended for Medium Skin